Do you own an Evo, Show that shit off

Do you own an Evo, Show that shit off.

Pic Related, my 4 RS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_qc24aw2cpc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also, if you like evo's feel free to post jerk worthy material here. Early gen gets gold star

Any advice to someone who's looking to buy one. I mainly just want to take the piss out of my sisters WRX

post sister

My Ralliart. Halfway there, I suppose. Still packs the 4B11T and AWD.

We've got dumbass laws about what you can and cannot drive for the first few years. And insurance is kind for what it is, especially compared to the WRX.

Nah, here's her car though.

If it makes you feel better she fat.

If you live in Ontario, don't.

Anywhere else. Buy an Evo 4. AYC in its first generation is its best generation.

If you dont know what what AYC is... google it and be amazed.

He could also get a Galant VR-4 for it. Not quite the same as the Evo but there's no Evo tax to it and it looks like another nondescript Mitsubishi sedan. Cops won't look twice if it's an issue over there.

The only EVOs I've even seen for sale here are VIII IX & X's

my V

Imports, m8.

Shit for the money it would cost me I'd just shell out for an r32.

Back on topic are the EVO X's as bad as Veeky Forums makes them out to be?

You have to import them.

Or buy mine as its for sale.

>Watch for AYC pump failures
>Transfer case whine
>ticking lash adjusters
>Clutch judder/slip
>Gearbox input bearing noise
>stalling when clutch depressed (Idle control Valve)
>rusted wastegate actuators
>suspension top mount play

Make sure ayc has diaqueen ayc fluid in it only, same with transfer, gearbox and rear diff.

r32, lose to evo 4s every time.

Unfactually based comment of the night.

Really wanting an evo, leaning towards a 2 or 3 but the 4 and 5 are just so much better

at least people won't call it a lancer at car shows

also bridge pins 1&4 on the OBD connector under the dash with a paper clip and count the flashes on the cluster for any stored faults.

How many pesos and could I get it into Burgerland?

No they just call it a model name that used to be a 4cyl na diesel automagic sedan

>Shit for the money it would cost me I'd just shell out for an r32
One of the FR RB20 models, perhaps. You won't get a busted BNR32 for what it'd cost for a clean Evo IV.

>Back on topic are the EVO X's as bad as Veeky Forums makes them out to be?
Most of Veeky Forums rides the bus and benchraces stock cars. For its time it had quite a bit of power from the factory and its potential is still absurd. It's more suited to the road and tracks than its predecessors, but still absurdly harsh to daily in any trim.

It's not the best Evo but it's not a bad car at all. It was never intended for stoplight and drag racing to begin with but some of the high horsepower builds still hold their own against V8 highway monsters.

>at least people won't call it a lancer at car shows
But American car shows are shit anyway. It's either snobs or vapers insisting their lowered BRZ is just as respectable as a built Supra. Something like a plate-swapped JZX100 at a JDM-tyte circlejerk in the States would be reported by a jealous bro. Over here we'd just look the other way.

There's no sense in seeking their approval, user. If it's not as good as their souped-up shitbox they sneer. If it's better they sneer regardless.

6500 canadian duckets
Also, money makes anything happen

Eh, I cant even find an importer in my state that will touch 'em

It's kinda hilarious that R32's (actual GTR) go for about the same as evo X's where I live.

>It's kinda hilarious that R32's (actual GTR) go for about the same as evo X's where I live
The Godzilla tax at work. It'll probably go up even more now that the States can import them.

Granted the R32 GT-R is a mean machine. If your pockets are deep enough it can be made to punch holes in the most expensive modern sports cars.

Yeah I live in America and everyone with money and no taste will gladly pay almost $25k for one with 60-100km on it. I can't even imagine trying to find parts for the damn things either.

I would seriously consider buying that if I can get it to Texas without Obama crushing it

Well its only 20 years old... so...

THANKS OBAMA

Seriously, I have $20k cash to buy a fun car and I can't find shit. I already have a daily, but everything is over priced, over driven or just plain fucked. Maybe I'll just go back to using hard drugs again.

Shit with 20 k you could buy my evo and make it beast...

My 2015 Evo X John Easton

It sounds like the most Soviet-era thing; if you have a car that breaches the 25-year import mandate someone local reports you to the authorities because reasons and you have your property seized and crushed. What do people get for snitching in the first place?

