How retarded am I?

Veeky Forums how retarded am I for buying a 1988 Ford Bronco for 1800? has 200k miles, 4x4 and registered?

Can it drift
Also slam it

Can you drive?
Also bus passes are half off.

Not that retarded. Wouldn't be that bad if it has a 351 or is stick

Its an auto, Im kinda hoping a 302 instead of the 351W.

It's a neato truck. Are you gonna be using it as a daily driver?

Good deal actually.
Drop a 5.4 in it, and an a/t with pump. Jack it up, put paddle tires on it. Climb anything.

Not daily, but a little weekend rig and a get to work in snow mobile.
I mean maybe when it dies but Id rather do a disel swap.

Still, get a fluid pump and cooler for your a/t. It'll have you climbing sky scrapers.

Fuel mileage is 13/17 with the 5.0 auto, 11/14 with the 5.8 aurto. 14/15 with the straight six and automatic.

Good truck overall.
Tighter turning radius than a hilux extended cab short bed.

A lot of lift kits are garbage (rough country).
Rancho has a decent kit if you go with the extended radius arm version.

High end Autofab kits are godly- modified traction beams so no drop brackets.

They come from the factory with coolers, although swapping it for a larger model is always good.

Why would you put a disgusting modular in it instead of a keeping the based sbf?

If it's clean and rust free, you stole that thing. Bronco's have been skyrocketing in price the last few years. Keep it clean and the mods tasteful and you can probably make a profit when you sell it.

Op here, so what you guys are saying is buy it? even though it has cray miles on it?

Don't mean to hijack this thread but I've been looking at buying a Bronco myself. Are they generally pretty solid or are they giant pieces of shit?

Miles mean nothing. It's a 30 year old truck, it's going to need work regardless.

Go look at it and see how it drives.

Yes

>200k is cray miles

not even close. It could go double if well maintained

Yes
Very solid.
Avoid 1980 models, they had issues with frames cracking due to pressure points and lightening holes that didn't play well with the new ttb suspensions.
They're good trucks.
Parts are compatible with a lot of other fords.
They're basically just short wheelbase F150's
Interiors were refined as they progressed of course- like any manufacturer.
Earlier models feel archaic.
78/79 was the largest.
80-86 was one body style
87-91 gen 4
92-96 gen 5 (last)
87 was the start of efi.
96 was only year of mass air, rest are speed density.
Chassis are basically the same from 80-96. You can swap doors and front clips and such, just have to be aware of what lines up (dash>door panel, fender wheel openings shaped differently).

Oh ya, the last models before efi had "electronic feedback carbs", the system is a bitch if its not functioning properly- in case you live in a state with smog inspection.

How do I get a solid axle dana 44 swap, what truck do I steal it from?

No no don't put the pile of shit known as the 5.4 in it. Just keep it small block ford...if it has fool injection then just keep it running even though ford efi is gay as fuck.

You don't really want diesel in it either imo no diesel will swap right into it unless it's a 4BT and then you'll just be disappointed, and I like diesels at that.

Most people do the dana 60 swap from an F250.
They went to radius arms/coil springs (forget what year) so its a much easier swap than doing leafs.
Or just get a 78/79 with a solid axle front.

You can get a Toyota for 1800, no need to shit on yourself with a Ford.

Do it faget. These rotted out and none are left where I live. Solid trucks

Yeah thats carb and has even more miles...

Only pic on google with brown and white bronco since I haven't seen this one in person yet.
Also what trans came in these? I know its usually 302 or 351W for a motor but unknown about trans.

Toyota didn't make a Bronco.

Also theres no other name for the Ford AOD? for the 302?

Depends on the year, but either the m5od, aod, aode, or the s5-42 I think

Well i know for sure its a 1988 Auto but idk if that comes with the C6 it cant be the e40D because its not an 89, so I guess the choices are the C6 if its a 351W and a AOD if it's a 302 right?

Theres also a fair amount of options/trim levels.
For 88 I believe there was:
Custom
Xl
Xlt
Eddie Bauer.

Engine/transmission is independent from trim level.

Also had internal spare tire mount, sunroof, and possibly different pumper options.

So all broncos are not created equal- a "custom" trim level having manual window cranks compared to Eddie Bauer that had power everything, including mirrors.