MUH DIKKKK

MUH DIKKKK

motoring.com.au/mazda-rx-9-locked-in-103563/

Other urls found in this thread:

lrnc.cc/_ct/16987892)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What did he mean by this?

With all these name plate revivals I almost feel like we're in another motoring golden age.

Then I saw the rumored price tag (100k) and realised we aren't

They fucking did it.

Looks like the RX-7 from behind.

>diesel-style HCCI compression ignition
Dem dorito seals be like "no."

>and for the first time will incorporate turbocharging

Mate what?

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

>400hp
>Under 1300 kg

This ought to be a quick vehicle.

Those 100k aren't even USD

BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BA-RAP BA-RAP BA-RAP BA-RAP BA-RAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP

>that front end

That's fucking awful.

Blame USA and EU safety regulations.

Atleast its better than lexus. It's clean, just pedestrian safety requires flat fronts, and softly sloped hoods,

Goddamn that's ugly as FUCK

>blaming everything you don't like on safety and regulation

It's just an ugly car.

BULLSHIT

YES YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Where were you when Mazda saved the automobile???

Believe it when I see it.

You cannot make a rotary engine meet current let alone future emissions and mpg requirements.

The technology will not allow it, unless it's superfucked with a 12speed dct tranny and hybrid assist. Then you might see 30mpg on the highway. Maybe.

>we're in another motoring golden age.
i literally jej'd irl

All they're doing is taking names from cars that were good ad throwing them on cookie-cutter soap bars.

Fake

Pls be real

If it's real, it's what I'm going to save up for in 8 years

MAZDA THEMSELVES HAVE SAID THEY'RE NOT WORKING ON A NEW RX RIGHT NOW. STOP FAPPING OVER RENDERS

>Fitted with a leather-lined interior and all of Mazda’s latest safety and convenience technologies

fucking dropped.

With a car that probably costs 200 USD and is still slower than a mustang GT500?

>Being this dumb

Having such high front ends on normal production cars is a direct result of pedestrian safety regs and the required higher beltlines for side collisions

>>Reddit

In my 2013 V8 BMW

That's in dollarydoos. So more like 75K USD. Probably even less because we have a LCT fucking us over to the tune of 33%, which this could easily fall under as an imported sports car.

Americans might be able to buy this brand new for 55K.

This

>adding weight in a manual sports car

That's absolutely no excuse. Corvettes/911s get low as fuck at the front end and yet they pass all the regulations handily. Stop trying to fit in by talking about shit you don't know anything about.

well thats an ugly sum bitch

good thing its only a render

>i-it will never happen!!!

americucks on sucide watch!

>1 LITER DIESEL PUNTO

lmao

>implying amerifats don't want this too

If they're smart they'll release a few sports trims with wankels and then a long distance tourer trim or two set up for comfort with extra amenities and the Ford V6 out of the Mazda6 and CX-9.

>80k usd for rx-9
>2020
>I save around 24k a year assuming i keep my job
>Will have saved 96k by the time it comes out
>been driving bone stock miat for close to 7 years now and would rather eat a shoe than continue dailying it.

god damnit Veeky Forums wat do

What do you think the R in RX stands for?

retard

just buy something used that doesnt lose a brazilion doll hairs till 2020 you fucking weeb

>and for the first time will incorporate turbocharging with diesel-style HCCI compression ignition.

>I bought a new car in 2016 on a 6 year finance plan

Oops

Whatever, I'll pick up a late year model in 2024/25 or something. Will prolly be making 70k a year by then

The 16K change could probably buy you a ncie FD or S2k, both of which would appreciate untill you sold them in 2020.

Racism. And as we all know, racism is power. And the RX is the ultimate most racist car.

/pol/ can't even afford RX-7's lel

>Atleast its better than lexus.
Jesus user, what isn't? I swear Toyota's design department was drunk when they thought this was a good for a luxury vehicle.

>you will never be this autistic

it's still gonna be only 2800lbs or so
not that bad if you ask me

does the front-end really look that high to you?
the perspective makes it look high, but it's hardly any higher than the front-wheels.

i think it looks kind of like the sls amg / amg gt with that taken into account

It really isn't that high. It clearly slopes down too.

All cars don't have to meet regs. Fleet average is the measurement.

>tourer
>v6

That's more retarded than dd a rotary.

Why don't manufacturers flood their fleet with geo metros and then make whatever cars they want

look up the aston martin cygnus - now you know why it existed.

Because fleet average is deteminder by amount of cars SOLD.

Without fraud. Looking at you, FCA.

The lights do, but that fucking triangle light in the center mimics the Toyobaru too much imo, and looks unneccessary.

The hhr and pt cruiser were made to up the truck fleet average for gm and chrysler, by govt definition anything with a flat cargo floor is a truck. So wagons and minivans. Interestingly enough this is also why minivans had terrible rollover ratings back in the day, because the roof crush standards were lower for trucks and thus lower for minivans.

