Fiata coupe

autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/fiat-124-spider-get-fixed-roof-coupé-variant

>Fiata coupe
There. Mazda and Fiat are now dominating in every niche of the cheap and chearful sportscar segment. How long before Mazda makes a coupe Miata, and Fiat makes a 124 RF?

These two companies combined are truly great, offering both turbo and n/a, and both retro and modern styling, respectively.

Pic related, fan rendering

Other urls found in this thread:

hpsimotorsports.com/#!eurodrive-14lturbo/c1j54
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

muh dick

>fiat coupe 20v turbo

Clutch job, never ever again.

Wasn't even that difficult, every single bolt was seized at 50k miles.

still inverted, huh?
Calm down, It's not like it's gonna come out with superior multijet diesel.

>implying it would not be the buy of the century if it came out with a 2.4 multijet

SHIT
FUCK
YES

THEY ACTUALLY DID IT THE ABSOLUTE MADMEN

all my want

WEW LAD

wtf I love Fiat now

>multishit
Ftfy

I FUCKING TOLD YOU
FUCK YEAH SOUL AND PASSION

GOD MACHINE

MUH DICK

>a fucking roof
YES, FINALLY.

>It will NEVER be sold in your country

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY

the reg version is meh, with 1" bigger wheels, lower spring settings and a better rim design it looks pretty good

abarth spec with a roof would make it beast like

wtf I love Fiat now. Seriously looks amazing, looks like a poorly photoshopped E92.

>40k new
>at least 2500lbs with roof
>160hp

This is the ultimate meme car

This thing looks fucking stupid. I wanted a miata coupe with an FD rear window and instead I get one with a fake Italian mustache.

fiat is the only car maker in the world that makes the cars people need

Giuseppe pls go

Poorly made piles of shit that make even Chrysler look reliable?

to repair often

all dem memes
fuk yu, he right, there's sports cars, sporty cars, suvs for soccer moms, real utility vehicles for workers

fiat makes cars for literally every type of person and they also always looks best than competition.

70hp diesel puntos

Fiat is the king of plastic shitboxes. Only very few models are decently made.

>Two worst car companies
>Dominating anything except the side of road and hairdresser dollars
This thread is gay like the OP

>fiat makes cars for literally every type of person and they also always looks best than competition.
I want to know what type of person needs this with 2cylinder 0.9l engine

How is Mazda considered one of the worst car companies???

Europeans
t. European

the 0.9 twin air is a pretty dope engine.

>wasting a (you)

Are you just pretending to be retarded?

How is Fiat considered one of the worst car companies???

You tell me, Tony.

How the fuck is Audi up there?

>What’s wrong now: The area that has garnered the most frequent complaints in recent years has been infotainment systems and their integrated bundle of audio, navigation, and communications systems, and their display screen.

What the fuck? Who weighs that in with vehicle reliability? Weighing "the bluetooth was hard to setup" the same as "the tranny blew at 50k miles" is the most disingenuous thing ever.

>meme reports
>relevant
>objective
>america

looks like a Z4

That looks like a fast back, not a fixed roof.

coworker has a 2 year old punto
It's basically in dealership every month
she regrets getting rid of her old opel

By the time this thing comes out there should be enough info out on the regular abarth 124 to find out if it really is as reliable as it should be and still reliable tuning the shit out of it
If it all goes well it'd be really hard saying no to this thing

Don't you realise this will make Mazda build a coupe too?

>women
>taking care of car
>annecdotal evidence
epic!!

We'll we know it has a god tier transmission, which the ND most certainly does not
I'm sure they agreed to have Mazda with the rf and fiat with the coupe to try and stop sniping sales from each other. Currently IDK why anyone would buy any miata that isn't bare bones as shit if the 124 abarth is available

If a monthly trip to the dealer is considered neglect for a FIAT then you're only making his case.

A fastback is a fixed roof.

same as the NC 6spd transmission right? as an NC owner it's certainly not god tier but at least it doesn't blow up

Neither one is the NC transmission.

>he doesn't know Fiat diesel engines have several awards and are generally regarded as one of the best in the market
I pity your ignorance, tbqh.

>a turbocharged 2cyl producing 105hp
>great empeegees
>more than enough power for a DD, in every situation
You murricans really have a comprehension disability when it comes to efficiency.

Memers. They think we're in the 80s still.
And even then, Fiat engines were generally reliable as fuck.

Isn't that meme report the one where Ferd is in last?
Did you purposely not post the 2016 chart? lmao

>gentle reminder Fiat was the 7th most reliable brand in Europe by 2013

>meanwhile my car is 2 years old, 50k kms and never had any issue
Sure is great getting anecdotal evidence out of your ass, isn't it?

