Which is the most American?

Which is the most American?

Other urls found in this thread:

usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2016/06/29/survey-top-made--usa-cars-toyota-honda/86510052/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

GM since it's government owned. Ford is too international now, Dodge is owned by italians.

Pic related

>GM since it's government owned.
The government sold their GM shares well over a year (or 2) ago. They have no say in GM board meetings anymore, only in enforcing laws that affects all automakers.

Ford is the only one still making pickups in Murica

This, plus Ford and Tesla are the only ones that didn't take a bailout

Ford had to gamble the company's future to avoid needing a bailout BEFORE both the economy tanking and everyone else needing a bailout. Ford almost went under in 2006 because it was so badly run. Fuck off Ford fag

That's not true. Both GM & Ram have American made trucks depending on what configuration they are.

I believe Chrysler still makes them in Illinois, in 2008 they shut down the Newark assembly where my Dad worked, he had the option to go out to Illinois or take a severance. Fuck Damnliar.

1500s are built in Warren depending on options. IE: All regular cabs are Saltillo, Mexico. 2500/3500 trucks are also all Mexican from what I've seen.

For GM their Crew Cab 1500 is all Mexican while their double cab is made in the US. The 2500/3500s are all American.

It varies a lot to be honest. The best bet is to just check the vin number or mfg sticker on the door if it matters to you.

Doesn't change the fact that they were able to save themselves.

tl:dr they saw the writing on the wall and played to win, rather than waiting for the government to bail them out of their shitty situation.

>completely ignores the fact they almost died before everyone else
>they saw it coming
No they didn't. They saw bankruptcy in 6 months and panicked.

I'll never get this argument. I'm not a huge Ford supporter, but essentially your saying they played their cards smart and were able to save themselves, where GM and Chrysler would have gone under if not for Obama.

anf Ford would have gone under in the aftermath. Ford SUPPORTED the bailouts because if GM and Chrysler died, it didn't matter how well Ford managed their money, they'd go down with the ship as well.

If GM and Chrysler completely died, ALOT of other companies would have as well, not just Ford. It would have had unbelievably economic repercussions.

The world is a better place without Chrysler, they're reporting fake numbers for units sold and their cars are still shit.

Sure, maybe. But this is all a theory. What happened with the bailout is horse shit.
>but think of the jobs!!!

New companies would have come in and replaced them. Simple as that.

The challenger hellcat is the most American car. Who the hell needs 700hp?

I'd love to own the burnout god.
>I'd buy cheap used tires to DD with so I wouldn't feel bad about lighting them up

People will assemble in America, but the majority of the parts come from elsewhere so they can still sell cars at a profit without charging $100k for an econobox

Toyota Camry

usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2016/06/29/survey-top-made--usa-cars-toyota-honda/86510052/

GM because they're the most sleazy and lazy of them all. Chrysler just suck honestly and Ford actually make decent cars.

>New companies would have come in and replaced them. Simple as that.
No it isn't. Look at what happened to Britain's car industry. Oh wait, they don't have one anymore. Mini, Rolls Royce, and Bentley are German, Lotus is Malaysian, Range Rover, and Jaguar are Indian, Rover and MG are now Chinese. None of their products are developed for their home markets anymore and most, if not all, the engineering work is done overseas.
They have assembly plants but car companies are much more than just assembly plants.

Ford is America at its best, Dodge is America at its worst, and Chevy is America at its most mediocre.

>Ford is Europe at its best, Dodge is Europe at its worst, and Chevy is everyone working together for a mediocre product
FTFY!

chevy

99% of the time i pass someone in a chevy theyre a hick / white trash

Only one answer.

GM actively tries to stop competition. Look at Tesla and GM.

GM is a trash company and should've never been bailed out. If investor's thought it was a good company they could've saved it.

I was against the bailout and I'm still against it. Especially since GM laughed at us the entire time after receiving a bailout.

>I was against the bailout and I'm still against it.
Found the Trump supporter.

ouch, the edge.

This is half true.

Ford was stumbling, but almost by mistake, one of their people had a feeling the economy would tank and deal the death blow.

So in order to prevent this, Ford hired a bunch of people and shuffled even more around, and they looked at every single piece of property they owned and how much money it contributed to FMC. To that end, Ford sold off everything from empty land to scrap yards, along with several brands and other things. Once the culling was over, it was basically Ford and Lincoln left, Lincoln surviving solely to be a luxury brand.

But that still wasn't enough. Ford then went to the Government and asked for $25 million in loans just prior to the economy shoving a dragon dildo up its ass. This move effectively saved FMC from having to take a "bailout", despite the fact that it saved the company from having to shutter. Had the $25 mill not been enough, it would have been all over for them, there's no way the Government would give them any more money at that point.

Out of the Big 3, FMC is also the only company to still owe the US Government money.

And still didn't tank or take money.
Whats your point gm/chrysler shill?

Ford is half Europen, Dodge is owned by Italians, so GM.

That said, Dodge has the most American owners.

Toyota
/thread

Ford should've just waited and took TARP tax free money as GM did.

Aston Martin and McLaren.

Don't know., but to be real american it has to be big, loud, ugly, heavy and thirsty. Bonus points if it doesn't turn and has a cheap interior.

Another master piece by Chip Foose.

Shitbox if you ask me. But I guess it's a thing only burgers understand pretty much like crapping your pants in stores.

Actually the mail reason that Ford didn't need to take the bailout is because they bought out the pensions of a number of their employees.

screw you.
i'd rather fuck that car up the tailpipe than even look at your mom's vagina. Your father should've done the same, but he was drunk and didn't see the difference.

Tesla

t. bussrider

i's still obama motors along with chrysler. who needs to make good cars when you can go to the government?

None of those stupid companies.

We used to be world class.