I don't have high hopes for the future of the auto industry

I don't have high hopes for the future of the auto industry
>Less and less customisability from the factory, everything is determined by trim levels
>Retardedly high future environmental standards mean cutting weight for fuel economy, but higher future safety standards add weight at the same time and up the cost
> Lack of aftermarket upgrades
>Pontiac is kill, along with Utility coupes
>Assloads of extra computers that can't be replaced by the aftermarket, complete with problem-causing electric gremlins
>Retarded GM execs think that nobody actually gives a shit and that bland, disposable transportation is the way of the future

>Inb4 buy used
Supply and demand. Since manufacturers stopped making affordable, modular cars like they used to, you now have a demand and a supply that can only go down.

I JUST WANT A SIMPLE, NO-BULLSHIT CAR WITH A HOT ENGINE, IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?

Yes, because as soon as you guys are shown one, you throw a temper tantrum.

>blames gm for a Chrysler problem
Typical Veeky Forums

What you want exists, and is fairly common and affordable. They are basicly the same car, just one is fifty years newer, and as fun to drive, in a different way.

>see the gt86,3.8 genesis, any quick FWD car other than the FiST,Hellcat twins everytime an "enthusiast" car comes out Veeky Forums goes out of it's way to shit on it

What a fat pig.

>I want a garbage muscle shit

gross

how dare those companies make good cars these days!

>I JUST WANT A SIMPLE, NO-BULLSHIT CAR WITH A HOT ENGINE, IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?
Buy a Scion FR-S, toss the boxer engine into a scrap heap where it belongs, and replace it with an engine of your choice. Congrats you have what you want.

>I JUST WANT A SIMPLE, NO-BULLSHIT CAR WITH A HOT ENGINE, IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?
Base model Mustang GT, Challenger R/T exist. What you really mean is : I'M AN IMPOVRISHED FAGGOT, WHY CAN'T I BUY A HELLCAT FOR 3K LIKE MUH GRAND PAPPY?

Protip. Muscle a shit and he couldn't buy one either. 4k on a SS was a fuckton of money back then. 99% of boomers were today's ricers who stuck pepboyz shit on their base six cylinder shitheaps.

Their memories literally never happened. It's just cultural appropriation by boomers yet again. Just like classic rock. Fuck off, you weren't chad with a Hemi Cuda back in high school and the 70s/80s rock shit weren't your generations music. Stick to shitty wagons and bop shit like you were born with.

>shitty wagons
But user, nobody sells station wagons in burgerland anymore.

you're mum is fat pig

Don't remind me. Fucking crossovers and SUVs are cancer.

But Muh Aftermarket...

We've got the only one that matters.

They're fine for most families and are essentially wagons anyway.

>Jap Crap
>Any Year

Meanwhile, the Yuropoors get Cruze wagons, and Holden FR V8 is kill, forever destroying our chances of a new El Camino.

>Protip. Muscle a shit and he couldn't buy one either. 4k on a SS was a fuckton of money back then. 99% of boomers were today's ricers who stuck pepboyz shit on their base six cylinder shitheaps.

Citation needed.

My dad's first car was a used 1969 V8 Camaro (originally owned by his father), but he wasn't rich by any means, and it wasn't a rusted-out POS either.

your dad isnt a boomer

plenty of cheap used up muscle by the mid 70s

V8 Camaro means fuck all when it could be something like a 307 any way

I wonder if people realize that in 7 years the current Mustangs, Challengers, etc will be considered "cheap muscle"

Millennials who masturbate to an era they were never a part of spurred on by boomers sitting around their life savings at a car show reliving things that never happened? Probably not.

Normies? Yes.

youd think so

things have been the same since forever

when muscle cars were huge many were building Tri-Fives VWs and other generic shitboxes the way we do Foxbodies and Hondas now

no your gramps probably couldnt have bought a LS6 454 Chevelle working over summer but he couldve put together a fun 283-327 Chevy in a 50s shell

>Muh V8

Wow. Could be anything from a shit tier economy model to a handbuilt all aluminum race motor that you couldn't even buy unless you were a richfag with a factory contact or sponsored.

Just imagine your mom's CUV with a snowflake brapbrap noisemaker in the front that barely makes power, breaks constantly, and makes less power than dad's F150. Damn near identical experience only you'll out handle and out brake anything Detroit could have dreamed of producing.

I suppose. "Born in the wrong generation" mindset is what's holding evolutuon. Everyone wants to go back to the "good old days" instead of making their own good old days.

Exactly. Too many people have this weird hindsight that completely ignores timespans and all the cheap but moddable cars of the previous eras.

Last gen muscle cars are considered cheap muscle today. It makes perfect sense that current muscle will the same thing during the next gen.

>Last gen muscle cars are considered cheap muscle today.
*let me fix this just a bit, last gen isn't really "cheap" it's just affordable. Fourth gen is cheap.

bampuru

>"Born in the wrong generation" mindset is what's holding evolutuon. Everyone wants to go back to the "good old days" instead of making their own good old days.
Maybe we would, if not for increasingly stringent environmental standards that dictate that all cars must become more and more aerodynamically clean instead of stylish.