SHOP TRUCKS

Lately I've been thinking of getting a "shop truck" to help advertise my business.
I already have newer model truck, but I might as well get something that will attract potential customers while sitting outside a jobsite.

The only requirements are;
- Has to be older than 1985, but preferably even older
- Needs to look distinctive enough to stand out
- Has to be capable of carrying around 1500kg/3300lbs
- Bed size doesn't really matter, but preferably in the 8 foot area.
- Located in EU, but willing to import from the US or rest of Europe.

67-72 chevy and old power wagons are my favorite

I love the powerwagons but I think they're out of my price range.

And the squarebodies may be too light weight to carry heavy loads.
If it is to be a light truck, it has to be a dually.

I was previously looking at Russian ZIL trucks but I think they're too low geared and not practical for daily use.

Do you have any idea how huge these things are?

Yes. But I have no idea how they drive.

It will be converted into a flatbed. And I will bob the chassis too if need be.

Buy my truck

>2500€
>21k km

What's the catch? Not running?

Dually Hilux. Dunno how common they are in Europe, but they sure do stand out in the US.

Actually that looks exactly like what OP wants. It doesn't look rotted, any rust there is is purely cosmetic patina, and it has a nice rat-rod look to it that'll draw attention.

that thing is sweet
who wouldnt want it?

is that a photoshop?

No, they actually look like that. I thought it was some sort of strange custom conversion the first time I saw one.

I believe its a German fire engine.
They all have low miles and are were immaculately maintained.

French if anything.

Buy a 67-72 C10 or GMC. The most widely loved yet good riding vintage truck. Huge production numbers so they're common and have a big aftermarket.

Just buy one that has a decent body. Rocker panels and cab corners tended to rot on these trucks.

Doesn't look classic, just looks old.

Well late 60s, early 70s C10s are basically the definition of a classic truck body style.

Anything older will have issues towing what OP wants in a half ton model, ride really rough without modification, have little for parts (especially in the EU) and be much harder to find.

Alternatively, if you prefer the style of Ford or Dodge trucks those are available as well. Usually a bit more affordable but with less of an aftermarket.

I would for sure suck a dick for that

I used to have the 4 door version.

They are very light weight.
Not what you'd call a heavy duty truck.

Tell me about it and maybe I will.
Pic related is rated for 1250kg.
Seems to be quite a lot, even when compared to bigger trucks.

Well, they're still rated for a 2500+ lb payload. How much are you going to be hauling?

At least 1250kg/3300lbs in the bed.

No trailer, as I have nowhere to park safely overnight.