Hello from Russia. Translate of text on picture: Germans prefer Lada more then Volkswagen. So...

Hello from Russia. Translate of text on picture: Germans prefer Lada more then Volkswagen. So, would you buy a brand new Lada?

Other urls found in this thread:

lada.de/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Germans also prefer refugees over their country so no

Just look at this sexy car! It says: "I will make your life faster. And no one will look at you like you a virgin."

lada.de/index.html
also it is confirmed that fwd 1.6liter Lada Granta SPORT is capable of hektik skids

I like that Lada technology is always 20 years "behind".
It shows they're not stupid and rush into trends like others do.

because patriotism
how many people buy merrican even if its shit because of patriotism ?

New lada? Depends. Never driven one before. Old Niva? Fuck yeah

I'm lucky enough to have an old Niva.
Fucking amazing, you can see why the design has barely changed.
If Ladas were available in the UK again I could see many people wanting to buy them.

Why is the Niva suddenly so popular?
Was it featured in a cartoon or something?

They're alright up until you get into a crash. Then you're dead.

it's had a cult following for quite some time now. it makes total sense - many car enthusiasts love the cars of the 80s, and the niva happens to be an 80s car that you can buy new in 2016.

Niva a qt.

Not to my knowledge.
It's popular cause its good and simple and has become a main-stay of a 4x4 in many countries.
And it enjoys carrying sofas.

>Germans prefer Lada more then Volkswagen

Germoney here.

Prefer Lada over VW in what context? They're almost non existent here, at least in the south.

Maybe in eastern Germany but even then it's only a few.

Is this some poopaganda, ruskibro?

how low do you have to fall to fucking copy an Opel Vectra?

Lada are nice because they lack agressive styling and are simpler cars in general. I'd get one if they came to the states

It's all fun and games until the 100kkm mark.
I guess part of it might be that they are fleet vehicles in Poland but they're not reliable

>they are fleet vehicles in Poland
nope

In stawy milickie they are, but they're slowly moving over to dacias

An obscure site reported that Lada Granta sold more cars than VW Jetta in May (note that we're talking figures like 40 vs 45 cars), because for some reason you Germans hate Jetta. They ironically titled the article "Lada outsells VW and Lexus", but since most journalists can neither read nor understand sarcasm, it was widely misquoted as being serious on lots of news sites.

>for some reason you Germans hate Jetta
crave for sedans is typical for third world countries. Picrel indian market of tiny ass entry level sedan. Poor people often choose having longer car than the neighbour has, over equipment or better engine options. First world prefers liftbacks or even hatchbacks which, although shorter, are much more practical

Yeah they look nice and have nice suspension but drivetrain is not that good, lots of vibrations that can't be fixed. Engine is kinda ok but very rough.

I already have a lada 1500. Race me you wont.

I fixed the worst of the vibes on mine by re-aligning the transfer case. Max 20 min job. The rest is pretty rough and ready but you have to remember the design has barely changed since 1977 so we can't really compare it to modern standards of comfort.

Waiting for that on mine.
The best thing on a Lada is fastidious pre-emptive maintenance.
Sometimes its fun.
Some were police cars back in the UK ages ago.

Sometimes it isn't.

put a twingo canvas roof on it!

They made these.
Dunno what she has in that suitcase, prolly stolen western blueprints and ICBM launch codes.
These ones are very rare in the UK due to our shit weather. I've only seen one and it was rotting in a bush.

Ignore this pidorashka, Veeky Forums. LADA now is the Reno-Nissan company and all new LADAs is shit. Engine and gearbox for Niva is piece of shit.

>tfw when u driving some plastic Mitsubishi and not driving whilst squatting in a Niva.

God I love early Pajeros

Very simple.

>pidorashka
Next I'll start seeing this

I would.
My car will take longer to fall apart.

bloody lovely

I have a red one too, way back from my grandfather. I'd leave you in the dust, kid.

not if you get caught and fined 3 turnips.

Not if I bribe the policeman with 4 potatoes.

God I hated those soap looking Daewoos

lost

That's honestly a quite sexy pickup.

Do they still produce the Lada "Classic" like the 2107?
I could cop one of those as a hektik winter skid machine.

Sedans are way more popular in the usa than hatchbacks. I think most americans think hatchbacks look kinda gay or like something a young girl would drive

>mfw americans still jerk off to that babushka

Of course we hate the Jetta, it's a less practical version of the Golf. As the other guy said only the third world and Murrika fall for the sedan = more prestige shit.

I thought saying "third world" was enough in the first place, but okay... third world including usa

No, all new cars are Renault-Nissan (so the cars are actually fine, better than like Chinese ones I guess).
The older ones are starting to get appreciated as classic, never though I'd live to see the day when you can buy the same car for 10000 or 500000 thousand roubles depending on condition (or see anything in domestic shitboxes, but now I see restored on the streets from time to time).

