Discuss electric cars

Discuss electric cars

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eT7KKxoAvvk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

they're shit

long live gas

Americans make the best electric cars

Not viable yet for long drives or more than a few laps of high-performance driving, but I'd take one for city driving and day-to-day duties.

if the tesla is the quickest, whats the 2nd fastest?

Tesla is not the quickest.
Check the electric sls amg (or maybe gts amg)

kek

I think the i8 looks awesome, but the price for performance isn't where gas vehicles are, and although teslas look cool and have cool bells and whistles, I dun wanna explode

MOST
TECHNOLOGICALLY
ADVANCED
CARS
IN
THE
WORLD

fuck yeah.

>tfw no EV miata

Electric motorcycles are better. It's good as a small vehicle for the city and anything within a 100 km radius of said city.

And performance is good.

I think they're cool. That or hydrogen

Hydrogen doesn't get enough love as a fuel source.

Can anything called "electric car" make nice sounds and rev progressively (I mean: make power) while being mated with manual? Is it technically possible anyhow?

It's not really big in the public eye yet. Isn't there only like 1 big manufacturer who has released one? And the fueling station's are unicorns

pretty much the perfect car for normies

>very little maintenance, not even brakes
>no such thing as beating on it
>quiet
>refined
>reliable as fuck since there's much less to go wrong
>plenty of fancy remote climate control stuff like turning on the A/C or heater while it's charging, usually using an app, handy up here in the northeast
>nice punchy off-the-line acceleration without being "too fast"
>dirt DIRT cheap to run due to no gas costs and maintenance is nothing

The future is electric as daily drivers and ICE as weekend or fun cars. Electric is just more practical for a lot of people. Saves you money and for most people will work fine

god damn i love the black zombie
where's my 40k no-frills electric muscle car

Hydrogen barely works for forklifts in a warehouse. It would be a nightmare to use as a vehicle fuel source. Enjoy your 2000lb fuel cell that puts out 2.7kw for a few hours.

Hydrogen is like being cucked by the periodic table.

Never unless you build it yourself. No-frills cars are history.

that's true unfortunately
>tfw want an electric lotus elise with similar weight and all the normal systems like hydraulic power steering intact and a 200 mile range
>tfw i'll be waiting another decade at least, battery tech is getting better but slowly

Actually brake maintenance is pretty high in coastal and/or areas where they salt the roads, even higher than regular combustion cars. This is obviously due to the fact that the brakes are never properly used, and as such they rust to shit. The brakes will get slaughtered at every inspection and service, and they will be more dangerous to use in emergency situations due to the rust.

>maintenance is nothing
HA
HA HA
HA HA OH WOW

Electric car repair will fuck you on labor because despite the vehicle being more mechanically simplistic, the extremely high voltages involved require the use of fucktons of PPE and safety training, only certain techs will be qualified to work on your car, and an unqualified tech might actually kill himself with your machine just by touching the wrong wire.

also, if you've ever owned an RC car, you'd know that electric car parts fail just as fast as IC parts when exposed to road grime, dirt, etc.

You can add a maserati soundpack and make a shifter that basically controls power delivery, but that's it.

nope, concept one is (not a concept, just its name)
youtube.com/watch?v=eT7KKxoAvvk

yeah but you don't get that sexy sls with falcon wings.