What the hell happened? Trucks used to look manly and badass, now they all look like garbage

What the hell happened? Trucks used to look manly and badass, now they all look like garbage.

The problem is that neither of those cars have ecoboost

american truck still look great and are very nice now, unfortionately people don't care about cars anymore so they just buy cheaper jap shit

Trucks turned into girly weebshit?

Theoretical top speed on a 1980-86 bronco is 87 mph, because it has the aerodynamics of a brick.

Now they're sold to roid raging compensators and are intended to look like their owners

Back then: US market
Now: World market

Those cars have to appeal to literally everyone, everywhere, hence they look like 10 times sucked candy

>toyota
>cheaper

Tacoma isn't world market, it's Toyota's lower quality higher margin pickup aimed squarely at Americans

Pretty sure the only world trucks of note are the Ranger, Frontier, Triton, Hilux, etc. Aka trucks deemed too small and trucklike for the US market.

I know right? Old ford style>new ford style

memes

Although i agree old American trucks looked sex. You want sit there and tellme that they are trying to bring back that old boxy look, without getting raped by emission standards and shit. Pic related. Chevy trying to bring back that square look

Are you drunk or delusional? Not many vehicles resale value equals a Tacoma, it's borderline Boomer "I know what I got" territory.

These pics makes me want to fingerbang a highschool cheerleader on the seats and go skinny dippping in the moonlight.

I like Fords up to the 9th gens.

What I really hate are the new superduty's, ugly as fuck.

Looks like shit. Front five feet high before the hood even begins. Ground clearance that used to be common for cars.

> Not getting the offroad package
Dude just relax man, they have to do all that gay shit because of emissions and safety standards, they are trying to bring it back and no one appreciates that shit, what a shame.

>using last gen Tacomas as "now"
k

It's my current project.
Not fingerbanging a cheerleader or skinny dipping, fixing the truck. It should be running soon! :D

>tfw you bought the truck that started the decline of the sqaure look

I'm turning it into a beast now though

one looks like what youd get if you needed to make up for a lack of something

one looks like a modern pickup

old trucks lack styling of any sort

Congrats man, looks bitchin'.

Thanks, believe it or not I actually got the truck for free. I was cleaning scrap from a place for some people and it was going to the crusher. I took it home and got a bonded title for it because the original owner died and the people who had the truck never got the title. Putting a 460 with 30k miles in it

do i have to say under every my post that I'm from yurop

>implying most trucks arent bought by either americans or terrorists (both of which arent mutually exclusive)

Good catch. I'm sure the previous owner is giving you a thumbs up from heaven, haha. Can you tell someone who knows fuck all about fixing cars how much time a project like that takes up? Is it a few hours every weekend kind of thing?

How does a bonded title work?

My brother got a piece of shit, and it was abandoned on a property. He bought it off the guys cleaning the property.
It will definitely need a bonded title, just interested in what all you had to go through.

California also?

Well, I work on it a few hours every day after work. It slowly but surely gets done.

I'm in Wisconsin. It might vary state to state but what I had to do is call the state and ask about a bonded title. They sent me a packet of info on how to obtain one. I followed the packet. It included things like taking pictures of the vehicle, getting a police officer to come down and check the VIN to make sure it wasn't stolen. The vehicle didn't show a lien as well, so that was good. The state then told me I needed to get a bond. They recommended I talk to my insurance first, but my insurance didn't do bonds so I went through this place called suretybonds. I sent the bond into the state with about 70 dollars for the title fee and got a bonded title. In 5 years I'll get the actual title if no one claims the vehicle within that time.

Oh, I forgot to mention that it will take a huge amount of time. It took me about 6-8 months to get it all done and settled. Sorry if I forgot any steps, it was a while ago after all.

(pic is truck just after getting it)

>both of which aren't mutually exclusive

ok you edge overlord. you must be a riot at parties

Gmt900 is my favorite. The new ones look like they'll be dated quickly -- whether or not they're seen as shit or timeless is up for grabs.

fuck it's come a long way (and has a long way to go)

good on you man

No

>"Now"

Your meme has been obsolete for almost 2 years now.

Thanks man, motor, transmission(automatic), and transfer case are in their final places. Just exhaust and wiring to do

The new Silverados did remind me of the older Chevy and GMC pickups because of the resemblance in design. Up until the recent facelift swept over.

GMC is not Toyota.

Needs more square

The new tacos are god awful ugly, same with gmc
I'm with op. I want squares back

I think every car that went with the BIG HEADLIGHTS WIDE EYES trend looked like poop. I'm so glad that trend is over.