>mpg
>requirements

are you shitting me? these are real?

Yes. Iirc, CAFE Or something demands the US car fleet average to be 50-something MPG by 2024 or something. Look it up.

gee I can't wait for every sports car to be a turbo V4 with toggleable hybrid assist

>V4
I4.
>toggleable
As if. Either mandatory all-the-time hybrid, or full electric.

If you like a gay car maybe you would want to check the counterpart s2000. It would also go up in price, meaning you could get more back asuming the meme is real

Maybe they created the new engine standard. Maybe it is so fucking powerful yet uses next to no fuel while being supreme reliable.
You all would apologize.

It's only $10k more than the FD was when it released in 1994 (adjusted for inflation), which makes sense considering how much they had to put into the development of a car like this and the modern market they're trying to compete with.

looks like a thicc MB SL mixed with their CX and miatas front end

It doesn't have to be mandatory as long as it somehow gets that mileage. I'd actually expect it on a hobby/sport-oriented model if the hybrid assist was there solely to reduce fuel consumption while cruising and could not and did not improve overall performance.

People can voluntarily drive their cars in a fuel inefficient fashion

>guys 40mpg! so modern!
>paddle shifters
>never drop below 4k
>upshift at redline
>20mpg

Mazda thank you best

Yes, but you can't cheat on mpg or emissions anymore since so many people got cockslapped.

A Mazda Rx8 gets around 13mpg in town. I owned two. You are going to have to have everything else in your lineup punching out north of 40 to balance that.

And thats not even taking into account the fact that they are fucking pig dirty, require cats that invariably plug up due to oil burning and THEN cause seals to fail due to pressure buildup.

Yeah. I'm really expecting this to be a giant nothingburger, but it gets people talking about Mazda again....

They look pretty good IRL though

That's only for CAFE dummy. For everything else (e.g. safety, emissions, etc.), each car has to meet federal standards.

>still slower than a mustang GT500

Really now? I doubt it will be quicker than the base 5.0 GT, this is Mazda we are talking about, but weeabos will find a way to defend it.

>weighs 1000lbs less
>has 400hp
Im sure itll be fine

>I'm sure it will be fine
>Mazda

Pick one.

I wonder if it's a hybrid

When had mazda not been great?

Since the Miata became a car for """""men""""" to drive. Seriously

>driving a Miata
>not being a vagina
Pick one senpai

>those headlights
Every damn time

Oh i see. Youre just insecure.
But really the mx5 is a great car.
>most raced car on any given day.

>he drives a secretary car
>thinks he is a man
Lel

>doesn't drive a car at all
>thinks his opinion matters to people on an anonymous slap stick comedy alaskan fishing forum

I sold mine a while back.
But i have self confidence and am not insecure. So it wasnt an issue for me.

it could have been so good

Thank God that's a render, that front design needs to be fixed.

Can confirm, every Mazda comes with a copy of Mein Kampf and a Mauser C96.

That looks fucking terrible
>obsessing about masculinity
>being a man
You have a lot to learn; being an insecure bitchboy who just parrots facebook memes is not being a man

I love it desu

Plz go for a honeycomb grille with no edgy race inspired cosmetic enhancements on the side

The lip is nice tho

it's a render

it ain't real

Mazda is going full performance mode in 2020/2021
They've apparently been working on "cheap carbon fiber" which they want to implement into their next generation of vehicles. Mazdaspeed's coming back in 2021. Now rx-9 set to release in 2020
Hail your automotive gods

Also that render looks like ass and I doubt it'll look like that. Remember when they said the ND would look like this since as if it'd share the same design language as their econoshitboxes? Yea nah, if anything it'll probably share the same design language as the ND.

That's why I'm excited as hell for the new RX-9. I saw the new Miata in person and it's absolutely fucking perfect. If the RX-9 is just an ND with more E-type like proportions I'm gonna have to seriously start saving up to get one of these on the used market.

Well Felix Wankel was a known NSDAP supporter.

looks like a really ugly rape baby from a Corvette and AMG GT.

This look far more better than horrible angry teen car

it looks more like an angry puppy

It has aggressive headlights but thats as far as it goes really. Look at that fucking grin, it's not angry its smug as fuck

Fuck you, dude. The new Miata is perfect. See it in person, it's a mischievous and coquettish grin, not anger.

It costs only about 70000 freedom bux,

Honestly the way the hood bulged immediately from the front with the wide positioned headlights reminds me more of the new Mustang than anything.

> X looks like Y

kek you're right

Unfortunately, the renders aren't from Mazda themselves.

The japanese source site (lrnc.cc/_ct/16987892) just states that the board of directors have formally approved the SKYACTIVE-R in a sports car.

Everything else is just regurgitated information/rumors based off what Mazda has already publicly announced.

>the mazda logo is literally a mix of the Merc and Chevy logo
mind = blown