Learning

Hi Veeky Forums,
I want to learn how to drive a manual. My budget on this learner would be, say, max $4000.

Your expert opinions and thoughts as to which car would best serve me for learning to drive stick?

Some underpowered shitter. You'll stall, stall more, stall a lot and stall even more until you're so good you'll never stall anything ever again.

learner instead of actual car you'll keep with you
fuck off
something something civic or w/e the meme is nowadays

Civic em2

u alright mate?

To be fair, I drive a car that cost me under $1000. And I love it.

So maybe if I like the "learner", hell I may keep it instead of re-selling it.

Doesn't matter

/thread

Shut the fuck up. If you stall more than twice while taking off you're doing it on purpose.

Accord, Civic, Jetta.

I've always liked the feel of manual transmissions from Honda and VW (I learned in a 6-speed AWD K04-equipped Audi TT, it felt like shifting through warm butter).

Do not start with an AWD Subaru; they have heavy clutches with small contact points.

I always say this in these threads. Learning it is easy.

1 day Max to learn how to get around

3 to 7 says to cut out almost all the stalling

1 to 3 months to really master your car

Once you master on your car you can pretty much drive any stick shift car.

You have to remember plenty of retarded troglodytes drive stick shift, so can you. I reccomend watching plenty of videos but once you get the basic concept, you cannot learn anymore than that until you get in the car and go yourself. After that no videos will help you, it's all up to you.

Miata
You'll learn and have fun

This was my first choice honestly as I've kinda always wanted one. However, since it's such a popular car now, everybody's selling one for crazy stupid prices. Sucks.

I'd also like an NB as well since it's newer.

Might as well get the NB, it's a direct upgrade over the NA in pretty much every way. The only thing you lose is the popups.

Then I think it's settled user. My quest for an NB begins.

Anything cheap and running.

What would you say is a reasonable price for a good condition miata around 120-150k miles? I want one but I feel like they're too expensive at the moment.

3000-3500, 2200-2700 if it's an NA6.

NA6s here cost 3500-4000 with like 180k miles, it pisses me off because they look so fun and I want to learn manual on one.

Saw a shitbox Miata on my local Craigslist for $1500 earlier. And a 240sx for $3000. Just check Craigslist for things that might be good.

NB1 a best

This one is mine

you will probably learn to love the miata, and probably will end up keeping it. theres so many upgrade paths out there, that you can literally do anything with it. if you get na, or nb, just make sure you get one with a torsen

pic related, my nb