'13+ Mercedes C350

Convince me not to buy without mentioning transmission choice or track times. Go!

Because you can get a c300 with a manual. If you want an auto, get the is350.

Why dont you go buy a Volvo instead?

Checkout the S60 or XC60.

>If you want an auto, get the is350
Already have one, lol.

>c300 with a manual
Why must they confine manual to the less powerful engine... Also, are those AWD only?

cause the 14+ C class is so much better inside and out.

Damn, what did they change? I thought '13 was a big upgrade with the engine.

You can get a year or two older E550 coupe for the same price and it's a much nicer car.

How does Merc C reliability compare to BMW 3?

RWD only. They don't make a 4WD 6MT.

It's an ok box. 2000 rpm at 60 kph/4th, 90 kph/6th. Gates aren't vague, although shifter feel is little better than nil. Throw is moderate. Rod shifted, not cable, but dont kid yourself, it's not going to feel like a S2000. I hope you don't have any delusions of going fast because these are slow cars with camber gain that fucks the outside edge of the front tires when driving at sanic speeds.

Pretty comfy, very much the quintessential autobahn tourer. Gets you A-to-B in a quiet, well controlled fashion, with enough torque on tap to pass in 6th. Not softly sprung, but not stiffly sprung. Just right.

Mechanically simple. No aluminum TTY bolts, no tricky pumps or pipes. 2 piece lower control arm mcpherson front, multi link back. Standard rack and pinion steering rack. 6 cylinders, 4 cams, a tendency to melt the rear tail light wiring harness due to insufficient grounding wire size. There's not much to these cars to break if you buy a lower specced one. I'm happy with mine.

Ask me anything.

The new C class has been called a baby S class inside. I had one for a week - it was definitely a nicer interior and more comfortable to be in than my friend's 11 C300.

Not the OP but I was looking at c350's but got turned off because of >autotragic. So does it feel quick? How does shifting feel?

And is it the coupe or sedan?

Not him, but I think the sedan looks better. Coupe gets the cool seats though?

>So does it feel quick?
Edmunds reports 5.6 seconds to 60. Nothing wild, but a respectable number I'd say.

350s dont have the 6MT. They have 50 extra horsepower instead. I have a 300. It is not a fast car. Look up the quarter mile times. Shifting is accurate, if not engaging. Easy enough to heel toe once you figure out how much gas you need to rev that engine (lots). I have the sedan, I think the coupe is ugly. Rear legroom is minimal in the sedan class. Trunk space is average. The base model speaker package is garbage.

If you wanted a worry-free comfy commuter, a V6 6MT Accord is a better buy, honestly. The ride and noise isn't all that much worse. Still, I like the C-class.

>might be the stockholm syndrome talking

>V6 6MT Accord
Son, I am disappoint

Trufax. If you wanted a Volkswagen, you'd buy the Audi. If you wanted to go fast, you'd get the 328. But the Accord's a top tier commuter. Are we talking about commuters? I'm not sure.

The most disgusting thing about these "premium" German car brands is that they make you cough up insane amounts of money for optional features which really should be standard on a car at this price point.
>push-button-start
>keyless entry
>heated seats
>navigation

My buddy's Mazda 3 literally has all of this shit. Stingy fucks...

My 3 series has push to start (standard) but no keyless entry. This means I don't get that primal satisfaction of a physical ignition switch (which I do miss), but I still have to fish my keys out of my pocket every time I get in.out of the car, or forget my keys in the cupholder and have to go back in like an idiot. WHY WOULD ANYONE MAKE A CAR LIKE THIS?

My IS350 is loaded to the gills, so the original owner probably paid like $50k or some shit. Then I went to a super-sketchy car lot and got it for $16k. Win.

It's just a sedan with 2 doors missing. Go for the 4 door and you won't regret it later.

>It's just a sedan with 2 doors missing
So a sedan is a just a coupe with two extra doors?

>buying a mercades
>buying a c class
so you're either a woman or a retard with no taste trying to fill the "important businessman" role while failing miserably at that and end up looking like a stay at home mom driving a German pile of shit.

Don't buy a Mercedes unless you can afford the E-Class

everything under E-Class is just something they throw together out of spare parts to sell to lower middle class people

>mercades
>dares to call others a retard

my sides

>spare parts
Wow man

wew lad

>everything under E-Class is just something they throw together out of spare parts
What does this even mean? How is C-Class interior of poor quality?

Overpriced sausage factory

>Mercedes with a manual
Kek

As a person who knows Mercedes, their push-to-start is nicer. You can pull out the cap and put the key in if you want.

Is350 is better and way cheaper on maintenance. Mine is pushing 110k with no problems

I think he meant 15+
14 is the still the same interior Op posted

I like mine too, but it really does feel like a smaller car by modern standards. Thinking the Merc C probably has a bit more room and there's no denying that it just has a classier look. My IS350 is going strong at 73k, but then again I've only owned it since April haha

My mom's GLK350 came with a standard key input... Wtf is that horseshit?

My mom has the E550 convertible. Someone might have stolen the button off yours.

>E550
Are these fun to drive? That gnarly V8 kinda worries me as far as maintenance goes :-(

It is exhilarating but will not spin tires. I turned off tcs and slammed it. Small chirp and it FLEW. 0-100 in 7.x seconds.

What c class did you drive? In my opinion c class has much nicer ride.

I wont even try, but i suggest you try 2015+ C coupe and C212 E class coupe. E class coupe shares platform with c class coupe, but its much nicer car in my opinion and if you can live with a bit older car its choice to consider over newer and pricier (2015) c class coupe.

If i were you my list would be

1. E class coupe (c212) / C coupe (2015)
2. C class (c204)

>c class has much nicer ride
I wouldn't doubt this. My IS is a fairly pleasant ride, but I wouldn't say it's super luxurious or anything.

>2015+ C coupe
Trying to keep it under $30k. I am considering the E-Class now that so many people have mentioned it. Specifically the E550 sounds really nice.

Good car, well built no bullshit, Mercedes-Benz Mechanic

What tends to break on Mercs? Typical German plastic parts bullshit?

That's a woman's car. I've only seen woman driving it.

The clutches

The buttons for the radio/electronic seats/electronic mirrors.

Do it, I did user and its great.