Got Rearended: What do?

I got rear-ended yesterday while stopped. Pic related is the POS I was driving, his car looks untouched.
Neck hurts a bit, will probably get some decent money out of this because my car is definitely totaled.

Someone recommend me how to go about this situation the best, how to make sure I don't get fucked, I've never been rear-ended before.. Haven't talked to the insurance company without an attorney yet.

Sidenote: Also need a new car now, so what's good for someone who's over 6 foot? This one sucked because my knees always touched the steering wheel.

Stop sitting so close to the wheel if your knees are hitting.

Seat was all the way back and I'd still bump the steering wheel

AW11

>americans need legal aid to deal with insurance companies who already overcharge their clients

There is no way possible for you to get fucked from this. Dude hit YOU. From BEHIND he's 1500000% at fault. Also claim all the pain you can. You should have called the police at the time you got hit. And an ambulance. His insurance is going to bend over backwards for you. Also buy a truck mate. I don't know about you. But I drive a 15 Honda civic and I'm 6foot 2. But I'm also not fat either. So IDK why your knees were hitting the steering wheel in a Cadillac

Called the police but no ambulance. I felt no pain at the time of the accident. Now my neck is really stiff. I'm going to a doctor tomorrow to get scanned.

Lol he's from a different continent try again Americunt

Our client's story is that OP backed into him. In our view that is the likely version of events and so your claim is denied.

Thank you. Have a nice day.

Pretty much why I'm getting an attorney

maybe they didn't hit all the time but I always felt a bit cramped compared to other cars. Am 6'4 ~195lbs

Hey guys i'm in a similar situation here I was hit during work hours in a company vehicle.

Got rear ended by 2 vehicles the lady claims
her brakes failed on her.

What do?

have your company insurance handle that. were you injured? no? then dont worry about it. talk the company insurance rep about your driving record to see if its affected

Same as the OP didn't feel much the day I got hit which was yesterday, but I'm starting to feel my neck stiff and my spine is feeling weird.

I'm thinking about going to get myself checked tomorrow though.

OP here, I talked to someone who was in a really bad wreck recently.

She didn't feel anything until 3 days after the accident, turns out she dislocated 3 disks in her back. So yeah definitely get yourself checked out.

What the oh-so-smart yuro-peon doesn't get is that in the US you have to make your claim with the other party's insurance which makes for an instantly antagonistic situation.

What will happen is the insurance company will either low ball the fuck out of the claim, or, as is increasingly common, just flat out deny it and make OP start legal proceedings.

they cant flat out deny a claim when their party smashed into OP

he had the same insurance company as me

Yeah I'll definitely get that checked out it just happened yesterday btw.

I was talking to an attorney and they're talking about workers comp and personal injury protection.

The accident happened at ~20-30 mph so I'm a bit nervous as to what the physician is going to tell me

That's even worse.

In theory you can make a claim with your own insurance company if the other guy's insurance fails to pay and then they'll go after the other insurance company. In your case you can't even do that. Yeah they're going to low ball/stone wall the fuck out of you.

Question still remains. What do I do about it? Do I have any tactics here or does God just hate me?

I already told you what to do. You keep in contact with your insurance company. They will handle the claim if you are injured go to the hospital. WTF kind of answer are you looking for?

Go to the doctor and get checked out. When I was rear ended my neck was sore as fuck and I'm pretty sure I got a concussion because I was pretty fucked up for a while. I never got checked out, kind of regret it.

Get a lawyer, tell him you also have neck pain and go to the doctor HE sends you to.