What was your worst mistake? Buyers Remorse thread

>buy MR2 AW11 because Veeky Forums and Reddit Fur Reviews told me to
>don't expect it to be a pain in the ass because it's a RWD Corolla with very low mileage on it
>enjoy it for a little over a month, best car I've ever driven, great visibility/sound/steering/looks/feels, want to drive this to the grave
>actually start to think about how owning it will complicate my life
>realize this will massively complicate my life in the near future (because military goyim) and that I shouldn't have fallen for the classic car meme
>try to sell it
>get over a dozen offers in a short amount of time, but all of the people with good offers either waste my time and back out because of stupid reasons (old with bad back, no garage space, etc) or are 2+ hours away which complicates things
>eventually settle on a buyer, not as much as I was hoping for but want to get rid of this thing before my more people waste my time, get safety done for him, not worried because it passed safety a month ago with no issues
>but safety inspections just got harder because I live in piece-of-shit Onterrible
>belts shifted inside tires causing uneven wear, and there is a rust spot under rocker panel, so it fails
>have to waste money on new set of tires, can't get it to auto body in time because I've been sent to do taskings 3 hours away
>give friend my keys so he can handle the repairs and re-inspection for me, have to coordinate him over the phone
>mechanic can't just fix the right side as he's told, he has to pull off the other side skirt and inspect that too
>rusted to shit under there too, now have to pay to get both sides fixed if I want to pass safety
>so fucking annoyed with this fucking sale that I'm ready to roll an otherwise mint AW11 into a scrap yard and accept that I made a 6000$ mistake I'll never make again

Fuck old cars, normies were right, I'm only getting cars made in the last 15 years from now on

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cqhLO3SRyXU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

my biggest mistake wasnt really a purchase because it was a gift but i really shoulda gave away or traded in my grandfathers car that he gave me, it cost me so much money in repairs

Thats why you have a daily driver

I do now, I bought a Fiesta ST. Slightly less fun, better in every other possible metric. Can't own 2 cars though, so I just want it gone.

The new laws in Ontario are absolute shit and are a way for autoshops and the government to circlejerk and bend over car owners for the maximum amount of money. Stupid little faggot garage apprentices get to nitpick every little thing on your car.

Thank your provincial Libcuck government. They're keeping the roads safe!!

how did it pass a safety inspection when you bought it if it was that rusty and defective?

>roll an otherwise mint AW11 into a scrap yard
>rusted to shit rockers

Yeah im pretty sure you're just really stupid or lying.

>not inspecting a car for rust before you buy
You deserve this

>car complicating your life.

No it doesn't. Keep it after repairs are done and be happy with an awesome car. Buy a beater civic as a daily if you need to

should have bought a fiero

sounds like you more fell for the JDM meme, friend

>JDM

>>rusted to shit

Wrong wording I guess.

Supposedly it's as bad as the other side, which has a dime-sized hole of rust under the rocker panel, though the top side of the panel is solid. I can't actually see what the rust looks like because I'm not physically there.

I'm not going to unscrew the side skirts just to inspect for rust, especially if it had to pass a thorough safety inspection just to be sold.

>6000$ mistake
Are you saying you paid $6000 for a rusty AW11 or that the mechanic told you its going to cost $6000 to fix?

Use the magnet trick if it's somewhere you can't see.

>should have bought a fiero
Yes he should have bought a GM money pit. Nice advice user.

>you should buy this Jap money pit over this American money pit, so much bettar Nippon banzai
This is you

Sounds like your own fault for buying a 80s car and expecting it not to have any rust or need and special treatment. MR2's make good daily drivers if you look after them.

>this is what GM cucks want you to believe
lol

Truth hurts huh, Toyotot

>buy car
>realize just now it's too impractical
>blame the car

I knew it has rust. I expected that it wouldn't be enough rust to be an issue since it just passed safety, which are supposed to be tough here.

Here is the hole

Where exactly is the issue? Paint a body guy here. Can't see shit. Is it that pinhole thing? You're getting fucked regardless as nothing there is remotely relevant to the integrity or safety of the vehicle.

That black shit is undercoating. Not rust.

It's hard to see in the picture, but you can definitely feel it. It's not much, and it's not effecting vehicle safety in any way, but that's how this stupid shitty province works.

Honestly, I'm thinking of just cancelling the repair and sale, throwing it on jacks, putting a cover on it, and waiting to get posted back at the base where it's parked. Then I'll have a year to fix it up nice and take my time selling it.

>people actually defend the fiero

You seem like a retard. I hope you enjoy sucking cock in the army.

Yeah I'd kill for a decent AW11 and also would not blame the car for the shit situation I put myself in. Durr army.

Way to go fag, if you scrap it I hope the regret haunts you til your dying breath.

I'm an Ontario-user that asked you like a week ago if it was for sale and you said it was pending

Whats the deal? Selling it as-is where is? Gimme a number

It's a shame you have to get rid of it, finding them in great/excellent condition is very hard to find, especially in Canadian weather.

The new regulations are kind of a pain too. Luckily I ended up selling my red one to someone who was content enough to buy it without a safety test.

Kijiji sales will probably take a massive hit because of it too unfortunately.

