TRUCKERFAG THREAD: BEST IN CLASS EDITION

>Obtaining a CDL: How do?
Community College or a dedicating truck driving school. Do your research and don't get sucked into a "school" that's actually just a meat grinder for a shit company. Do not pay over $5000 for a course that lasts several months.
>How can I into avoidings shit companies?
Here are some decent/good companies:
pastebin.com/Sv0cyWyH
If you don't see the company you're looking at included on this list, lurk moar.

>I could totally go to school but I'd rather be a trucker.
If you think you'll love the lifestyle, maybe. You'd be better off getting a """""real""""" job. You can fall back on trucking at any time, but it is essentially a path of decent money for those that fail at everything else.
You can have good business sense and work ethic and make it big as an owner operator, but you would do even better at any other job.

Obligatory meme section
-----
>You will get fat.
>The only clothing you'll own are pajamas.
>The only reason you get paid well is because you work 70 hours per week.
>The longest relationship you'll get is 15 minutes with a lizard.
>Eating nothing is better than roller dogs.
>You have the most dangerous job in the nation.
>The D.O.T., Police, and Le'dash-uh in receiving hate you, and will harass you every chance they get.
>Other drivers hate you.
>Your job will be obsolete once self-driving trucks become available.
>Your loved ones miss you.
>If you don't change careers you will forever be considered a cuck and a homo. Especially if you cuckbox with another fag driver.
>lol 'murrica

>4 4 T O N N E S
>4
>T
>O
>N
>N
>E
>S

Old thread →

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/i3s9RgZFmEk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>ProStar

Those are everywhere, and terrible.

They're the BIGGEST pain in the ass parts wise. Why the fuck do you need 7 different submodels, all with different hoods and fender extensions and cowl panels??

> Submodels

The fuck are you going on about, user? The Lonestar is the only variant and it's quite literally a Prolapse with a different hood clip and a slightly nicer interior.

Unrelated question: is TMC a good company for noob flatbedders?

Prostar 118, 121, 125 etc.. The grilles, hoods, cowl panels, fender extensions are all different.

The only people that like Prostars are the corporate beancounters that think lower purchase price is more important then a reliable fleet.

I saw one O/O trying to unload a 2009 Prostar with 650K on a Maxxforce. That thing was on my craigslist for a solid 2 months before some retard finally bought the thing.

>TMC

Have a friend who did a year with them. They have the rep as "Trucker Marine Corp" for a reason as they're staffed by a lot of ex-military which comes with all the attendant BS military types come up with when they're bored.

Things that stood out:

He'd only been driving six months and they had him training. Never a good sign about a company since it shows they don't really give a fuck and just want team driving on the cheap.

Fucking trucks were oooold even then. Friends trucks were pushing a million miles and he had lots of downtime due to breakdowns. I still mostly see those 379's and they gotta be pushing 2 million miles by now. There's some newer 387's but a definite minority.

Lots of 500 mile or less runs but still timed such that you had to bust your ass getting to the receiver in time. Too often he had no time for even a piss stop. He chose to be paid a portion of the load but most often the loads were significantly less than $1000 to the truck and he got something like 25 percent of that. He averaged a bit over $100/day.

Trucks limited to 62 even today

looks like Melton or System Transport would be better options in that case.

I used to work for a small business owned by a Navy vet so I am very familiar with that military bullshit.

I need help. Everything that people have told me about trucking is happening. I can't stop gaining weight, I only wear pajamas and gym shorts, dont give a shit what people think about me, have slightly developed a sexual deviancy and to top it off, I can't stand talking to people and have become completely socially deprived.

How long before the dead hookers start piling up in the sleeper and my cab becomes constantly reeks of piss?

My clutch is hard to press down how to fix

Dont skip leg day.

Fite me 1v1 rite now bitch

I've been meaning to ask this, but what's the prettiest looking rig made? Doesn't have to be restricted to the current model

>he expects a woman to know anything

You dun goofed

You need to haul 44Tonnes first m8.