Seriously, almost every car around the mid-2000s looked so terrible, regardless of the class. I think were finally out of the automotive dark ages.

ass blasted DYEL detected

>used to look manly

the 2000s were objectively the worst for car design no doubt about it

>tfw 2nd gen Rams were modeled after semi trucks of the 50s

Oh yeah.

Wat

PT Cruiser's big brother?

The Durango was bad, but it was nothing compared to this.

2000's were bland round things, but at least angry mc huge grilles hadnt taken over.

Something like a 2000's taurus actually looks pretty decent compared to it's next decade makeover.

Jeeps had gone all soft and round, but hadn't become minivans yet

2000's car design was really just the natural evolution of 90's rounded car design, only with a bit more direction.

it's 2010's car design that so far is garbage with angry headlights, huge grilles, and regulation mandated 5 foot high front hood

>not manly

Being a suburban cowboy isn't manly.

The new GMC's look like shit.
The new Chevy's look great.

looks like a high koala bear

>it's 2010's car design that so far is garbage with angry headlights, huge grilles, and regulation mandated 5 foot high front hood

Nah, just Toyota and their subdivisions.

>Only poor people can be manly

k

Just fucking awful.

>it's not a shop

I'm sure you were too ass mad to see that I never said that.

That cummins diesel tho

Them headlights.

They must be close to being a foot tall.

>Can't afford to live in a nice suburb

honestly it feels to me like we might be on the path to recovery. I mean look at this. it isnt too angry, the grille isnt too huge, it might have a government mandated moon high beltline, but overall, its not that bad

>being this mad

I like the Impala, but it's looking kind of dated now that GM has abandoned the slabsidded design.

>Is poor

Nice, the Buick Civic

Not even close, user.

Oh, no. You called me poor.

Tail lights are the same shape

>owns that truck
>lives in suburbia
>shortbed

lmao

Watch out. He's going to call you poor now.

Oh yes, actually.

Not even close, user.

I think Nissan scum guy is rubbing off on me.

Everything they make looks awful.

> 2017 Maxima
> 2017 Accord redesign
> 2017 TT
> 2017 SL
> 2017 Fusion
Nah. Shit's still about huge grills and angry looks

So much manly damage control. I take back everything I said.

It's just getting worse.

Oops, wrong post.

the new superduty is fantastic dude

Mmmm.. The Super Duty's new design sorta grew on me actually. But it still looks awkward as hell if you look at it from the front, especially with the dually.

IT just doesn't look right. Why do the headlights reach towards the bumper? There should be a fill panel there. Never know when a tow strap will snap and destroy a headlight assembly.

i dunno man, i kinda like the new tacos. they're somewhere between old school square and futuristic. the interior is firmly meh tier though

Can someone explain the trend towards ridiculously tall beds to me? Why would anyone want a truck with a bed at shoulder height or higher? Why is it no longer possible to buy a truck you can load from the side?

those look fucking ridiculous with a chrome package. chrome fucking everywhere. i like the new f150's but that shit is butt ugly

I have a solution for you.

Buy an old truck bitch

pickups are gaining popularity in Yurop, partly because the pickup market is more interesting now than it was before

Trucks are not for "men" now. They are for cucks that pretend to be men. They are like beards. You can have the fullest beard and the biggest truck but your skinny jeans, manicure and starbucks latte give you away for the effeminate bitch you are.

trucks arent for work

theyre status symbols

welcome to pop country redneck macho bs

I guess that applies to America, in my country most of the pickup sales are to companies and entrepeneurs.

Mostly because the Murrikan pickup lifestyle mentality is slowly seeping over.

lol who told you this?

I see less pickups than I have ever seen lately

I'm sure that mentality is showing up in small amounts, but like I mentioned here most of them are used as work cars.

My guess is trucks are no longer primarily utility vehicles, so they lost the plain jane, tough look. Now they're just transportation vehicles for people who don't want a car or SUV, for whatever reason. It would explain why most "trucks" nowdays are 4 door short bed things. I don't believe I've seen a new two seat truck.

Seriously, the base models look way better than the higher trim ones.

What the fuck is even going on with this front end?

>I guess that applies to America

pretty much

trucks are like what muscle cars were in the 60s and 70s

its what people think are "cool"

most people just
buy a black truck
tint windows and various gaudy mods
lift it
put retard expensive wheels and tires
bonus points if its a diesel

proceed to drive around the city and the mall

Litter ally looks like an autistic bulldog

Its an omen.

maybe I was broadstroking a bit when I wrote Europe, because there's a lot of different countries.

it's gaining popularity in my country at least, in Norway pickup sales increased by 17% in 2015 compared to 2014