And then it would get crushed. I could turn it into a pure rally car (read: no street use) as well but then I would have to find a place to store it and get a truck and a trailer. It would just be silly for something I would drive like once a year.

Cops give legit cash reward to people who report crimes if they catch them. Guy I lived with in Dallas got reported by some shits older sister after he sold the kid some weed and now he's a felon because when the cops searched him he had heroin on him. Bitch was bragging about how she made $200 for reporting him on facebook. But all hail glorious leader Obama/Bush/ect.

what made you get the evo over the sti? also better be manuel

Muh V

That shit is absolutely fucked, mate. I'm astounded that it'd take off at all. Have they no shame?

Reckon it'd be safe with the plates and numbers off a Mirage?

>"Yeah nah officer, it's just a conversion job. JDM tyte and all."

It's more daily friendly. And is the twin clutch SST, but You would be surprised how well it performs. There is no manual option in this version either, so there is that.

Jerky as shit in the suburbs, though. If it's under 50k/h it's not particularly happy in either automatic mode. Easier just to do the shifting yourself till 60 and onwards.

Great in gridlock traffic, though. And nice and instant when you do assume direct control.

Maybe, but if you get caught I think its like a $20k fine and then they crush your car. Maybe I'll just buy a gun and shoot myself.

Land of the Free, eh? Trump should've vowed to overturn import autism; it'd win over every last Veeky Forumstist in the States, and all the vape crews.

This version comes with a remap on the transmission, and a upgraded cooling system for it as well, making it a little better all around. But not that much.

>tfw the election is already rigged for Shillary

Johnson might actually do that, but he will never win. Maybe I'll just buy that EVO IV and fill it with diesel and fertilizer and blow it up near a government building.

I had an Evo 5, Glant VR4 and Airtrek Turbo

RS doesn't have AYC
GSR does

london? scarnsville?

correct.

It's hardly a conventional daily driver to begin with. Improvements are improvements.

>TFW some one saved your image

It was a pretty sick Camry after all. If I weren't hamstrung by P's and wanted a second sport sedan I'd be looking at a Chaser or Crown Athlete.

I agree, but it's my second car anyway, I use to go to work on the weekends and holidays when the streets are empty. But sometimes I take it for a spin on working days too.

>tfw Mitsu isn't forced to sell a bunch of these to the public because homologation

how many kms?

Evos are so fucking expensice in Cali

20k for one thats beat to shit

oh no.

>aperture is set on f9000
>shutter speed at 1/19238
>has the opportunity to take creamy rolling shots.
>takes shots on auto setting with kit lens
>slaps water mark on photos.

git gud.

just

MISFEIRINGU SHISTEM

Bump

yea a 500+whp mr

ive driven it bearly over 900miles since december

That is the derpiest looking roof scoop I have ever seen. And I'm of the opinion that all roof scoops are derpy.

I love its ass :3

>tfw no evo

One day brother, we shall ride together to the gates of Valhalla.
Never quit fighting.

How does MIVEC work in the 4G92? From what I can tell, MIVEC is an umbrella term for a bunch of variable valve train technologies, right?

ugh, my favorite and we don't get it here

>Evo drivers
youtu.be/_qc24aw2cpc

that legitimately looks fun af

60p makes it even better

>tfw can't afford both an FD and an evo

>never raced or abused i know what i got

FD is better.

You only need spoiler then its an evo. here u go.

Well yeah, that's why I'm gonna buy an FD, but the lust for a harem of JDM classics still persists.

My VI GSR

What sort of torque are you making? Stock DCT holding up?

Nigga where the fuck you been

I havent seen you post in a long time

Stock V except 3' exhaust and serviced all fluids.

Had to back off a bit on run 2.

Hi niggers

kek.

Hi there highbrow.

Obligatory waifu post.

>waifuing this cunt
Literally why

It's just how things are. Subaru has Ken Block, we've got worst girl.

Had to ask my cuz in NZ what this thing was. Libero GT, or a Lancer GSR wagon.

We don't have these things on the mainland.

Apparently the 1G WRX bellhousing matches the Mazda rotary bolt pattern. You can have both at once.

This is a flywheel estimate?

that's what I was thinking too
which would be around 250 wheel

which all in all isn't bad for an 18 year old 2.0t car with no work done, closer to 270whp

street """""""""racing"""""""""