Just keep on... truckin...

That's strictly a matter of opinion. Billy big riggers wank to the 379 from birth even though the 359 had better body lines. My favorite contemporary(ish) models are the T600 and 386 for having narrow hoods and cabs. Favorite historical models are the 281, 521, and B61 for the same reason, but with the added convenience of butterfly hoods.

B model mack

M8, she parts the claptraps out for a living. Knuckle draggers calling in and screaming "what do you mean what kind of prostar" doesn't make your fantasy of knowing what you're talking about any more realistic.

PS - have fun tarping everything at TMC.

Should be somewhere around 60lbs of resistance. Any more than that and the clutch or clutch rod need adjustment/replacement. Lipe makes clutches for little bitches that only take about 10lbs to engage the clutch brake. It'll make you soft and fat faster.

I love the look of these things.

Heed these words of wisdom.

youtu.be/i3s9RgZFmEk

They remind me of this.

Oh garmin, you so crazy

God damn it, I was really hoping we could go a whole week without having the "lone stars are ugly" "no I like them" debate.

I've gotta second the t600. Just the right mix of curves and angles to make a damn sexy truck imo

H I D E O U S
I
D
E
O
U
S

I want to buy one of those and pretend I'm wario.

129 hours.. 71 more to go till I get my own truck

Are those Swift T680s for L/Os only or do they offer them to regular OTR company drivers?

Pump bro here looks like I'm going to start running some cranes now told them I want 60 hours+ a week or forget about it

I don;t know how Mack does it, but they can make some of the most honest looking trucks. I especially love how the MB looks to be the most honest Cabover trucks ever made.

I'm officially allowed to drive this mini truck now.

Saw a brand new shiny yard dog truck next to me yesterday. Fucking dash instrument panel and controls was just a flat box panel, simple as it gets. I wish they still made trucks with dashboards like that, I don't want or need all this bullshit molded plastic.

You fuck that fat whore yet?

Got any more pics at least?

>honest
It looks like Hank Hill. Mildly concerned, not too bright, disapproving of your lifestyle choices, and slightly autistic.

Aw, little baby truck!

>Distance: 7.4 miles
ouch.

>when you take a huge satisfying shit in your receiver's ice cold clean bathroom

When these GPS's do that it means they've found an exception that doesn't allow trucks. Thing is the exception may be bullshit and it's like pulling teeth to figure out what it is since it won't tell you. The thing just routes around and expects you to follow blindly. It would be nice if it dropped a flag or something where these problems were on the direct route and you could decide on your own if it was an issue or not.

>Be at Pilot for lunch
>Two ladies and an old man walk by
>Old man is wearing a lacy blouse, knee length skirt and spindly sandals, and carrying a purse
>He has male pattern baldness and a rough 5 o'clock shadow going
>On the CB, "You don't see that every day."
>'Ah that's just a Kentucky lot lizard.'
>laughtrack.ogg

>lunch at pilots
What did you get?

This spot only had a Subway so I got an egg & cheese on flatbread. Probably better for me than anything else I would have gotten if they had other options.

Yea, the are starting to roll out healthier options for truckers, any other profession I would of REEEE but with truckers you're only limited to eat in the truck stop or any place within walking distance

>truck
Thats just a big ute.

>3 hours left on clock
>can fight 41 miles of dallas rush hour traffic right through downtown to pick up load tonight
>might run out of hours at shipper, they say I can't overnight
>might get loaded with just an hour left and not be able to find a spot to park anywhere
>but if I do get loaded and find a spot to park I can rest easy and sleep in a bit

OR

>shut it down right now and start my break
>will have to wake up at 430 a.m. to go get my shit

What do? I don't care for either.

Hello trucker fags,

I am not a trucker by any means but I do need to drive an 18 wheeler within an airport from time to time.

Prior to this the biggest rig I drove was a single axle dump. My main question about it's operation is shifting.

