Ok Veeky Forums

Ok Veeky Forums

Im trying not to start a shitposting/benchracing thread.

I have around 50-60k and I was looking at used GT-Rs. Do you think buying a used GT-R (r35) is a good idea or just importing an r33. Or just buying a Grand Sport, because IMO, its the best vette package.

And yes, I want to blast eurobeat

>glass transmission
>pigfat
>shitty modern car design
>too computerized

That is my main concern desu. Early Gtrs had shitty transmissions. Im looking at a 2011 one, not sure when they beefed the trans.

2010 had the upgraded trans
Earlier models are still strong if you dont limiter launch 100 times a day

>things wannabe le supreme enthusiasts say
Too bad it isnt a rusty na miata huur

this

Save up for the nismo instead

Get the fastest 911 you can afford with a manual transmission and low miles.

this

I was thinking of that too

fuck off with your shit meme m8
I can give you a nismo and a professional driver a 2015 320i and he'll still rape you around a track

top kek

trips of truth

No he wouldnt at all
Stop assuming everyoke is as bad a driver as you #btfo

>bringing up laptimes
>Benchracer confirmed
>n-no im a good driver

Busrider confirmed

>#btfo
>at your own shit burn
die

>Too computerized

Remaining faithful to the Nissan Skylines it succeeds.

Why do you want to spend 50k on a used car, even a GT-R?

>"professional driver" is pahjeet the taxi guy
Lol

Are you saying the performance of a car is irrelevant when looking what to buy? Gtfo grandma, /n/ is thataway

Not him, but he didn't say that though.

>pahjeet drives taxi
>you ride the bus

Sheeeit, I'd take pahjeet

Notice how the new Grand Sport is up there, but no one said anything about it.

Im not saying I buying a used GTR, Im asking if the better purchase would be that or a new Grand Sport

I ride your mum, kid

>Hurr durr your mum jokes

You must be 18 to post here kiddo

Get the vette unless you want a bunch of teenage ricers bothering you all the time

>Im trying not to start a shitposting/benchracing thread.
i feel you brother

if you just gotta go fast and don't care about much else then I guess get a gtr

my dad has a c6 grand sport and he loves it

grand sports aren't what they used to be back in 63....now the shortest description I can think of is a Z06 with the base engine (and an optional autotragic on the c6 in which the Z06 did not have)

I've driven it a few times, here are my thoughts
>autotragic is basically on par with a mazda skyactiv
>very low to the ground
>HUD is pretty good even tho it's not color
>corners surprisingly well even on worn af run flats (he's getting new rubber soon)
>driving requires a lot of attention especially with the super instant steering response

>get rekt so reaort to "youde underage!!"
Spkoen loke a true 12ie
Now go wake ur mum up

>fakelap times
Anyone who drives a car where rhe race version is slower than a broken japanese fwd should just suicide

t. benchracer

>v6
>no manual option
>4000lbs pigfat
>warranty void
>glass transmission
>cracked rotors
>AWD
>supercar maintenance
>slower than a camaro (lol)
>ugly

memes aside, you can do better
$60k is 911, corvette, viper money

>benchracing

Enjoying the bus eh?

I would but its over what I can afford. Grand Sport is what I'm looking at.

>v6
>awd
Are you trying to deter him from buying one? If so why list the two reasons to get one

That is what I was thinking. Not spending anything until I can save more and buy something nicer.

I didn't notice that. I would go with the vette just because for that money I would want a new car, not a big vette fan though.
I think had the best idea

or did you ever think about a Hellcat challenger?

I think he wants an actual sports car, not a pigfat drag queen

>non poorfag makes a thread about a GTR
>corvette cucks are already mad he deicided to buy the superior vehicle

kek

> Or just buying a Grand Sport, because IMO, its the best vette package.

Reading comprehension 0/10

There is no transmissions differences between the 2009 and 2010 gtr. the only thing that changed was the tcu tune to lower the RPM the car could launch in. It wasn't till 2012 model year that the cars got a big transmission upgrade that improved cooling and reliability. Proof of the changes can be seen in the transmission fluid change interval. Before 2012 it had to be changed every 18k miles after 2012 the interval doubled and went to 36k

>GS

lol slower than a GTR

also

>corvette cucks reported the other thread
nice, trigger meltdown confirmed :--DD

see I make this thread for discussion, and you guys can't help but benchrace.

that gtr fan seem to be having some sort of mental crisis over the corvette. what happened?

>what happened
Pic related

The corvette simply could not compete

Have you considered the Camaro SS OP?

Optioned it hits around 50k

It's suppose to be one hell of a car to drive

is this a benchrace thread? my miata would smoke your pos gtr r35 bitch

We don't doubt it. The miata already destroys the corvette

>this
get a car that actually will make you money in the long run user

OP here. Im seriously eyeballing a zl1 when they hit. Haven't tried the new SS but I heard they were stupid fast.

buy a gtr
>pay out the ass for everything
>oil
>tires
>brakes
>transmission fluid
>transmissions
>etc

or you could just pay 50k and get something worthwhile with a warranty

saved thanks

I would really worry about the GTR being beaten on. Those parts will not be cheap if something breaks.

Wouldn't you want to upgrade it later on anyway? I hear they make insane power easily while still being on pump gas.

>someome saved my pic
Roflmao

Don't know where you are but there are enough R35 GT-Rs where I am. Not a single Skyline GT-R. I'd get an NSX for Nippon. Stock silver one is local, also seen a mad black one - low and with an aftermarket wing. They definitely stand out a lot more than a GT-R of any type.

>3000 lbs

Is this with full interior like radio air conditioning AND magnetic ride control? that is literally 911 GT2 RS weight with Cadillac suspension comfort. just when i thought my dick couldn't get any harder.

Are those cheap on the second hand market cause id fucking love one.

I would be against slapping giant turbos on one, it's going to destroy drivability.

Maybe some slight turbo upgrades, maybe a catback and downpipe upgrade, possibly an intake upgrade if it makes sense. But I would target maybe 700-800 crank horsepower max and focus on things like brake, oil, differential, and transmission cooling. Also look into a GR6 reinforcement kit.

>someone
I'm king of Veeky Forums.

Honestly, I'd be more worried about the Nissan quality.

I mean, it's basically a race car (high maintenance) and a Nissan (even higher maintenance).

I dunno, bro. I've never owned a GT-R, but I have been burned by a few Nissans in my lifetime.

Not if yoire using my material
Remember yoir place newbie

>newbie
No u

No u no u

No u

as someone that loves LS engines and owns a GTR, let me give u a non bias opinion.

The gtr will be faster, slightly more luxury feel depending on what one you get.

the rwd v8 will sound way fucking nicer and might possibly be more fun.

you won't get either to their limits on public roads so honestly get the one you enjoy more. both have downsides, both are fun and ignore shitposters who are obviously bias.

just because the GTR is faster does not mean to discount the vette.

also, stay away from a r33 GTR. They're mind blowingingly amazing, but you can't afford one. They never, EVER cost what you think they do, they have supercar maintinance costs.

Is there a way to check these gTR's whether or not the had a shit load of launch control done on them? Like an OBD sensor ?

>R33's have supercar maintinance costs
>Other option is a GTR