Where did it all go so wrong?

Where did it all go so wrong?

not starting at 20k

They didn't design a 5A-GE for the car. Boxer 4 a shit

>gt86 looks best
>scion has best radio
>Subaru has best shifter
Never looked at all three lined up at the same side

Subaru wouldn't give it an FA20F and Toyota was cucked by joint development contracts.

>5A-GE
Lol
There was a 5afe years ago
It would (should) have been something simular to the 2ZZGE
OP i dont see the problem. Just the pancake motor

>no ecoboost

Built for kids

>>Subaru has best shifter
The shifters are identical you dunce.

It all went wrong when shitters said it needs a bigger engine, more power, forced induction, nicer interior, double wishbones at the front and should be cheaper and lighter.

All it really needs is the torque dip removed and maybe a bit more power, although nowhere near the HURR DURR IT NEEDS 400 RWHP OR BUST, GET ECOBOOST INSTEAD.

Seems fine to me.

Costs just a bit more than a piece of shit Civic SI,lighter than a shitty ecoboost,not FWD,very nice driver feel,great aftermarket. Only other logical option in pricerange is Miata or WRX. Good luck finding a clean one is 10 years considering the new 17' model looks uglier

It's just too heavy. That's my only real gripe.

>It's just too heavy
since when is lighter than 2800 lbs HEAVY

It should be under 2000 lbs tbqh famalama ding dong.

Too heavy for the motor size, not amazing suspension, didn't feel much different than driving a corolla.

The SFR has a chance, but they better tune up the engine before they bring it state side.

I just wish they hadn't partnered with 'baru and taken that stupid boxer.
Boring ass motor.

And there's the miata, which is a better option.

>not amazing suspension, didn't feel much different than driving a corolla.
One of the lowest centers of gravity in any production car, best handling in its class and the class above it. You have shit taste if you think it doesn't feel good.

>SFR
Literal toycar that will never be shipped outside of Japan.

Automatic option welcomed in the poseurs who give it a shit rep on the road.

NA boxer in a Toyota, RWD in a Subaru. It should've been split up between the two properly instead of just being rebadged. Imagine a 3S or 4A model in RWD under Toyota, or AWD models with the FA20T, EJ, or a H6 engine from Subaru.

Granted it'd never happen; why eat into WRX sales?

when toyota took subbie over yamaha

Let me borrow this thread for a second, what's the green gunk on the throttle housing? The car is up for sale for 9,000 € at 43,000 km. No crash or damages, warranty for another year and 2 sets of wheels (summer and winter, both on Toyota alloys)

Algea

Or degreaser

Why in the name of the Lord would either be there and only there?

>Automatic option welcomed in the poseurs who give it a shit rep on the road.

That's a new one to me.

Where the hell do you live? Norway? Why does an engine bay look like that when the car is so recent?

Germany, it's 4 years old and looks worse than the engine bay of my 8 year old car. The rest of the car looks absolutely mint though, including the interior.

Nowhere, you're all looking at this from the wrong perspective.

We're slowly working our way out of the age of econoboxes and minivans badged as SUVs. Driving is moving away from becoming a chose and becoming something fun again. The FR-S is a joint venture by subaru and toyota to test the waters before they try making cars for enthusiasts again.

At least that's what I'd like to believe.

Why are you selling it?

I'm not selling it, I'm interested in buying it.

interior looks like a knockoff mustang

Think about it, user. Someone who doesn't give a shit about driving but wants to look the part. What better option is there than the most affordable sports car on the market?

He doesn't know the difference between FF and FR, or what a boxer engine is. It's a 2-door coupè and it's new, but won't cost a limb.

He'll proceed to race it at the lights and have a whinge about it's stock speed, but if anyone asks him if it's fast?

>"Yeah, it's fast."

>Someone who doesn't give a shit about driving but wants to look the part. What better option is there than the most affordable sports car on the market?
An ecoboost mustang.

Anemic motor.

170hp to the wheels is pathetic for a 2010s car. Not asking for crazy numbers or forced induction, but a genuine 200hp at the wheels (same as rsx type s) should be perfectly doable.

At this point I'd just like a hardtop miata.

Alright, fair point. Though outside the US market it's not an option yet.

But wouldn't the V6 be the poser model? The EcoBoost makes me think of an American version of the Silvia, meaning plenty of chopped up ones in the future and a handful of V8-killing monsters on the roads.

>ecoboost mustang
buy a V8 or neuter yourself faggot

>"the GT86 tries very hard to re-educate a generation of hot-hatch motorists on the joys of rear-wheel drive. And it succeeds, by being exciting, relatively cheap and accessible to mere mortals."
Civic drivers will never understand this.

This

peeps in USA are only concerned about big numbers. big numbers > small numbers

Nobody gives a fuck if it's fun to drive, they just wanna see that swingin dick

No wonder, considering pic related is a typical American road.

Having to put a 4.30 ratio and prius tires to have any amount of fun just shows this car is a turd.

What do you find fun, user?

Well considering I put the stickiest tires I could on my car and still call it fun, I'd say that may not be what it's all about. I find it embarrassing that Toyota put Prius tires on them.

Boost and high-power is fun for sure, but I find carving corners much more enjoyable

>Having to put a turbo or a V8 in a car to have any amount of fun just shows these cars are turds.

>anything is bad

This kills the 240SX.

>240SX
Having to drive your car sideways to have any amount of fun just shows this car is a turd.

Are you the same retard claiming Toyota should develop a "3JZ" for the new Supra?
This. The 5A has been done... And it sucks.

Is this bait?

Not saying your wrong I just find it hard to believe that it's the people who bought the automatic version that are single-handedly tarnishing the image of the Toyobaru or that people that got the manual can't be posers that are killing the whatever street cred that the car may have had.

power drop in mid rpm and prius tires, to make mpg standards.

It costs as much as a used Nissan GT-R in my area.

I could pick up a brand new Porsche GT3 RS for that money tbqh

Nothing went wrong. It's the best new car of its kind at its price point right now.
>inb4 Miata
Trans failures
>Fiata
Maybe, but it costs almost 30k to get with the LSD that you get in the 25k Toyobaru.

>killing whatever street cred the car may have had
The only place it has been tarnished is on Veeky Forums, who cares more about bench racing than enjoying a car. The rest of the world still likes it.

This

If I had one I'd probably put cheap knockoff tires on it and drift into corners going 20mph

I bought my FRS new almost 3 years ago. There still isn't a new car under 30k that I would rather have.

It's not a god machine, but it is an affordable drivers car that you can drive to the limit on a daily basis without ending up in prison.

If they ever make a STi version I would probably trade it in though.

>starting price slightly too high
>no turbocharged option
>front axle has positive camber, not adjustable without buying camber plates which are difficult to install legally in some countries

Well they made a tS model

Not available in the states. Although it looks like Subaru is going to bring it over here though.

I like the tS, but I don't think I would trade in unless they made something with more power from the factory.

I will probably just use tS parts and get an edlebrock supercharger for my frs

>Merc S Class tires

I think he meant shift knob. Chill

It can't for an import unless the make it like camrys by loophole factories lowering the price.
It only could start at 22k is the lowest it can go before it is sold for less than what income you need to keep building it. You bus riders really don't understand the minimum cost to build a modern rwd car. It aint hard to find this info.

It also added 3k to the msrp in japan.

Expect 21k msrp as final. They are trying but the engine is gonna be shit though i can see f22c(s2k) swaps becoming a thing with them if the come out.

More like it wont come even close to hype because bs toyota price reports.