>Miata buying guide
wiki.miata.net/tiki-index.php?page=Checking Out a Used Miata

>NB getting hektik
youtu.be/CPQl1andzmU

Other urls found in this thread:

boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/5748247382.html
jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/5741475481.html
youtube.com/watch?v=emeUQOGqS1c
kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/mississauga-peel-region/1993-mazda-miata-comes-safetied/1191235634?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/musa2/pdf/specs/2016_Mazda_MX5_Features_Specs.pdf
ebay.com/itm/96-MAZDA-MX-5-MIATA-Cam-Angle-Sensor-1-8l-/272320805707
youtu.be/H0AIm_zIyCw
m.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=437343444&zip=02115&endYear=2007&pageLayout=list&sortBy=distanceASC&startYear=1989&searchRadius=50&mmt=[MAZDA[MIATA[]][]]
m.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=435404965&zip=02115&endYear=2007&pageLayout=list&sortBy=distanceASC&startYear=1989&searchRadius=50&mmt=[MAZDA[MIATA[]][]]
youtu.be/aivn9OwA9po
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder the NB is objectively better than the NA [yes, including handling]

>no pop-ups

>Drag coefficient lower.

They look terrible when they're down and the rest of the car is a definition-less blob.

I've had a miata before. It was a lemon. Now I have an sc400 and I miss the nimbleness and agility. If I were to buy a miata, which year model would be best for hybrid track use and daily driving? More driving than track

NC is best daily
NB is best miata

The chassis is heavier. You're better off swapping NB bits into an NA.

ND is better than anything at everything.

Two issues with my first Miata.

White noise from speakers. Primarily the right side door speaker, but when I use the aftermarket stereo unit to fade audio away from that speaker, the issue still persistes. Sort of skips in and out. Is this simply a short in a wire?

There's a distinct whining noise when the car starts. Goes away in less than thirty seconds. I assume this just belt pulleys needing oiled. Can I just spray some WD40 in there, or should I use something else?

Thanks.

Until you shift into second, lel
But seriously I hope they fix that that tranny in the 2017 model

NC > NB/ND/NA

Thats how it goes bruhs, the NC is the only version thats literally superior in all formats whilas the rest have their good and bad parts.

Dont use WD40 on rubber parts like belts, it corrodes them

Pull your speakers out, make sure the connections are solid and clean. Do the same to your radio.

DO NOT USE WD40 ON BELTS.

Tighten or change your belts. They are cheap and not hard to replace.

Tranny problems were a batch issue. If you buy a new car now you don't have to worry.

Why the fuck would you think that's anything but an absolutely dumbfuck retarded idea? I bet you think lubing latex condoms with petroleum jelly is a good idea, too.

Tighten your damn belts.

Belt pulleys, not belts. I would spray it behind the pulley, being careful not to get any on the belt.

It had been sitting unused for around eight months when I bought it, which makes me think it might just be parts needing oiled.

Or you know it could be that because it sat for several months the belts dried out and stretched.

Replace the belts, they shouldn't cost you more than $30. You said yourself it goes away after 30 seconds. None of those pulleys are lubricated after startup, but a loose belt will tighten as the crank spins.

My miata sat for 16 months before I started it and drove it. The pulleys were fine.

As for being "careful" about were you spray. As soon as you turn the car on, its going to sling wd40 everywhere.

Also, I bet if you searched yourself(Really difficult I know) You would find yourself on miata forums, with thousands of people who have already fixed the same problem you have.

Stop. Being. Lazy.

Asking for help diagnosing the problem is being lazy?

I appreciate your input, but you're a cunt.

He's right though.

Which I why I appreciate his input, just not his delivery.

I've got no mechanical background whatsoever. I bought this vehicle because I'm willing to learn.

The NA chassis is a floppy, wet paper towel

>I was stupid enough to buy an NC and have to validate my bad choices through shitposting

Yes, asking for answers when doing no research on your own is lazy. Not everyone is willing to spoon feed you.

You want actual technical advice and guidance on miatas? Join a miata forum.

Club roadster
Miata Forums
Turbo miata

All have been around for years and have depths of information you wont even understand. As well as people who own, race, and repair miatas. All the info you need, backed by trial and error.All you have to do when you want to know something, is search and read.