I have found that the smoothest and easiest way to up-shift is to just let off the throttle and move the stick into the next gear without touching the clutch at all. It doesn't make any bad sounds and doesn't jolt and rock.

As for downshifting I press in the clutch and rev it a bit then move it down one. Much like you would do in an older car/pickup.

Is shifting up without the clutch going to break the truck?

Some of my co workers shift in the most fucked ways imaginable, reminiscent some fast and furious movies. And I don't know who is doing it right, so I'm reaching out to you guys. Any tips would be great.

Here is a pic of the shift pattern on the headliner.

>is shifting without the clutch bad?
Nah, that's called floating gears, and most of us do it. Are you double clutching on the downshift though? That's where you use the clutch to move it to neutral, get of the clutch, rev (if downshifting, skip if not), and clutch to move into next year. If not, you might want to start or just float the downshifts too. It's pretty much the same as the upshifts, just get off the gas, pop it out of gear, rev it and it should go into the next gear smoothly

You can downshift without the clutch too. It's called "floating the gears" and I always thought everybody did it if they weren't totally retarded.

As long as the shifts are smooth, you won't damage anything.

No. That particular issue was the gps thought the road was divided without a way to turn left.
It was neither.

Use the clutch.

Its cheaper to replace a clutch then a gearbox.

Has anyone here actually been randomly drug tested? I feel like it's a meme made to scare you

No. I have freedoms that you Americans dont have rights to.

Yes I have been randomly drug tested

Company paid for it

It's pretty easy to tell if you are floating the gears wrong. Plus with all the randoms driving this truck like user mentioned, I'm sure the gears are all pretty smooth. That's like a few of our old Kenworths, so damn easy to float in because everything is so loose but the newer ones require you to be much more precise.

Once in two and a half years.

But even with it being rare most places, it isn't worth chancing it because the consequences are awful. If you can't stop being a pothead, trucking isn't for you. Keep your job at the movie theater.

At my company we got these 2006 International 9200s with the 10 speeds. They all have over a million miles on them and when I float the gears they tend to stick in the gear which requires some fancy footwork.

White-Western star flattop with twin stacks. Basically the truck from maximum overdrive without Green Goblin on the front.

That or alot of the old kenworths look gud, the A model long hoods and the K100's and 123's

I am double clutching on the down shifting, well I thought anyway. I would just press the clutch once though and rev with the clutch in before i move it down.

I've seen people double clutch (press the clutch-neutral-rev-next gear) for up and downshifts. I guess i was right to think it's unnecessary.

So will downshifting work the same way as up? I'll have to try it.

All things aside, what is the right or "by the book" way to shift up and down? Like if you were in a road test situation how would you do it?

Here is a pic of the old beast. I don't know anything else about it but I think it's an 87

Usually once a year. But it is only swab to see if you are high then and there.

What you do on your free time is your business. Just don't come to work lit.

You arent doing it right, a clutch is only there to break the torque. When you lift off the throttle there is a small window of no torque and that is when you need to shift out.

Nice exhause bumper

Dudebro just got fired.

1st week he left the hoist control in up position with the ram fully extended and blew the seals out of it

Today he just blew a gearbox up. I told them he couldn't shift for shit and just retard strength it into gear with an almighty crunch.

Freightliner FLD. There are 112 and 120 wheelbase models. Generally called a "classic." Which can get confusing because it was followed by the Century Classic and like why the fuck are all these trucks classic

I just got really introduced to the world of trucking, Im a loader at Southeastern Freight, truck drivers are fucking cool people that I never knew about before

Yup. Got tested last week. I have a hunch it's because the driver for the Lowe's in the city over failed his test for being on cocaine. So they just decided to test every driver in the area

>bobtail
>merging to freeway
>attempt to shift to 11th gear on 10speed transmission
>godfuckingdammit
Every year or so.

