What is Veeky Forums's favorite form of motorsport?

What is Veeky Forums's favorite form of motorsport?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-Nzq2GorVH4
youtube.com/watch?v=6QGKVxu1IZc
youtube.com/watch?v=l4jHIs4OCeg
youtube.com/watch?v=LU-ynRoqDEs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ass to ass motorized dildos

Baja 500/1000
Class 8 truck.

Friends brother did the 500 on a bike, that's some hardcore shit. He wasn't near the top of course, but still finished respectfully.

NASCAR

Highway pulls in my automatic transmission economy car

I like watching dirt track
Everything else is boring in comparison, except for old ass clips of rally and Touring cars

Street racing
Legal or non

Top fuel drag racing

It's boring as shit on TV, but in person it's one of the most autistically satisfying experiences

ASS TO ASS

Wait...You mean there's legal street racing?

>implying Veeky Forums knows anything about motorsports

called road racing....

like, isle of man. lots of races around that.

Sometimes local districts will close roads for events. Sometimes these events are street racing.

I have room on my back 15 acres to build a 3/8 or 1/2 mile oval.
God clay for a dirt track. Pretty flat. Floods out in the rainy season so I don't want to build on it.

Racewars dude
One a year the hottest tuners meet up in the desert and put everything on the line
And your punk ass better cough up what you promised or you end up like that jesse bitch

Meant to link
On mobile

That's just racing.

well then there's no such thing as legal street racing then is there.

No prep races

i say bullshit to this.

its not just racing.

just racing is on a purpose built track.

road racing is exactly that, on roads that are normally used every day, by everyday people doing everyday things..

dorifuto

>road racing is exactly that, on roads that are normally used every day, by everyday people doing everyday things..

That's irrelevant when the "everyday people" are barred from using it for "everyday things." At that point it's just piece of road. No different from a dedicated track.

rofl

except for the width, bumps (jumps), grip, quality, run off, barriers, painted lines, sewer covers, telephone poles, stone walls, buildings, gutters yeah not different at all

this tbqhwy pham

motocross and supercross.

>implying dedicated tracks don't have bumps, barriers, and painted lines.

Yeah, you're an idiot.

race track

road race

>THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE HERE AT ALL

just admit it you pleb

there is a huge difference between purpose built race tracks and road races.

get over it.

next time someone crashes because they took a turn too tight and hit a gutter/stone wall on a purpose built race track, let me know.

youtube.com/watch?v=-Nzq2GorVH4

yeah, crashes like this happen ALL the time on purpose built race tracks

Except that's what "just racing" started out as. Just because F1 has been neutered doesn't mean Spa wasn't once a regular road. Doesn't mean the Monaco GP isn't on a regular road, either.

better yet

show me a purpose built race track that claims, on average, 2 lives every year for 1 event?

the isle of man tt does.

he claims there is no difference between a road race and a purpose built race track.

he's wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=6QGKVxu1IZc
>tfw that video is not sped up
he is averaging 150-200kmh

IOM is the only race that still has that kind of set up outside of maybe some rally events.

You're not going to see a modern street course race with gutters and unprotected obstacles (like stone walls) that's sanctioned by an international racing organization.

No, you claim that road racing is:
>roads that are normally used every day, by everyday people doing everyday things..

...Do you see "everyday people doing everyday things" in your picture?

except most of the UK and ireland.

the one in macau is another with GP's held in a town

what you are talking about is ILLEGAL you fuckwit.

show me a proper motorsport race meeting on a road thats not closed.

just accept that road races are different to ones held at tracks.

i'm assuming i'm been trolled here, so i'ma stop.

Rally and rallycross.

Then the touge.

I even like NASCAR as a spectator sport, although its definitely the barbarian end of motorsports. F1 is the opposite, it's too refined.

Macau has barriers and protected curbing all around the track.

>what you are talking about is ILLEGAL you fuckwit.

That's my whole point, dummy.

There's not such thing as "legal street racing."

Monster trucks.

It's not pretentious. It doesn't try to take itself seriously. It's loud, it's self-contained, it's fast enough to be interesting but not so fast you can't see shit, they wreck cars ALL THE TIME, and they're loud as fuck.
They also get scored on wrecking shit, on marks out of 10 based on how awesome randomly picked little boys think the run was.

Isle of Man TT. They shut down the roads over a small island for a few days, and blast motorbikes around them. Everything from street-legal 125s up to experimental racing bikes and sidecars. They've even got an unlimited experimental class, where you can run bikes with turbines or electric motors.
It tends to kill a few people a year, because it's basically driving at insane speeds on twisty roads with dry stone walls either side. If your head hits a wall at 100MPH, helmet or no, you're going to die.

Rally
Goes over all different surfaces and is point to point instead of the same thing repeated around

plus they don't know the track

Except they do, as not only do they have pace notes, but you do a track walk before any stage to learn the course. You don't honestly think they go in 100% blind do you?

