Wagons not sold in the US

Wagons not sold in the US
>Mazda 6
>Fusion/Mondeo
>Chevy Cruze
>Focus ST
>Subaru Legacy

Why hasn't any manufacturer tried to sell non-luxury wagons in the US, especially with vehicles that are already road legal here?

I mean the biggest problem would be the engines or emission because in theory the Mondeo preforms the same way in a crash as the Fusion.

They could just build all the frames and panels in Germany or where ever, ship them over here, or more likely Canada, and build them with the US engines and exhausts.

People prefer sedans. I've seen many more sedan fiestas even though they're much uglier.

We already have crossovers, minivans, and SUVs. The last true fullsize wagons died out in 91 for Ford and 96 for GM.

This. Also Americans who want more space in their vehicles will just buy crossovers or SUVs and not even consider a wagon

No one in America likes wagons.
Gotta have that high driving position for your wife's son'a mother.

Trucks/SUVs are dirt cheap if you need to haul shit and most Americans prefer sedans. Otherwise Subie wagons are really popular in the states, especially around more upper-class outdoorsy places.

>Why hasn't any manufacturer tried to sell non-luxury wagons in the US, especially with vehicles that are already road legal here?
This piece market for crossovers

Fuck, but why mondeo hatch not available? Stupid burgers. Mazda 6 wagon looking on 9999% than sedan

Buick Regal wagon with AWD and a 325 hp turbo V6, anyone?

>gm
Please, no. GM killing opel.

But hasn't the market of egg-uvs over taken sedans by a considerable margin.

They aren't that cheap, you can still find trucks and SUVs from 2003 with a justifiable asking price above 10k or even 20k.

>Why hasn't any manufacturer tried to sell non-luxury wagons in the US, especially with vehicles that are already road legal here?
Muh SUV market

and has longer wheelbase so it'smore roomy than sedan
#themoreyouknow

In the mainstream American market, a station wagon is just slightly less "lame" than a mini-van. Car manufacturers know to avoid the stigma at all costs- the shit won't sell, Americans are terrified of that "uncool" perception.

So they buy "SUVs" and "Crossovers" instead.

>and has longer wheelbase
Really? Noice

>tfw no Golf R wagon

Sad but true. How can burgers seriously think a crossover is cooler than something like this

>he doesn't know that there is literally zero difference between a wagon and a crossover

>Muricans don't even know about B-segment wagons

You're a fuckin retard if you think wagons and crossovers are the same thing.

>n-no its t-the same! Trust me

Because burgers like being higher up than anyone else and it creates an arms race. Everybody wants to see over traffic, so everyone has crossovers and bro trucks. And nobody can see anyway.

Wagons are just rare here in the us. I would love a nice wagon, too hard to find though.

>Wagons not sold in the US
>Ford Mondeo
>Versions of it's floorpan

fixed

They wouldn't sell.

Wagons were pushed out in the 80's by the rise of the minivan, which was pushed out by SUV's in the 90's/00's.

> tfw Australia only gets the pleb spec version and a limited run of the Wolfsburg wagons

we got the saab version

I want a wagon...

>sedan FIESTA

What the fuck America.

sub-compact wagons are so damn cool, needs to be a thing.