This. miata.net/garage is a good place to start

where this whole "hurr durr miata is floppy" came from?
NA chassis is excellent
maybe the ones rusted to shit aren't but that's a retarded argument

it's a two seater roadster designed to not have roof from the beginning, it's not some sedan that the design process consisted of chopping off the roof, adding some braces and calling it a day

Just change the belts. Mine squeaked and I was too lazy to do anything about it, they eventually both snapped while driving kek

NA IS BEST MIATA

>pic related my na6

Thoughts on this listing lads?

boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/5748247382.html

>$4300
>Front of the car is attached to the back by rust

Kek

Get an '01+ instead

NC with suspension upgrades is best sports car with miata feels

Compared to the NB it is very fucking floppy

It really isn't. I've owned both. with similar mods they don't feel that much different

nb boys we out here

if your car is a 1992 or newer they wired mazda stereos the same way yes that goes for 626 as well. this may help all you miata/mx5 anons having stereo trouble

Thoughts?
jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/5741475481.html
I plan to turbo
I'd fix the bodykit and paint of course.

>jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/5741475481.html
I don't know if buying a car with 1,760,001 miles is a good idea senpai

pic taken laying in front of the car. what is this leak pls help, is it just condensation/overflow? I feel like it's way too much for that

pls not the gas line

does the car have A/C
>miatafags

yes

>got the car back
>the bolt holding the alternator in place was completely stripped causing that rattle
whelp

Doesn't sound too difficult; I think the oem parts kit for alternator bolt was only $20.

>pls not the gas line

Well does it smell like gas? ffs use your brain.

already been replaced and I'm back to pure gutless i4 sound

It's the ac dude. There's a drain hole under the evaporator that drains into the ground. It's just water condensation

Rate my Miata.

Watanabes are the only 15" 4x100 wheels in existence

>Need For Speed Underground 2/10

Here's mine

Forgot pic

no it's not
it's true that NB received some improvements, but they are vastly overestimated.

not to mention that somebody who's that bothered about rigidity should never buy a roadster
not to mention you can always install a rollbar which will make chassis rigidity completly irrelevant

Objectively a used NC with upgraded suspension will soon be the best bang for buck Miat since they are becoming cheap quickly now.

NA is still the pop up king though.

How well would a miata handle rallying?

It can handle it, but it needs a full cage and custom suspension.
Ask this guy youtube.com/watch?v=emeUQOGqS1c

>full cage and custom suspension
How much would those cost? How much difference would the suspension give?

>inb4 go ask the guy who actually rallies with a miata

mind if I join you club guys? the Mustang club doesn't like me cuz my 2.3 is na and only makes 60hp. ;_; can I be honorary Miata too?

ew fuck no

get that fat fucking shitbox out of here

NC1 eyelids
yay/nay?

as long as they aren't angry i kinda like em

god damn i hate the NC1 so much

I still have stress dreams about the horrible noises the rod bearings in mine made and i havent owned it for a few years

>so many rod/bearing failures that mazda started using forged rods and upgraded bearings for the NC2

even if you have eyelids, every mazda fanboy knows you have the worst mx5 ever produced

better start saving for that 2.5 swap

Thank you, I'm sorry I'm a retard. Old car didn't have ac and im trying to learn ;w;

>every mazda fanboy knows you have the worst mx5 ever produced
at least rational people know i don't have the worst mx5 ever produced

Anyone think it's worth it ? Maple dollars

kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/mississauga-peel-region/1993-mazda-miata-comes-safetied/1191235634?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Yuropoor here

Should I get a NA6 or NA8?

What are the (dis)advantages of both, besides the NA8 having more torque at a lower RPM range?

can't see the price because i'm probably blind but
>auto

not worth it m8, not for any price

there has been so much shitstorm over this
to be short, either will do
it's the same thing about the new ND, some people like 1.5 over 2.0

1.6 is more rev happy and stuff, 1.8 is obviously faster
also, in case of 1.6 you get a superior interior

if you want to mod it further get 1.8
however, if you engine mod list consist of "slap turbo" then either will do, 1.6 takes turbo mods well

however, since you're europoor watch out for 94+ models, 1.6 in these was reduced to 90hp and that's too low even for a miata, though it's supposedly pretty cheap to up it to 89-93 1.6 115hp

