Thoughts on the RS3?

thoughts on the RS3?
going to test drive one in a couple of days

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gHT-mLIFe58
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

boring understeer machine
but pretty quick

Fun & comfortable drive, shit car. Like all Audi's, really. Just more expensive.

Boring

Literally no more boring than any other modern hot hatch. Has God tier 5 cylinder turbo, quattro, and DSG. Honestly a really great combo, albiet Audi isn't really good at "fun".

how boring or not fun exactly?

what do you guys recommend i get?
preferably something with 300+ stock hp,compact and smaller than an average sedan(single and i don't need much space,4 doors a must though),not too much factory rice,i'd like to keep it below 40k USD but might push it to 45
siroccos aren't available here and i'd rather burn the money instead of buying a GTI or a STI hatch

Isn't this a shitty rebadged golf r?

isn't the golf r better and more expensive?

i don't know, someone has to drive them back to back and see

Awesome engine, the rest is meh.
It's cheaper.

how so?
please don't just say it's boring or not fun

Okay it's very good providing you're not planning on back road hooning and keep it under warranty.
The interior is very good and the sound and straight line performance is excellent.
There are plenty of proper reviews out there that you could read.

yeah i don't plan on driving it on anything but actual roads and i'm going to sell it around 125k miles
i already red some reviews but i thought maybe i should consider something else and ask here about it

No it has a different engine.
The wagon r is better tho.

135i hatch is way more fun
get something rwd

If you are over 19 you are probably going to have "fun" with the rwd once or twice.

Dont listen to the people saying this, buy a car that you actually like driving on normal roads.

What the fuck are even doing on a car board if you just want a boring appliance mobile?

not that user but kill yourself if you're seriously just trying to say the RS3 and by extension hot hatches are just "boring appliances"

People here actually don't know anything about cars. I'd bet nobody here has driven one. Take everything with tons of salt.
Just test drive one and decide if it's boring or not.

Just get a M2 instead of a FWD golf

You could try the classic AWD hoonmobile, the STI.
Focus RS. Don't listen to the memes about dealers selling the for 50k, you can find them for 35 if you're willing to drive to one that isn't retarded.

>10k more

>3000eur

RS3 is AWD you parasite

>100% of power goes to front wheels normally
>up to 50% to rear IF the computer detects traction loss
>transverse engine
nice """"AWD"""" system you have there

Most of the reviews for the RS3 behaves like a front wheel drive car.

>RS3 0-60 3.9
>M2 0-60 4.3
it gets you off the line a lot faster than your miserable shopping trolley

and it's definitely not the engine doing that bc the M2 has more horsepower.

transverse engine.

Nah, that's the S3.

The RS3 has a fucking awesome inline 5 turbo whereas the Golf R and S3 have to make do with 4-bangers.

Not even in the same league.

:^)

Just go test drive them friend, including the Fiesta, and then decide which one makes you happy and buy it.

Enjoy your front wheel drive, faggot.

Great engine, great gearbox, shit chassis.

Also steering is horrible and twitchy at speed.

And of course:

U N D E R S T E E R

Pic related uses the engine much better but costs like triple

there will be a new rs3 sedan soon, maybe wait for it?
youtube.com/watch?v=gHT-mLIFe58

The RS3 is a fun pocket rocket, and while it does understeer, its not gonna be a problem unless you go fun mad man mode, or do track driving. Engine is awesome, and it will go pretty fucking fast.

...but you could have an M2 for about the same money. not that there is anything wrong with the Audi per se, but i'd rather have had the M2

>all these faggots pretending like they have driven the RS3

Never change Veeky Forums

This.

Lots of armchair experts say the various Audio RS models are dull etc. My boss owns an RS5, ive been a passenger numerous times, and driven it myself twice. It's far from dull, that thing fucking moves.

Are you an asshole?

If you are an Audi will be perfect for you

>not enjoying the perks of RWD vehicles
why are you even on this board?

The M2 rapes it after 60 mph though
And you can get better 0-60 times if you can launch properly

>nose-heavy as fuck
>FWD until computer detects slip, then up to 50% torque to the rear
Literally UNDERSTEER: the car

>paying 10x the price of a caterham for a retarded-looking caterham

Golf R has 2L 4 cyl with 292 hp, starts at $35655
RS3 will have 2.5L 5 cyl with 400hp, starts at $42500 (est)

Not better nor more expensive. Is it worth $7k more is up to you.

>not wanting a carbon fibre Lotus Seven clone with glorious inline 5 turbo engine

>transverse engine awd

Just drive it and see if you like it, that's really the best way to find out what you think about it.

Just curious, are you an NJ highschool English teacher?