It will probably look along these lines

The Miata is

>gentle reminder Fiat was the 7th most reliable brand in Europe by 2013
Europoor cars must be in the shop all the time then if Fiat is the 7th most reliable brand then

>literally a SCORPION for a logo

why would you want anything else?

NCs had 15 more horsepower and didn't shit gears all over the road. What makes you think it's the same transmission?

Nah. Europoors just tend to not complain when their cup holders can't hold the gallon coke cup or they can't make sense of the infotainment. Which never really happens, desu.

But then again, burgerclaps consider Mercs unreliable, when they're considered pretty reliable in the civilised world.
Maybe you should just stick to horse carts, instead of driving cars.

The 124 uses a reinforced NC transmission, since the ND's is made of glass.

everybody spam KAPPA on the quarter panels

idk, saving costs using the best piece from the previous generation comes to mind.

The info is out there, on several miata reviews/articles, but there are so many I won't bother looking for it for you

>mfw all this shilling

>talking about upcoming cars is shilling how
fuck off retard

Here's your (you)

if it's a fully fixed roof i hope they make it an actual fastback

at that point it really will be a god machine because
>reliable engine, it's weird coming from fiat but it really is a reliable motor
>crazy tuning potential for very little money invested
>only slight suspension mods necessary to make it basically perfect
>the abarth looks fucking good
and most importantly
>first year depreciation on fiats is 23%, a top of the line last year 32k car will be about 25k, way more reasonable

IT'S ABOUT GODDAMN TIME
All of these years I've been wanting a miata without the SHITTY convertible top, finally they're delivering.

You forgot your trip, mjet

>mazda has to save Fiat

mjet on suicide watch

>>reliable engine, it's weird coming from fiat but it really is a reliable motor
Nigger it's far too early to say
>it really is a reliable motor
Come back to me in 5 years or so when thousands of them are over 100,000mi and no issues have surfaced. It's still far too early to call an engine reliable. EVERY engine is reliable right off the bat, and they're all still currently brand new

>I've got a brand new car that's not even seen its second big maintenance yet, but I'm making statements as to its reliability without any aggregate data

Fock m8 yer as bad as the FiST nerds

Their engines are awesome

Their build quality and quality control are completely and utterly the worst in the industry.

But hey nice engines tho

that engine has been around for 7 years though...

The FIRE engines have been in development since the '80s, and the 1.4T is from 2005 and is used in the Dart, 500 Abarth, Giulietta and Renegade, as well as several others.

500 abarth has been around for 7 years so far and as far as i know, nothing really happens to them aside from needing to occasionally gap spark plugs on them

Not the one in the Miata or Fiat coupe

the 1.4 in the fiat coupe has been around for 7 years
there have been not changes to the engine for the fiat 124 application aside from differently shaped exhaust headers and intake
there's basically no reason to not treat the 500 abarth's engine reliability as a yard stick for the fiat 124

Damn, some of you guys on here are so Fucking dumb.

Just because the car is new doesn't mean the engine is new.

>the 1.4 in the fiat coupe
Nobody is going to buy the fucking 1.4

City folks

really makes u think

>I pity your ignorance, tbqh.
I pity your ignorance if you think FIAT diesel engines are leading innovation in consumer diesel motoring.
t; they're not.

I'd buy one if it wasn't a fucking piece of shit Fiat that will disintegrate into rust as soon as the warranty expires

...as opposed to the other engine choice in the fiat 124 that doesn't exist?
you're really confusing me here user

They aren't offering it with the 2.0?!
looks like they fucked it up already

the 2.0 what?
you mean the one in the 4c? that was a rumor

the 1.4 is basically the only fiat engine i know because i researched it as soon as the fiata became a thing

>they finally make a lightweight fixed roof coupe
>they cripple it with the high-strung 1.4 city car engine instead of giving it an engine with some decent tuning potential

>Weighing "the bluetooth was hard to setup" the same as "the tranny blew at 50k miles" is the most disingenuous thing ever.

Consumer Reports does count instances of infotainment systems failing, but they don't include complaints about the systems being hard to set up or use.

>4C
>2.0
Wat?

>high-strung
Fiata makes 160hp@5500RPM and 184ftlbs@2500.
ND makes 155hp@6000 and 148ftlbs@4600.
Fiat makes peak power 500RPM earlier (and 5hp more), makes a whopping 36ftlbs more torque, and at almost half the RPM of the Mazda. Mazda has a 1400RPM powerband (peak torque to peak power), Fiat has a 3000RPM powerband.

>city car engine
ND's 1.5L is used in the Mazda2, Mazda3 and the Scion iA. ND's 2.0L is used in Mazda3, Mazda6, CX-5 and CX-3. All of those can be consider city cars in some respect (maybe not the 6, but still).

