Recent work

What have you done to your vehicles lately?
Modification? Cleaning? Repairs

Share, show, ask and criticize!

Debating on replacing my u joints.

bled my brakes and installed stainless hoses. amazing difference on a 10 year old car. old lines were cracked and near failing

Installed new brake lines, hoses and calipers on my W108's front axle.

Is this a 1kd in an old hilux?

Nope, 2KD in a 2003

Got a little carried away while chain cleaning.

I'm trying to figure out why my aw11 is misfiring I've changed both spark plugs and wires and that wasn't the case hopefully it's just something like a vacuum line leak or a coil pack going bad. Yesterday I changed my beat to shit Corolla ae101 oil and oil filter.

That's unfortunate, we don't even get 2kds here. Then again we also still had L motors in hiluxes in 03

I'm not sure if I could get a 1KD approved in my HiLux. HiLuxes were only offered with the 2KD after the 2L ended, but the Prado has been using the 1KD so I don't see why not

It would be nice with a bit more power, sure

Didn't AW11's have a problem where they would "eat" the connection points inside of the distributor?

Yea but I forgot if it happened only to the supercharged version or the NA. I have NA

Could be worth checking out tho

My 2010 Xterra is in the shop right now for a new clutch and flywheel. Clutch is completely worn down to metal, clutch housing is burned purple from the heat, and the dual mass flywheel is fuckin broken.

36k miles total on the thing. I'm pissed. I babied this thing, never towed, never off roaded... only owner. Bullshit Nissan with their shitty power train

>clutch is shot
>one owner
>36k

Sounds like operator error.

instead of doing the valvetrain work it needs, im dicking around and sanding down the valve covers instead

dey don have 2 be pretty

you all sand? i threw them in the sandblaster and i was done in less than a minute.
you must like hard work more than most people

i used an orbital actually. its grueling work but the end result is more satisfying, at least id like to think so.

in fact i actually did the whole car like this. and its slick like sin

I installed underglow

Replaced the ICM, rotor, and about to put a new coil in this boat anchor. Really should dd something else...

nah apparently later model nissan xterras and frontiers were shafted and had clutches/trans systems pulled from the 350z, far far far too small for such a large vehicle and they are known for premature failure

That's what I was going to do but how does one do that I tried YouTube but Still nothing and I be tried google

Cranking but won't start ATM. Just replaced the fuel filter like a week ago. Bout to part it out and take the loss. Or light it on fire

Have you changed the starter or charge the battery?

Last bit of work I had done was a respray in the same colour just to freshen up the 18 year old paint. And a new bodykit as the old skirts were riveted onto the oem skirts, and the rear pods and front lip were both cracked and damaged.

This was the last thing I did recently, about 3 months ago now.

>crate 350
>new everything besides power steering pump
>tranny rebuilt
>headers/exhaust

Well, replaced the heater core last month, that blew 5 days after, so there's that, replacement is sitting on a shelf because I've been lazy.

Next is full suspension overhaul....soon.

>drop spindles
>drop springs
>ball joints/tie rods
>bushings
>new swar bars
>new rear springs
>flip kit
>bolt-in mild c-notch
>shocks

Probably missing some shit, but it's gonna be so much nicer.

Yea they're both fine, cranks forever just won't fire up

Installed Walbro 400lph and tgv delete

Put a fixed bucket Recaro in

Getting ready to do coil packs and plugs tho, she's running like dog shit

>two batteries

removed my airbox cover for that sweet induction noise. also ordered a drop in filter because im a ricer faggot and i wanna make my ecobox sound fast

This old beast
>changed battery, has been sitting for 15 years
>4 new tires, probably will have to take a few tires back because of wheel corrosion
>hand pumped the old gas out, tried to put in new gas, most of it fell to the ground because the nozzle on fuel cans are too complicated for me to understand
>New air filter, will get a new one since the current on is Fram and it broke
4 new spark plugs, gonna clean the threads

What I need to do-
>pour some oil in the cylinders
>pour in more gas
>test out the schrader valve to see if I gas pressure
>hope that it will start up.

Just bought 2001 civic with hole in rad and blown headgasket and bad starter for $100. Got all the parts including complete engine out of wrecker for $430. Put it all together and sold for $2500