Cars that make you want a new car

ITT post cars that make you want to buy a brand new car.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gHT-mLIFe58
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not brand new, but new enough for me. A modern day Beat is all I want in my life.

>a/c controlled by a touchscreen
>no option for even split rear seats
>rear windows don't open
>rubber coating that doesn't reach edges of rear doors and gives it no protection from your own stupid children buping other cars
Sorry you've been fooled by any of those marketing bullshit

>cars that make you want to buy a brand new car
I am confused. RX7 makes me want to buy an RX7?

>these tiny details ruin the entire car

I was going to buy a Cactus but it's only able to do 160 km/h so fuck that. Got a C5 instead.

Pic related looks absolutely wack though.

Indeed
I drive Twingo so I have high standards about visual design merging with functional engineering. In case of Cactus these two are apparently avoiding each other.

Dat ass

>rear windows don't open
What the fuck, how is this acceptable in a 5-door car in 2016?
How is A/C being controlled by a touchscreen and inability to open rear windows a tiny detail?
Controlling audio system by a touchscreen is frustrating as fuck already, I can't imagine how terrible it must be to be forced to the the same with A/C.

>all cars should be entirely functional at the cost of design

The cactus, like all of the forward thinking citroens is forward thinking in design at the cost of some functionality.

it's a 5-door hatchback, it's supposed to be functional an practical

>rear windows not opening

they extend outwards. It's a necessary evil though since otherwise the rear windows would be tiny. Welcome to the ridiculous new age of automotive regulation. You can't really win. There's no strength if you have thin pillars and big windows that can open, and strength is regulated in so you have to choose between windows that can open and big windows.

With AC the obvious choice is the latter.

>all of citroen's 'exciting' designs have been practical

Dude have you ever driven a Cucktus?

These minor flaws are nothing compared to the absolute shit tier engines and gearboxes they put in it. The three banger is absolute shit, noisy, unbalanced and has a hilariously short powerband. The diesel is alright, but only if you're fucking deaf since Citroen forgot any form of soundproofing. Don't even get me started on the """automatic""" transmission. You'll want to drive the Cactus off a cliff.

Too bad since otherwise it's a fun little car.

Fucking ugly ass car.

i too am erect

Timeless design.

I bet you like the new honda civic aswell

>automotive regulation
and there's this guy
and now, he'll tell us how sizeof logo on the front grille is connected with pedestrian safety regulations

Notice how new Merks don't have tristar figure on the top of the grille, it's actually because of safety regulations, and somehwat design. Also I must say that rear windows that don't open are pretty practical for people with children. No need to worry about little monsters opening windows. Yes I know thtat there is usually lock button, but at least it's same for adults traveling in the rear, who you don't have courtesy of telling them Not to open window
>my grandmother, thou she drives woth me on the rear seat only few times a year, luckily.

Pretty sure it's because of the wheel well. They could open downwards but they wouldn't fully slide down... Which isn't that unusual on 5 door cars.
It's just a matter of cutting costs, nothing else.

The Cactus itself is supposed to be a low cost option.
Citroen seems to be going down the hill while they just focus on developing nice designs for the DS line.
Peugeot on the other hand is upping their game.

This. I don't want to like it but it's so damn sexy.

>picrel
also
>lack of something is pretty practical
10/10

youtube.com/watch?v=gHT-mLIFe58

disgusting

you're a fuccboi aren't you?

I'm not, why is it important for you? Are you loking fora gay friend on Veeky Forums ? YOu've got dedicated board for this.

I like this model, because it's not very big, it's a sedan, has power and unlike american cars it can put this power on the road.

yyyyyep