Got a couple cleaning questions for you

Got a couple cleaning questions for you.

What do you all do to keep your tires black. My tires are gray and brown. I put foaming shit on them but its gone in a matter of days and its back to gray and brown.

What do you all use to protect your dash? I hate glossy shit and just want the dash to be clean and somewhat protected from the Sun.

>tires
Meguiars Endurance Gel, apply according to the directions on the bottle
>dash
Just use a microfiber cloth to clean the dust and dirt off it. To protect it from the sun; use one of these when you're going to leave it in the sun. Not much you can do otherwise to protect the dashboard when its in direct sunlight

Chemical Guys slik shine dressing for tires and some other plastic parts. As for the dash i just clean it with a microfiber cloth. Dont want the dashboard to be too shiny.

> Tires
Wash the sidewalls with the same shit the rest of the car gets.
> Tread
Abrasion from the road, and whatever water is on the road

> Dashboard
> Protecting it
Tinted windscreen.
> Making it look pretty
Damp cloth. I've got some beeswax balsam I want to put on there as well.

>Tires

I haven't found a product I like that keeps tires looking new and not fucking wet or glossy, I hate that shit.

>Dash

No joke, meguiars matte finish wipes, they don't make anything shine, just leaves the dash and plastics looking clean and new.

>protecting dash

Fuck, I don't even bother.

Nothing more annoying than trying to clean your dash and the cracks keep grabbing onto any rag or microfiber you use, which just pulls more pieces of dash off.

Black shoe polish. Good results, last for a few weeks and it's dirt cheap, like 2€ the box. Real black shine tire products are like 30€ for some tiny ass bottles so fuck that.

I have a friend named Alex whose truck looks exactly like yours, with the same crack on the dash...

I can assure you, I'm not Alex.

0w20 synthetic oil, and make sure you get it deep in the tread as well. Doesn't need to be expensive, get the cheapest quarts you can find at your local parts store.

Most important thing is not to wipe away the excess oil, as rags/towels will leave fabric residue.

Is it all tires that go brown or just certain brands?

It's oxidation, it's how vulcanized rubber reacts to the air

Just use tyre shine but I spray it all the way around the tyre, they tell you not to cover the whole thing because they want you to buy expensive tread polish but that's just jewish bullshit.

Tyre shine all over is the way to go.

Plasti dip

Assuming you have little sidewall flex...

>Tires
The only thing I know works every time is Comet and a soft grille brush. Those plastic ones are too hard btw. If the tire dries brown it's still dirty, do it again.

>What do you all use to protect your dash?
In arizona, we use "dash mats" which are fitted for various car models. Otherwise, the heat and ultraviolet eventually cause the dash to get stiff and then crack open in various places.

You can also use a tight fitting window shade. Many stores, including dollar stores sell those reflective shades that have reflective foil on one side. Those fold out shades are a bit floppy and a perfect fit so part of the dash is often exposed.

My grandfather (Uncle MacGyver) cleverly prevented that exposed dash problem by cutting two long strips of better quality stiff cardboard many inches wide by only 3 inches tall. Those are covered with foil and then put up against the window. The softer big fold out screen is placed behind those strips and hold them up against the window. That causes all the dash edges to be shielded from the sun.

For best shielding, the front windshield screen should be reflective foil. If you use a color or logo shade or even all white, the inside of the car will be hotter than if you use the reflective foil.

I prefer the screens that use two suction cups near the upper edges to hold the screen against the window. Those cheap screens that require you to fold down your visors to hold the screen up do work, but if you use the visors a lot, they will get looser. I noticed that after one summer's worth of turning the visors up and down a bunch of times each day.

>The only thing I know works every time is Comet
While abrading away the brown rubber to expose new rubber makes it look good, the problem is that Comet (and most kitchen sink cleansers) has chlorine in it. Chlorine is a strong oxidizer of organic substances such as rubber.

>Black shoe polish.
If there's a puddle on the road, does that black color spin off and get onto the paint? It won't stain the paint?

Stop getting so upset over it, your tires are consumables. Just keep them clean and maybe apply some protectant to keep the sidewalls from degrading.

itt: tire rice

>Just keep them clean and maybe apply some protectant to keep the sidewalls from degrading.

It seems to me that people who use the strong tire CLEANERS actually draw out the manufacturer's chemicals that keep the rubber pliable and protected. Unlike human skin which manufactures more skin oil if overly harsh cleaners are used on it, the poor tire cannot make more once it gets stripped by harsh cleaning.

But I want them to look pretty.

Is the foaming tire shine a cleaner though?

Comet is merely baking soda/sodium bicarbonate. Consider good ol arm and hammers.

The old can of Comet I had used before had bleach in it. Comet with blue crystals as it advertised itself.