Why is subaru paint so notoriously bad?

Why is subaru paint so notoriously bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15578473/#q15578473
injury.findlaw.com/accident-injury-law/contributory-and-comparative-negligence.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

maybe don't let your girlfriend drive your car and it won't be an issue

>abloo bloo my paint is low quality because it scratched when I hit something

this op is a fucking tard

> Hit something
> Blame paint.

You shit posted this like a week ago too.

had a friend of mine hit a racoon 40mph with his 08+ lancer. front bumper, radiator, and passenger fog light all had to be replaced.
his words
"fuckin shitty mitsu quality, i hit a deer (juvenile doe) in my old truck (96 chevy pickup) and didn't have to fix shit! I should of bought a something more expensive!"

>tell him that he's comparing apple to oranges when it comes to his stock low slug plastic bumpered import and his high mounted steel bumpered truck
>he wholeheartedly believed that a lexus would of fared better in the same situation.

some people just don't want to take responsibility for their fuck up and feel better blaming other things

>Why is subaru paint so notoriously bad?
OP panicked last week about slightly scratching the bottom of his bumper by letting his pseudo-girlfriend drive his car. She's not a conventional girlfriend because she will not let him get intimate with her. But she will let him buy meals and gifts for her and to drive his car.

Various people posted detailed explanations on nicely fixing the problem with a minimum of cost and bother.

The subaru paint is not the problem. If anything subaru paint looks pretty durable when you scrape it on pavement.

>a tripfaggot with a name like mrcummy
>calling anyone else a tard
shiggy diggy lad

mate I scraped it gently, like my bollocks on your mums forehead, dont causes her harm, yes?

>letting his pseudo-girlfriend drive his car
what? you might be right about the other things but its official. even says so on facebook

stfu cuck, can't even drive a riced up imprezza.

You should have invested in a paint booth instead of a cuck shack.

kek

I can't tell if this thread is real or just memes.

cuck shed*** get your memes right

By the way I decided to check around for body shops. I googled some in my area but im not sure which one to go to. wat do?

Don't give a fuck about it. It's a Subaru, not a Purrari.

its a purrari to me

Looks like you scraped a curb

my garage

>y the way I decided to check around for body shops.
You should follow the toothpick advisors in that previous thread. It's also archived so go re-read it. I know the advice works since I also followed it to repair some rock chips in my car.

One of the advice posts in that thread (or a different one?) mentioned sweeping a paper towel across to draw off excess. That is genius (and cheap). It worked for me and after the touch up dried, it's really hard to tell from more than 1.5 feet away because of the shine from being waxed.

Is Ford paint good? I bought a Ferd without researching this. Kind of matters because I live in rust territory.

The paint on my 2015 Focus ST is garbage, I have more rock chips on my hood in 15k miles than my 2001 Hyundai with 260k miles does

Nothing about my name or tripcode invalidates my statement tho user, try harder next time.
The fact that I was a professional painter even reinforces my statement.

Before blaming your 2015 Focus paint over the 2001 Hyundai thin paint, there are other factors at work.

There's too many differences over time between 2001 to 2014 and from 2015 to now. Tire styles changed including tire treads and pressures. The newer tires have moved on to higher and higher pressure designs. Way back then 32 was the regular pressure of many tires, but now, tire pressures are 35. Tire styles such as "aquatread" have fallen out of favor along with the rise of tires having a lot of narrow cross-tread blocks that tend to throw up a lot of small rock debris.

My cars from back then didn't get mud flaps. My latest car gets flaps because I notice a lot more pinging of debris due to my grippy tire choice. Sure, tire technology has come a long ways and even fairly cheap tires have a lot more grip than "good" tires from 16 years ago. But the consequence is more debris is picked up and thrown to the car behind me due to my ultra grippy tire choice.

I still drive my Hyundai on weekends as a pizza delivery car, it gets around ~300 miles a week and around 100 of those are on the highway. Modern paint is garbage. Subaru paint is one of the worst offenders. I thought Ford had great paint but NOOOOOOOPE.

No major complaints with my 2000 ranger. It's a bit scuffed in places but it's a 16 year old truck, it happens.

>op hits comething
>gouges plastic bumper cover
>blames the paint on top of said bumper cover

modern paint is the hardest and most resilient it's ever been in automotive history

>Is paint good?

That kind of question will always have an answer from pretty much every consumer brand.

I always keep my car's nose waxed because having a little more slipperiness affects the way the impact either digs in firmly or slips a lot and only partially digs in.

>crash into something
>it scratches the paint
>HURR DURR PAINT BAD

>You should follow the toothpick advisors in that previous thread. It's also archived so go re-read it.
Also in the archive is me fucking up with the touchup paint.... the end product is horrible, is there any otherway to fix it other than a complete respray?

brake cleaner on a rag you insipid twit.

There are only a few different automotive paint suppliers for all car manufacturers, it's really all the same

>insipid
fucking hell mate, every cuck on this board has their own remedy for it, some were saying buff it out with wd 40 and now you're saying put brake fucking cleaner on it. I'm not a grease monkey, are you trolling me?

Please stop

WELL NO ONE's GIVING ME A STRAIGHT FUCKING ANSWER

wtf is wrong with you.

Git Gu Skrub.

>all that for a scratch
OP's life must be EXTREMELY difficult. Imagine this guy trying to file a tax return.

this lmao
OP is like that brony that went to mcdonalds and didn't get the pinkypie toy like he wanted so he made a huge deal about it, kek

Fucking hell cunt, you've been shitposting about your fucking scratched paint for weeks now in every thread.