They're all classic because that's the word they found out they could use to sell the most trucks

>he doesn't know about the secret overdrive built into every 10 speed transmission

>try this
>engine reaches low earth orbit
Thanks senpai

There's a chance Ill get one
No, but she's craving me. I have plenty of pics

spoiler that hog

Veeky Forums has no spoiler. And those titties need no extra down force

>this fag

Got any pics of her fat guts

>9spds

Ewwwwwww

No, but I can cum in her guts since she can't biologically have children

DON'T FALL FOR THAT FUCKIN' MEME SON

BUT I WANNA CUMMY IN HER TUMMY!

>TFW favorite hat has truck grease

Understandable. But you have been warned.
Damn son you ain't gotta taste the lock lever to see if it's set. Just peek at it.

The fifth wheel wasn't releasing, so had to get under the truck and use a crow bar and a rubber mallet to wack it till it released

You know you Coulda just wiggled the trailer a bit to let off the tension right?

Already did that a million times. Thought that would go without saying

What about lowering the airbags or dropping the feet?

Yes and yes

It was being a bitch

Protip: put 'er in reverse, trailer brake on, ease back until you feel the truck is up against the kingpin as much as possible. Pop truck brake, then see if it works.
Note: this didn't work on my Pete, had to be not-too-far forward and not-too-far back. Most times I could pop the trailer brake first, wait a sec for everything to settle, then pop the truck brake and it'd be good.

Tried that too.

I'd tell you guys a mistake I did that might've caused it, but then you guys would just best in class me

Someone's gonna best in class you anyways. It's a tfag thread. For me it was usually nose heavy that gets it like that. Or the grease pump was broken. Like at werner the shit truck I got in Dallas came broken and I never noticed cause I'd religiously grease it by hand having seen 5th wheels ground through and adhering to my trainers sage wisdom of "5 minutes now is better than 5 weeks later"
Also took a look at the freightliner in the yard next door holy fuck it's c shaped.

It's my birthday today

1. Nobody cares
2. Why are you still here
3. Fuck off

>make me

Like others said, you're "floating gears". As long as nothing's crunching or the truck is jerking, it's fine. You indeed can float down gears, you just have to let off throttle until the gears aren't tightly coupled and you can pop it out. It's a little harder because you have to keep in mind the inertia of the truck, but on level ground it should be easy enough.

The "By-the-Book" expectation is to double clutch up and down, but I've heard drivers say they pretended to use the clutch during their test and got away with it.

No randoms yet, but I'm getting tested every 45-day review, apparently.

I agree with .
When you let off the throttle, torque from the engine side is relaxed. But, if you're going up or down a grade, the inertia of the truck, via the drive wheels, can cause the other side to keep grabbing, requiring the use of the clutch. In fact, I found that using the lightest throttle, instead of completely letting off, can be more effective in some situations. Also, when going up steep grades, especially at lower speeds and under heavier loads, you have to "throw" the truck forward before letting off the throttle, else gravity immediately slows down the truck and the drive shaft side keeps grabbing.

Preemptive apologies when you meet one having a bad day.

>doesn't realize Hi R is for maximum respect
>will never launch himself into low orbit from a 6% grade

>nagging you to buy land
>"can't get pregnant"
>RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG

You have been baptized.

Oh, god. I'm almost 25. What the fuck have I done with my life?

>!!QxnlXeie42v
I made this as a special birthday gift for you NEwbie bby~
I hope you like it. I put a lot of thought into it. :^)

>mfw this guy decided his own downfall a month earlier belittling other drivers

>Lot of thought
>that horrible ordering
>still smug/belittling because fuck you:^)

Only commercial vehicle drivers of vehicles 26000lbs GVWR and over are allowed to post in this thread.... Whoa there not so fast NEwbie!

>and yet more posts

F to your professional driver career. It will surely be missed. ;_;7

F

Three footlongs with double meat drowned in a half gallon of ranch isn't really better than two big macs. Fat fucks are going to be fat fucks no matter what options you do or don't give them.

Look up a Classic XL. Freightliner has always been pants on head retarded giving their C class trucks that already have alpha numeric names a nickname.