WILL YOU BE PART OF THE HOLY 1000?
ONLY THE MOST LOYAL OF MAZDA FANBOYS WILL EXPERIENCE THE BEAUTIFUL NAPPA LEATHER.
(for like a few weeks before wide release ofc)

i was almost going to pull the trigger, but fiata coupe rumors put it on hold

>but fiata coupe rumors put it on hold

>rumors about a car that you will never buy kept you from not buying another car

cool

>the RF will not be offered in the Sport trim package
>you can only get the RF in Club or Grand Touring
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hmm maybe I'm tricked under transmission it says manual but in the picture it does appear automatic

Fugg

yeah, i'm 99% sure it's an automatic
pretty high mileage too
though don't worry about it too much, high mileage is nothing for these cars if the were maintained properly

excuse me what???
to be honest its gonna be my first new driver oriented car so all i want it to be is quicker than the BRZ

The ND is offered in 3 trim packages. Sport, Club, and Grand Touring. The Sport trim is bare bones kinda. Regular radio and speakers cloth seats 16" wheels. It's more like what the old NA Miata was when it launched. The Club trim is $4,000 and comes with leather interior, touchscreen infotainment radio, more speaker, 17" wheels, LSD, and Bilstein shocks. The only thing good about the Club trim is the LSD. The Bilstein shocks are debatable because I don't like how factory shocks are valved. The GT model is just stuffed to the brim with extra bullshit you don't need like heated seats and such.

To get the perfect Miata, buy the Sport trim. Then install a OE LSD, some 16x8 wheels and tires, and sleeved koni shocks with hyperco springs. All the trims come with with the same engine and transmission.

mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/musa2/pdf/specs/2016_Mazda_MX5_Features_Specs.pdf

anyone knows where I can buy a used cam angle sensor for my 94 miata? I can't throw 200+ dollars at the moment for a new one and I just need a good conditioned used one until I get payed at my new job.

check ebay
ebay.com/itm/96-MAZDA-MX-5-MIATA-Cam-Angle-Sensor-1-8l-/272320805707

a mk2 RS popped up super local to me for £1500, took it for a quick spin and nothing seems too off. 120,000 miles, seals have been changed but theres the beginning of some rust around the top of the arch.

Worth looking into or steer clear?

CHECK 'EM. Also finally got some fucking RE-71Rs on the way, aww yiss. Unless I get told some bullshit excuse for them to not ship.
>Tfw no wats
Why must he taunt me...
Probably '01-'05 or newer if it's in your budget.
Ah bullshit. I've driven NAs, NBs, and one NC - most of the 1.6 NAs I drove experienced some minor flex but it was sorted out with the '94 models.
>god damn i hate the NC1 so much
Me too. Didn't know anything about that tho - I just hate the confused pigfat aesthetic, kek.
>can I be honrary Miata too?
Sure!
>Fixed roof
NO! GIT. OUT.
F R I E N D S
R
I
E
N
D
S
With parts cars... surely your local miats club will have someone with a parts car?

>Blog/shit post:
>Coworker had an EF Civic hatch
>Thought he was cool and talked to him a little
>He turbo'd it and it got rekt - like three weeks later IIRC? (Claims it was "a friend" driving)
>Now has a bug-eye Integra that he swapped the engine into
>Frequently tells me that my car is shit and sometimes says to buy a Civic (it's as if he's Veeky Forums incarnate)
>Brags about how his suspension costs more and "is superior" to mine
>Laugh it off - not sure if he's serious
>Keeps trying to sell me some shitty 4-point Takata harnesses that are probably knockoffs ("Special price just for you - $400, super cheap")
>Last week he sorta challenged me to a race on the touge and when I responded that I'm somewhat interested and ask him if he's serious, he just walks off
>See him while I'm delivering pizza a few days ago
>He flips me off
>Threatened me last night because I jokingly pointed out how half-assed he cut a customer's cookie (it was so half-assed that it was still all one piece)
whew what a fucking brat. Hope he understeers off the tooj 2bh.