1.) Go to subaru dealer
2.) ask for a touch up bottle of your cars paint code.
3.) attempt to fix it without scrubbing it up.

When you scrub it up

1.) go to multiple respray or panel shops
2.) get quotes
3.) haggle " other place offerd me xxx amount can you do better "
4.) refuse to let them replace the whole thing insist you only want a repair.

Now fuck off with your bullshit its not the cars fault you scratched it. Any other brand would have the same damage.

thanks a lot lad. This is the answer I've been looking for. My incessant shitposting has paid off.

No. I am in college and I would shitpost this (along with other stuff) in between study breaks to take the monotony out of STEM. nice try though

>WELL NO ONE's GIVING ME A STRAIGHT FUCKING ANSWER

Are you lying?

You received great usable answers in your previous thread about how to fix the paint scratches. One set of answers even spanned a bunch of posts because it was so long and detailed. That was from Veeky Forums autistic racequeen guy who seems to like responding to pleas for help in various threads.

Maybe your problem is in following directions? Only use a little, don't glop it on, or use sparingly? But you even admitted in one of your posts in the previous thread you glopped the paint on and let it dry before going back to the thread and complaining it didn't look good.

Since OP does have problems following directions, the reason why his "college girlfriend" never has sex with him is that he just glops it on? He misses the target? Oops, I missed again. No! That's the wrong hole! After 13 misses, his "girlfriend" gives up.

>This is the answer I've been looking for.

You said something similar to that in the previous thread you started. So you are not sincere with your statements.

Heres hoping the body shop doesnt fuck it up worse

You know what? There's no way it's worse than the paint on my FiST.

I bought the thing brand new and when I took delivery there was orange peel EVERYWHERE except the front doors and hood. 11k odo later and I've got probably 30 chips in the front fascia from small rocks. I don't even live in an area with dirt roads, I'm in fuckking San Diego. Shit is ridiculous.

>should of
>would of

This is why the rest of the world makes fun of us.

2layers to one of topcoat/clearcoat as opposed to 3

You're a fag

>Heres hoping the body shop doesnt fuck it up worse

To go to the body shop for something so minor seems a travesty. I went to look at the archived thread of OP's previous postings. That thread even has posts on how to correct from his glopping paint job. The posters in that thread bent over backwards to help OP.

>Tfw drive a car that was owned by a woman and maintained by her husband
>tfw all the "oops cant park lol" paint damage is still there

body shop eventually

Yes, but OP fucked up the paintjob.

This looks like a Satin finish on a PC-ABS plastic part.
My facility makes similar parts including parts for many companies
Satin is notoriously easy to fuck up but also just as easy to fix.
Chrome is hardier but harder to fix.

>I went to look at the archived thread of OP's previous postings
>Various people posted detailed explanations on nicely fixing the problem
>but OP fucked up the paintjob.

I got curious from people talking about it and looked up OP's archived paint scratch thread.

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15578473/#q15578473

Picture is of painted on racecar driver clothing. Apparently, the clothing was not painted on by someone like OP otherwise it would be blobby.

>Apparently, the clothing was not painted on by someone like OP otherwise it would be blobby.
delet this

Congratulations, you stooped to the same level as Alphonse. Here's a pic to accommodate being the king of verbally spamming hundreds of people.

>Buying a SHIT quality car.
>Complaining of quality issues.

git gud

>Why is my girlfriend so notoriously bad to my subaru paint?

It's not her car.

There is no penalty to her if it gets damaged.

In a "No Fault" state, since you gave her permission to drive without contract and were in the car with her, the legal responsibility for paying for damage repairs lies with you. In a "Fault" state, she did it, so she is the one responsible. In Fault states that use Pure Comparative Negligence, the amount of fault varies. If she claims you were distracting her and caused her to damage your car, then her fault is less than 100%. If you dispute that and there is no proof to prove either is correct or wrong, then it typically becomes 50% her fault and 50% your fault, thus no payment from her is made. This is why such states are full of bold liars in accidents. But if your dashcam microphone was on, it may help you.

If you use a body shop, the damage will appear on the car's damage history in various databases. Even if you pay cash out of pocket without involving the insurance company, the data will still go into the databases.

Insurance companies look at databases to determine how risky the driver and car are. New accident info is used to calculate rates. So, if you use a body shop, you will in essence have paid for your girlfriend's insurance rate hike in a virtual sense. That's because her damages became part of your records and thus you are the one to pay for insurance hikes for that accident if your state insurance laws allow no fault accidents to be used in determining rates. Some states are Choice states which allow you to pick either a "no fault" policy or a different type of policy. My state is a "fault" state using Pure Comparative Negligence criteria. Thus your girlfriend would be responsible to pay the damage. Damage over $700 is required by law to be reported to the police regardless if you seek compensation.

injury.findlaw.com/accident-injury-law/contributory-and-comparative-negligence.html

You are the sole reason why the subaru Veeky Forums community os dead. Kys.

Because Subies are notoriously bad.

OH god you again, m8 you are fucking retarded, pretty sure you're a woman if you can't get out of a party without damaging your car like that.
You're just handing people chromosomes now.

The car is actually pretty spot on. It's my 11th car, I usually only drive my toys around for a year or so before getting bored and trading them in for something else. I have no complaints aside from the minor squeaks and rattles and the thin paint. Mechanically, the car has done extremely well, and that's after flogging the poor thing on several track days.