>new Lada
For $8k yes.
Otherwise no let me get an old one for $400.

This thing is so hard to drive though.

>white walls
triggered
t. polfag
same here when they put tonne of chrome, white walls, and other shit on fiats 125p.

It's a car like any other

No not really, it drives like nothing else.

>kerb feelers
>Whilewalls

Muh dick

I would assume it drives like a 60s car. Many thousands of peoples are using them for taxi work or just daily though.

thanks for clarifying that, bro

This is a modern car? It looks like it's a 90s car.
It would never sell in America.

At something like $8k they wouldn't be able to keep lots stocked. You'd be seeing people financing them with payments below $100/mo, likely well below it. Every third suburbanite 17 year old pizzaboy will be given one by his parents. He will hate it, then lament selling it off later on when he finds Veeky Forums.

It's an 80s car that just happened to stay in production. Like the XJ should have. The fact they went 20 years with one change to the body style (front end, that stayed bolt-on compatible if you swap it all at once) was already crazy.

thought the same about the Vectra, but damn that Lada looks sexy rear

But what about reliability, civics are kings of pizza runners because they just don't die.

As long as the engine+trans aren't garbage they'd be the new Metro. Especially brand new at half the price of a new civic. You'd have the 'it's brand new so nothing should go wrong for a few years' perception going for it as well over stuff like used civics. There's really no competition whatsoever in that niche and trim level for USDM.

No. Fucking. Way.

Those are different cars.
This Kalina is post-Soviet miserable attempt at design. In Russia you would be laughed at for owning it (probably since you can buy the older ones for several hundred bucks).
This an the ones on the website are Renault-Nissan, those are just normal modern cars.

Also the most popular car here (if you count last 10 years of sales) is probably domestically assembled Ford Focus.

>(probably since you can buy the older ones for several hundred bucks)
Meaning ones that were designed before the Kalina.

>$
>financing
murrican trying to be smart about european car market
>It's an 80s car that just happened to stay in production.
murrican trying to be smart about a car based on 3 pictures

base Dacia Sandero is still 60€ cheaper than base Lada Kalina.
>Both are techically related
>Dacias are known to be reliable, Ladas are not.
>Dacias has big service network in germoney, Ladas don't
>Dacias have decent resale value, Ladas don't
case dismissed

America seems to lack the entry level cars the rest of the world gets

Here in Bongland I can buy a Dacia Sandero for £6000 with no radio, manual windows and a simple 1.6L 4cyl making 90HP (IIRC)

The equivalent in America is what, a Nissan Versa?, which is $12,000 (£9100) and comes with electric windows and cruise control. You don't have a basic, no nonsense car

>I would assume

Nah you gotta drive one to see.

Sorry, the base Sandero has a 1.2L 75hp 4cyl

it's basically engine from top tier 1st gen twingo, wich means bullitproof jay leno aprooved

If you want to bump up the price to Versa equivlent, you can get a 1.5L 4cyl 75hp diesel for £8995

That's because America likes features, chevys commercials proved that, told us all about the features yet didn't give us specs on the engine or anything else, just how it had a hotspot built in, then told the people in the commercials that they should express how the feel in emoji's.

So offer features, but don't make them standard

Have the option of a complete base model, with nothing but 4 wheels and an engine

and it's the engine known to blow up...
but only when they try to sqeeze more than 100hp in renault or Mercedes. Low power version in dacia lasts forever

Even the base models now a days come equip with tech in it, rear cameras are now a safety mandatory thing here in the states.
Why I believe American cars are so expensive, because of all the safety regulations that they have told car makers to have.

>have dreams of finally being able to import a twingo in ~2years
>find out it has a shitty engine that won't be able to handle the hilly terrain
I-I-I guess I can still use it for city driving...

i saw one on hannibal

If you have troubles climbing the hill with 83hp/tonne and 5 gears to choose from, then take a bus, mr numale.

Maybe now that nissan owns mitsubishi they can rebadge some ladas as mitsu and just undercut the fuck out all the fiestas, sparks, rios, 500s etc

>01-based series held up until 2011
>08 until 2013
>Niva still produced
What is this "progress" you keep talking about?

Finn here

Just came to say ITT that these things are pretty much a legend over here. They're endearingly shit. You just can't hate it, like you can't hate a well-meaning simpleton. Very few cars evoke instant and strong associations like this does.

But Niva has high tech passenger side airbag!

Sorry for so late answer. No propaganda, I just want to know what anons from other countries think about Lada. Also, look to this car, isn't it cute?

But new Ladas are better, than old ones. New models are more tough, more powerfull, they can reach 125 mph and not turn to a pile of garbage. And, of course, they are more stylish and sexy looking.