>whew
wew lad

wtf i hate NC1s now

Well mine's done 110k miles without such issues. The NC2 engine is better if you want to mod it to silly power because forged internals otherwise there shouldn't be that much difference

2.5 swap sounds nice but at that cost I'd probably be considering a different car altogether

thanks senpai

I'll probably end up getting a 1.6, since they're cheaper

Pretty alright actually. youtu.be/H0AIm_zIyCw

isellmiataparts.com

We /v/ now.
Oh yeah - eBae works too. MiataMecca has some good OEM bits - got my timing belt/water pump kit and a flasher relay from him.
WHEW

>95 Miata
>80k miles
>Only $2000

m.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=437343444&zip=02115&endYear=2007&pageLayout=list&sortBy=distanceASC&startYear=1989&searchRadius=50&mmt=[MAZDA[MIATA[]][]]

Is this too good to be true? It's probably a mess, eh? Seller says: "This 1995 Miata MX-5 is priced to sell quickly. Owner is moving. She has 80,000 original miles AND she has a hard top!!!. New convertible top and full paint job within the past 5 years. This Miata has the tan interior. Overall the car is in good condition."

And your thoughts on this?
>NB Miata from 2000
>94k miles
>Asking $3800

m.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=435404965&zip=02115&endYear=2007&pageLayout=list&sortBy=distanceASC&startYear=1989&searchRadius=50&mmt=[MAZDA[MIATA[]][]]

Fishy as fuck.
>no VIN

I did it guys, I finally bought one. My friends keep telling me I paid too much, and maybe I did, but fuck it I bought her.

I just need to clean her up and she'll be near perfect. Pics of her next to my yellow turd gen soon

>car doesn't cool properly sitting in stop and go traffic unless A/C is on
>can't find oem primary radiator fan replacement on the internet
is there a drop in replacement /mg/ recommends?

also what accessory belts won't make my miata sound super charged?

pretty decent paintjob looking from the picture
so how much did you pay for it?
by looking at the wheels i'm assuming it's the 1.8
and speaking of which, either get something nicer or at least repaint them you faggot

first thing, flush the cooling system, it's probably dirty as fuck
then check if the radiator is in a good shape
then consider doing a cooling reroute

as for the fan, well, it's a fucking fan, anything will do
also, since you have AC know that modifying the wiring so that the second fan turns out as soon as the first one does is highly recommended and pretty easy to do

>yada wrecked
>civic blew up

need to take better care of our cars

What is the technique he uses to negotiate these curves?

>ND Miata drives by and honks at me a bunch

I didn't know this was a thing.

I paid 3200, and yeah it's 1996. 103k on the tach. Popular equipment package or whatever it's called, so it has all of that fun stuff.

>reprint them you faggot
Senpai pls I will eventually, I'm just probably going to dip them black one day. But honestly for now I'm going to rock them, clean the car, and see how it goes from there. A girl owned the car before the guy, and (allegedly) she didn't ever hoon it, or drive hard, but she was autistic with the maintenance and there were a million receipts I couldn't be fucked to read through. She also was the one that put the pink on there, and even some eyelashes that he took off that left gunk on the headlights. I'm ready tho

kek, I just bought mine so I haven't done that yet, but when I drove my turd gen and saw another (a whole three times) I would keep blinking my popups at them, and two of them did it back kek

Did it to a riced ass Miata too, but he was in front of me and he just turned his lights on and off a bunch. Made me feel good desu

>not popping your lights up at all generations of miats

>the few times I see miatas, I wave
>they never wave back
feels bad man, does everybody just have the NC

>Rust

Wouldnt

One time an old 240 popped his headlights at me coming from the other direction and i returned the gesture. It made me super happy.

wut

i wave in my NC too

Typo, I meant does everybody hate the NC

protip to those who have the NA and want to save the old tradition of miata wave

with pop-ups down if you poke the light button very lighty without pushing the it all the way in you will make the miata wink with one eye

takes a bit of practice
and don't worry, it won't fuck up your lights

This is by far my favorite NC, the owner drives the piss out of it at track days almost weekly, he's also got an NA that's pretty awesome as well

Anyway, haven't posted in a MiataGeneral in a while, I took a short video of my exhaust while I was up in North Carolina last week

youtu.be/aivn9OwA9po

I've got to try this. I did the flash-to-pass mod but the wink seems way cooler.

I should cut my bumper