>decent tuning potential
So you're saying an n/a engine has more tuning potential than a turbo engine? You'd be wrong. 500 Abarths with the same 1.4 turbo have easily eclipsed 200hp, with a weaker transmission, and poor intake manifold design. With the NC's transmission in the 124, and a redesigned intake manifold (to suit the FR layout), the 124 is going to be a beat once tuners get their hands on them.

>Fiata makes 160hp@5500RPM and 184ftlbs@2500.
>ND makes 155hp@6000 and 148ftlbs@4600.
>Fiat makes peak power 500RPM earlier (and 5hp more), makes a whopping 36ftlbs more torque, and at almost half the RPM of the Mazda. Mazda has a 1400RPM powerband (peak torque to peak power), Fiat has a 3000RPM powerband.
Still weak

>ND's 1.5L is used in the Mazda2, Mazda3 and the Scion iA. ND's 2.0L is used in Mazda3, Mazda6, CX-5 and CX-3. All of those can be consider city cars in some respect (maybe not the 6, but still).
Never said the Miata was well equipped

>So you're saying an n/a engine has more tuning potential than a turbo engine? You'd be wrong. 500 Abarths with the same 1.4 turbo have easily eclipsed 200hp, with a weaker transmission, and poor intake manifold design. With the NC's transmission in the 124, and a redesigned intake manifold (to suit the FR layout), the 124 is going to be a beat once tuners get their hands on them.
ANY of the larger turbo engines will have more tuning potential than the 1.4. 200HP? Am I supposed to be impressed by that? IPathetic! You're not going to get much more than that without a big fight either

Actually they are.
>first diesel engine with multiple injections per cycle
>first diesel engine with up to 8 injections per cycle

You mean the 1.75 TBi? It's only used in Alfas.

>not decent tuning potential
hpsimotorsports.com/#!eurodrive-14lturbo/c1j54

>>Am I supposed to be impressed by that?
>not being impressed by a 1.4 pushing out 200hp on stock internals
I suppose you're retarded.

>all that cash
>192whp

>being impressed by a 1.4 pushing out 200hp on stock internals
HOLY SHIT
YOU STUPID FUCK
My 26 YEAR OLD 1.8L is making 300whp on stock internals. I'm supposed to be impressed by a state of the art 1.4 being able to take 85% the HP/L of an old-ass economy engine? That's not even close to impressive durability! Even if it was making 235whp on stock internals I wouldn't be impressed, that's the same specific output I'm making on a worn out 180,000mi 1.8L BMW engine, that pretty much precludes it from being impressive durability for something so new and advanced!

>>all that cash
It's just an ECU tune.

>My 26 YEAR OLD 1.8L is making 300whp on stock internals.
Yeah, I'm calling bullshit. Dyno sheet or it didn't happen.

rip in peace snek 1992-2016
welcom 2 new snek babby 2016-

Not posting a dyno sheet to prove myself to you, if you knew anything about the myriad small 4 cylinders that exist you'd know that internals which can handle making 145hp/l is completely unimpressive.

so you're talking out your ass, thanks

You're just making me laugh, cmon guy it's obvious you have ZERO experience working on boosted 4 cylinder cars if you think it's in any way impressive that the fiat 1.4 is isn't bending rods and blowing pistons at 145hp/l on stock internals. I can name several old garbage 4 cylinder engines off of the top of my head which can easily exceed 145hp/l on stock internals when turbocharged, no problem at all. Your precious fiat engine is NOT impressive at all for being able to do that on stock internals.

>Volvo B21/23 (F/FT), B230FT
>BMW M10
>BMW M42
>Ford Lima OHC 2.3
>Porsche M44 (all turbo versions, some NA versions)
>Mazda BP 1.8

As you can see even the old Miata's engine can do it, so you're impressing nobody but yourself fapping over that 200hp tune on the fiat 1.4. Nobody is impressed by 200hp out of a turbo 1.4 anymore, this isn't 1992. Nobody is impressed by internals strong enough to make 50hp per cylinder, that hasn't ever been impressive except to fanboys of cars with weakshit engines. Every engine I listed above can do 50hp/hole+ all day turbocharged as long as you don't tune it like some idiot riceboy. If you scale it up by displacement using hp/l they can all do that too.

Keep dickriding fiat though, it's cute

fair enough but keep in mind all of those are pretty old engines, and the older you go the stronger your engines get
considering a 7 year old engine can do 145hp/l is impressive, not to mention that people have boosted 500 abarths beyond that with things like turbo swaps

>and the older you go the stronger your engines get
quit meming dipshit

its a pretty broad generalization but that's how it is
past 2000 and super strong block 4 cylinders basically stop existing for various reasons

>>at least 2500lbs with roof
hp

srsly this... that's gonna be terrible

The Honda k20 is probably the strongest 4cyland it's from this century