Subaru

what the fuck happened to Subaru? 10 years ago they were cool as shit and their STi could keep up with M3's and such for half the price; now they're about to be spanked by a Ford Focus. they don't even offer "recaro" type seats anymore in the new STis. even their designs are a lot more tame.

Other urls found in this thread:

goodcarbadcar.net/2016/08/usa-all-vehicle-sales-by-model-july-2016-ytd.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They still use pancake engines.
Also they were never good.
Because pancake engines

They need ecoboost swaps

An sti coupe would make me hard

New WRX is huge improvement. STI, not so much

>because pancake engines

Porsche's models literally accelerate faster than any other mfg on the market

>inb4 false equivalency

no one buys them, the Evo was discontinued after rotting on it's platform

>no one buys wrxs/stis

I see thousands in California

Evos were always superior.

Same engine, car got heavier and heavier because normies buy them now.

They got comfortable. They sold better than Evos did because they had the WRX (more affordable and comfortable) to pull people in who thought STIs were too expensive or tough for daily driving. The GD chassis was fucking phenomenal and it built brand loyalty. They got comfortable because they knew people will buy their shit no matter what now. Stuff like the Focus RS should make them step the game up though, it makes literally no sense to buy an STI anymore, especially with how good WRXs are now.

lol they're pretty fucking common dude.

its weird both the sti and evo ran themselves into the ground. popular cars with a rich rally history and yet no major overhaul improvements from their manufacturers

no

goodcarbadcar.net/2016/08/usa-all-vehicle-sales-by-model-july-2016-ytd.html

In the time frame that the Mustang GT went from having 260 HP to 435 HP, the STI went from 280 HP to 310 HP

They fell for the econobox meme

>at the back of the car
>in rwd
>without massive understeer
>in a race designed car
>with more HP

1. Acquire 90's Impreza L AWD (2-door).
2. Swap in built EJ25 and STi 6-speed, maybe some limited-slip diffs too.
3. Keep it stock on the
4. Profit.

It has been done. Subarus all share a lot of parts and designs between generations so most everything fits.

They known owners don't give a fuck about the stock engine and they know they can sell the car at a high profit. They also know most owners will void their warranty within 2 years due trying to be wace caw dwiver. So they keep it cheap on their end and scoop up money before the sales drop off. Then they upgrade. Thank fuck they're getting rid of the brz, so I've heard.

They need to offer variable drive trains and a forged engine. That would seal the deal. Or drop the price by 8k.

Still I love the fact my fucking sedan mops 75% of subs, Ford Taurus, erryday.

They totally missed the mark on the latest STi. Its one of the most major exterior overhauls in its history, but they changed almost nothing about the drivetrain. They sat on their asses because they had a good product for a few years and now a V6 camry can keep up with a "sports" car

I bought one for 45k maple bucks and I got cucked. it was fun, relatively quick but missing lots. cheap leather seats rather than race cloth buckets. I staged 2'd 6months after I bought it and I realized it should have been atleast that quick stock

Subarus definitely don't have massive understeer. They have more than rwd but nothing close to massive. Doesn't sound like you have driven one.

The Focus is an excellent car for the track based on the SASCA events I've been to. I've seen it beat a lot of Mustangs.

WRC became shit

dont forget better looking too