>it's hard finding them in great condition, especially in Canadian weather

Yep. For every offer I've gotten, I've asked if they planned to drive it in the winter. If they say yes, I turn it down, because I don't want it turned into a rolling block of swiss cheese.

>army

Fuck that shit, I don't want to get my ass rammed daily for missing a hair on my chin. Chair Force is chill, more than any civvy job I've had, I love it.

Sorry for the butthurt post, I've had a shitty day. I wouldn't actually scrap any car that had value left in it.

the wheels on the white car are so ugly my god

the stock triangles look so much better

or you could go with literally any other retro japanese wheel

The Fiero in the last stages was decent. Still had a stigma to it though.

>the wheels on the white car are so ugly my god
Disagree completely, it matches the panda scheme really well.

i like those wheels tb.h fampai theyre 80s momos

it doesn't though

those are the same ugly wheels some user has on his red aw11 with fake trd badges

did you just photoshop them on or photoshop your car's paint?

the chances of that ugly wheel being on 2 aw11s is highly improbable lol

Sorry friendo I like them.

thats a hot opinion sensei im sure that guy is really owned over your shit taste in wheelies

I mean, unexpected things can happen to you that you haven't planned for. I had to sell my 350Z because moving to another country with it would be a hassle. I'm not from where OP lives and we don't have a strict safety inspections code.

>t. bus rider

>rust
If I remmeber this thread tomorrow and if its still up ill show ou real rust. federal 280z here.FUCK U CAPHCHSa

Fuck that looks clean as tits.

Who doesn't expect going to the army?

real rust?

more real rust?

last more rust

>go to a criaglist ad for an advertised "showroom quality" MR2
>rear fenders rusted to shit, underbody could basically be scraped off with chisel

>mfw
youtube.com/watch?v=cqhLO3SRyXU

Damn I never knew there was a Panda AW11 colorscheme. I have seen the White/Gray scheme though.

Wheels are very subjective my man. Then again this is Veeky Forums so this behavior is expected.

Pic related, wheels that I like.

nobody gives a shit you cuckold faggot

all of you are hugboxing losers lol

kill yourselves you literal cucks

you all have shit taste in wheels you should all group suicide

>Buy a nice car
>Have fun with it
>Sell it because ??????????
>Complain when you have to sell it

wow dude the cars so shit

This nigga right here.

>having a meltdown because you tried to shit on some wheels you didnt like and everyone in turn shat on you
>proceed to spew every buzzword under the sun in retaliation

Is there really no way to sell it as-is, bill of sale only? You can't buy a car that doesn't run in Cancuckada?

lol

My AW11 is my daily driver. OP got a lemon.

I think the big thing is that OP overpaid. I bought an 86 AW11 for $1000 in berta'. It runs and drives, just needs new quarter panels. MR2's are known to rust, its a shame you live in ontaricuck with BS safety inspections. These cars are bulletproof if you treat them right

1k for an MR2 means its rusted to fuck and back unless you walked away with a steal

You failed inspection because of a rust spot?

What the fuck, Canadia?

Guess it depends on your luck. I daily drive a 1986 AE82 FX GT and it passed registration inspection in NSW, Australia with no issue.

Wow you sound like a fucking cucktbhfam.

Wire brush the rust off and use chassis saver from Magnet paint co on Amazon. You will probably have to use a wire wheel on a drill (don't use a grinder if you've never done rust repair) to knock the shit off the diff bracket as it looks to be the most severe.

Nothing there is out of line for the cars age and I highly doubt you'll have anything structural once you get the surface corrosion off.

That's what old cars look like. People just get scared because they don't really deal with them on a daily basis.

Seems obvious but in case you don't know the two holes are for draining/access ( no MR2 experience so I couldn't tell you which). The rust didn't cause them.

Don't just slather rustoleum on it like a poorfag as it'll just trap moisture and rust it out more. You have to get to bare metal. Use 180grit sandpaper after the wire wheel to help adhesion if you absolutely want to do it properly. You can also prime after sanding too before going with the chassis paint but be careful as primer will retain moisture so it does need to be followed up with the chassis paint.

literally the only reason this car became an issue for you is because you psyched yourself out when it wasn't really causing any problems for you to begin with

you fucked yourself, the car did nothing to you

>best car I've ever driven, great visibility/sound/steering/looks/feels, want to drive this to the grave
>I'm ready to roll an otherwise mint AW11 into a scrap yard and accept that I made a 6000$ mistake I'll never make again

So basically this is just the story of how OP is a shitty person living in a shitty place with shitty laws. An actual enthusiast living in an actual auto-friendly area can read this post and still have every reason to want an MR2.

Not for $6000 though Jesus tapdancing Christ.

You forgot maple bucks.

That's still like %4500+ right? Memecars should be bought ~$1000 unless someone really really knows what they're doing.

AW11s bought at 1k will be fucking trash beaters with tons of rust. You have to spend more for a good example.

Paid 650 for mine. Running and not a spot of rust on it. Arizona kicks ass.

when i was 16 my folks gave me the option of having my mom's old car, which i said no to. however, it was a dodge dart swinger with a v8. what the hell was i thinking?

You don't have rust tax

And i thought having to get my car smogged was bad.