GT racing mang

>Isle of Man TT. They shut down the roads over a small island for a few days

But they shut down the roads for racing. It's essentially a temporary closed-coarse race track for those few days.

Low/medium budget scandinavian rally

youtube.com/watch?v=l4jHIs4OCeg

This is one of the last motorsports that's great to watch. Cameras don't do tracks justice, how nasty ruts are, how steep angles are, but racing still looks fast and battles are good to watch.

Road racing refers to racing on road course tracks like Laguna Seca or Bathurst. Road rally and hillclimb are the common events that take place on public streets.

it's not like a F1 or indycar street race which is lined with barriers and catch fences and fake chicanes and it's just a bunch of flat city streets. this is pretty much racing on residential and country roads with no barriers, crash and you're going at 180 mph off the side of a cliff or into someone's house.

over here it refers to motorbike racing on circuits made out of (closed) public roads. e.g. isle of man TT, northwest 200, ulster grand prix.

i'm not much of a bike guy but motorbike road racing is intense to watch. btw sidecars are best class

IOM TT is a road rally.

Snaefell Mountain Course is considered a racetrack that's generally open to the public, like Circuit de Monaco or Circuit de la Sarthe, it's not the same as a road rally.

But it's still a closed-course that specifically sectioned off for racing. It's not street racing where it's still being used by the public and traffic laws are still in effect.

this especially old rally. a glorious time when most manufacturers just took whatever they had on the production line, taped crossed on the headlights, and floored it.

rallycross is also fun, especially, poorfag-tier rallycross

Did you know that NASCAR spelled backwards is NASCAR!?

Ummm... You're retarded. The road itself is different from a dedicated track than a public road. They use different surfaces. besides that tracks are built for... You ready for this big old shocker? RACING. Believe it or not, they are built with speed in mind. Your average everyday road is built for 1 thing. The cheapest way to get road users from A to B. They have no intention on building corners for race cars to go through them at 140 MPH

Stop watching Initial D and pull your head out of your ass.

This so hard. Never will you see more reckless driving and the pushing of shitboxes

>stopped watching WRC and now watch rallycross
>stopped watching formula 1 and now watch Formula E
>stopped watching american le mans years ago and now just watch 24 hrs Le Mans & Nürburgring

A closed of street course is still different from actual street racing on public roads with traffic. What is it about this do you not understand?

formula E is pretty gay

when will they use proper slicks and get rid of minimum pit stop times, also run it on tracks that are actually wider than one car

they can keep fanboost just for the lulz

Motorcycle racing, especially events like Ulster GP and IOMTT.

MotoGP > F1 any day.

i stopped caring about Formula E (not that I ever really cared) when I heard that they they give advantages to drivers who get tweeted about the most.

yes the one and only race i watched they did that towards the end of the race (i think) and that was it for me, i turned over

it used to be an open public road during practice sessions and only closed off for qualifying and race, but there were some accidents so grisly and stupid that it made WWI veterans nope the fuck out

fanboost is given before the start of the race, like an extra push to pass. it's up to the driver to decide when to use their push to passes

youtube.com/watch?v=LU-ynRoqDEs

Irish road racing a best

Group B to this day

It's like Isle of Man but you have a fucking fight halfway through?

Once formula e goes full retard open class, and we see six wheeled cars, with under body vacuums and huge airplane wings, it'll be great. And the street courses with tight turns is a plus, not a minus.

rallycross is fun

That shoulder check at 4:00 tho, is he telling everyone behind him to fuck off?

God damn it Ireland, even when they're going 200 mph they want to fight

F E L L A
E
L
L
A

Most forms of endurance racing are fun, more fun to watch in person than on TV. But I think Super GT takes the cake when it comes to motorsports for me though.

What's up with the titles for any non-official road racing videos? Why do they all have random ticks and symbols in them?

It's beloved of spastic goons

Normies, they think its cool.

drag racing. shit's so cool IRL and easily accessible to the average person.

Is there a list of most popular racing series by tv ratings and/or total sponsorship dollars?

Worldwide numbers wanted, as f1 is not as popular as nascar in the us, but destroys it worldwide.

are you stupid?
look at any purpose built track and the runoffs are MASSIVE when compared to any street circuit.
Isle of Man doesn't even have barriers unlike Monaco (which is still pretty crazy).
The slightest mistake will send you into the wall.
So, no it's not like a regular circuit.

>implying street circuits still aren't closed off to public traffic.

Rally bros

>wrc
>dakar
>baja
>rallycross
>used to f1
>karting

enduro, demo, boat and trailer races, and figure 8's are all great. Full of destruction and dirt cheap to participate in.

mine is: who can stop on the gas the hardest at a red light in my stock automatic econobox in sport mode

holy fuck 2:25 is amazing