Is this a decent car for a broke student ?

Is this a decent car for a broke student ?

no. That's not cheap enough. THIS is what you need.

As someone who has worked on them, yes, but ONLY if you take good/great care of them. They do NOT fair well under stress so remember, no 0-60 trials and no 100-0 stops. Otherwise it's a great car with good mpgs.

>broke student

Get a
>Focus
>Civic
>Corolla
>Malibu
>Mazda3
If you want 2005+ cars. Everything else is way out of your pricerange or too shit.

i already own it guys , i was just asking about the car . Is an 1.6 petrol.

Why do the proportions of that Focus look off?

Then what are you asking about? Yea it'll get good mpgs and won't have much hp/torks. Reliable? It's a ford. In the US parts are cheap but in a country where you say "petrol" maybe not so much. Although IIRC the FiST was a Euroford brainchild so maybe parts are cheap there too.

At least it's not a diesel. Should be fine.

Because sedan.

i think is looks great desu

Why saloon / sedan? Do you hate practical loadspace and the ability to carry large items?

Rims.

I live in Romania , i learnt to drive at school on a VW 2001 1.9 tdi. Will the transition be awkard ? i still dint get my license so i cant drive the Ford until i pass the driving test.

The front looks right, but everything else looks wrong.

>VW 2001 1.9 tdi. Will the transition be awkard ?
I can't think of why it would be awkward my Romanian friend. Both are LHD standard, both are sub-2liter gas engines, and both are fairly
standard econoboxes. I would say you are golden.

Dont know man imo sedan is the perfect look for a car. I fucking hate hatchbacks.

So going from a Diesel to petrol isnt a problem? will the ford start just from releasing the clutch to biting point or it will need some gas at the same time ?

What about coupé-backs?

On level surface? Just fine. On extreme angles? That's different.

Shut up and buy a civic

Sorry I'm a bit drunk I missed the part about engine fuel.

>will the ford start just from releasing the clutch to biting point or it will need some gas at the same time ?
Just rev it to 1.5k or so and slowly release clutch. After a few times do that by noise and you'll be good to go.

Go away.

Sincerely-everyone on Veeky Forums

because it's the second gen MK2 euro Focus America didn't get.

thans brah , got any tips and advices for new drivers ?

Now that you mention it, the tail looks a bit Volvo to me.

that looks sexy

Not him
Shoulder check before lane switch.

That's basically all it's good for, sadly.

Donka.

Good mpgs too. And looks are important.

np man. yes. Regarding what?

>hill starts: rev it more than you would think
>let the clutch sit at the bite point while keeping revs steady for a second or two while starting from stop, then slowly release
>for smoothest shift let the clutch out slowly by feel
>downshift to third for braking but second is not necessary for most stops and turns
>stay in your power band
>downshift before hills
>never drive drunk or you will regret it I know from aexperience
I don't know anythign else you have a question ?

Nice , one more thing , my instructor tought me to brake while pressing the clutch. Is this corect thing to do ? he said this way my engine wont stop.

You can brake without pushing in the clutch, unless you're going to come to a full stop. Basically press the clutch if you get down to about 1000rpm and you're good.

That is correct when coming to a full stop yes. If you have a tachometer, when the needle goes close to below idle RPMs the engine will struggle and sound weak. below that it will turn off or "stall" as people call it and you will have to turn it back on with the key.

When you brake in a higher gear but don't push the clutch in the RPMs may drop that low and the engine will stall. To prevent this, downshift before you get to 1000 RPMs and slowly brake and when you almost are at a stop (usually in third gear) push in the clutch and shift neutral. If it is a sudden brake push in the clutch and brake at the same time. For casual braking where you aren't coming to a full stop but only need to slow speed you don't need to push in the clutch.

Sorry if this is confusing as drunk native American English probably makes no sense to Romanian interpreting English.

>Sorry if this is confusing as drunk native American English probably makes no sense to Romanian interpreting English.
*not native american but "native" being american english as with american slang. if that exists.

if you need further explanation i will try to make sense

Thanks a lot man i will have my driving test next week and i hope i wont fail it. In Romania the examinator is a cop , in USA i think there a civil.

Np man i hope you pass and enjoy driving!

in USA the examinator is from the DMV and is a civilian, but the DMV is known for being filled with bitches and jackasses even though the test is easy it can be stressful. I'm sure you will do fine. Just take it at your own pace and don't fall to "paralysis by analysis".

I plan on taxing a pill of xanax before the test. Did that before at a driving session and i drived flawlessly. Does those around you see that you popped a xanny ? If the cop suspect me i fail from the start.

xanax can make you sound like you are drunk with speaking. but just ask cop to smell your breath if he asks about your speach and obviously you haven't been drinking so try to pass it off as a speech impediment. it's not like that matters becuase you will never see him again (hopefully).

you will do fine, my friend. you will pass. the fact that you care enough to ask about how to do better is proof enough that you want to pass. i doubt you need the pill but if it gives you some peace of mind go ahead.