Hey o, what would be a reasonable offer for this build (please no flaming, car is meticulously maintained and tuned)?

Hey o, what would be a reasonable offer for this build (please no flaming, car is meticulously maintained and tuned)?

2005 Honda S2000
Mileage: 85,xxx
Asking price: $22,000 or Best Offers

Supercharger Setup:
-Science of Speed supercharger with Paxton Novi 1220 blower. 3.0 pulley with roughly 300 HP (conservative tune)
-Has an aftercooler upgraded exchanger for additional cooling
-AEM series 2 EMS ECU eTuned by Evans-Tuning
-Tial Q Blow off Valve
-Science of Speed 3 BAR map sensor
-Injector Dynamics 1000cc injectors
-Walboro 255LPH Fuel Pump
-AEM wideband and boost gauge with A pillar setup

Engine / Alarm Modifications:
-Viper 2 way pager with extra sensors installed. Prox. Tilt. Kill. ect.
-Greddy Go Tuning Spectrum Elite V2 Dual Exhaust with Burnt tip 70mm to dual 60mm
-Invidia 70mm straight pipe
-K&N filter
-Alloy Craft radiator cooling plate
-Custom Oil Catch Can
-Oddesy lightweight battery
-Carbon fiber spark plug cover
-Engine dress up bolts

Exterior / Interior Modifications:
-ASM style front bumper
-OEM rear spoiler
-OEM CR side markers
-Gorilla Seat locks
-Moddiction Anvil Polished shift knob 1 lb with upgraded Moddiction 3” shifter Extender
-Moddiction Convex blue tinted mirrors
-Spoon Sport blue wide rear view mirror
-Pioneer Single din deck with Bluetooth capability (upgraded to work with oem panels)
-LED hyper white interior dome light, reverse lights, and side lights
-slightly new oem floor mats
-Radio short stubby antenna
-OEM windshield sun shade

Wheel / Suspension Modifications:
-Enkei RPF1 (17x9 +45 square)
-255/40 RE-71R tires LIKE NEW (has less than 1k miles on it)
-Hub centric rings
-Project Kics R40 neo chrono lug nuts
-Challenge COMP Coilovers 16 level adjustable dampening
-Science of Speed SS brake lines
-Science of Speed SS clutch line (not installed)
-Hawk HP+ Brake pads front and rear (not installed)

Other urls found in this thread:

s2ki.com/s2000/topic/903878-how-much-did-you-pay-for-your-used-s2000/page__st__1200
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bout 350

>modified Honda
Well the paint does look nice. A good S2k is worth $15k, and it would probably cost $8k to get it back to stock, so I would pay no more than $7k

$7000

That car is massively overpriced. Have a look here for what people are actually paying:
s2ki.com/s2000/topic/903878-how-much-did-you-pay-for-your-used-s2000/page__st__1200

>m-muh mods increase value!
No they don't. It's worth whatever the idiot that thinks he's getting a good deal is willing to pay.

There's literally no way to calculate a "fair" value for such a heavily modified car. Certainly the seller has put more into it than that but that's the nature of car mods, you don't do it as an investment. On the other hand, an insurance company would set the value insultingly low like $8,000 or less.

Ultimately, your job is to figure out what the LEAST the seller will take. Unless you're the seller then your job is to get as much possible exposure to find some idiot who'll pay your asking price.

The car literally has almost every modification I was going to do anyways for less and was tuned by Evans tuning (one of the best tuners in the country and highly regarded in the s2k community)

I'm not walking away from, but I appreciate the feedback

I remember that post. It's for stock vehicles. This is high quality build of parts for a fraction of the price.

Where is your logic? Both are material with certain specs. Higher grade spec'd parts are worth more.

Is your mind stuck in the mentality that value is given by the OEM brand regardless of quality or performance?

Well you have to be somewhat daft to be interested in a car with so much work done on it when your goal is to have a stock car.

*this

Very true, but I'm saving money I would have spent anyways
I had the same feeling, just wanted to see what you guys would offer

Quit making excuses trying to justify paying $22k for an 11 year old 4 cylinder Honda. You asked what anons think the value is, anons answered, and of thread.

his mods aren't worth shit even if you wanted to do them

don't feel like you have to pay more. you have no idea the quality of this guy/shops work who installed them.

>roughly 300 HP (conservative tune)

So 60-80whp less than a stock Termi?

>implying there's a replacement for displacement

Go for it man the s2k is a sweet car good paint low miles and the mods you want. Ask him what his lowest price is and go from there. If you do buy it have fun man, the s2k is great fucking car.
t.ex s2k owner

This. You want a V8.

>22k for someones used shitbox
>"b-but my mods make it more valuable!!!"

>Ask what his lowest price is
>Millennials in charge of price negotiations

You offer what you think it's worth, that's all you do.

>I remember that post. It's for stock vehicles
There are modified cars there too, it's a big thread. Go back and read it again.

>This is high quality build of parts for a fraction of the price.
>The car literally has almost every modification I was going to do
It's good you found something you like, but that doesn't bump the value up more than whatever the guy could sell the major parts for even in the best-case scenario. Instead of overpaying, do some research on what modified S2000s sell for. It's very rarely more than what a similar stock example would get, especially with how the number of stock cars on the market is slowly dwindling.

>sk him what his lowest price is and go from there
This is a terrible idea.

For your mileage, excellent condition, black paint, basic options.

Supercharger would definitely add a bit onto that. I don't know the value of the exhaust system compared to stock or other parts for that matter, so it is tough to say how much value has actually changed.

Just remember for many mods, it also requires removing parts. So values even out, in some cases more or less than if stock.

Look what you can accomplish by using logic like a grown man.

And for your reference, this is the dealer range.

>excuses
I mean, if that's how you want to view it
You do have to be a bit crazy/stupid to buy a modified sports car above retail
I've been to Evans tuning and know him, as have many other people. High quality and reliability. Was going to go to him for the same tune.
Conservative is good reliability and learning. With a different pulley you could easily be 500+ (not that I would).

$18.5

You're rolling the dice but if it's properly sorted that's a badass s2k

Let me TL;DR this for you:

BUY the car, it's clear you like it. But DON'T overpay when you don't have to.

>cuckcharged
Offer him 10k bevause a quality turbo setup isn't cheap

Also conservative tune either means his build is shit and the tuner doesn't want to push the limits of safety or he intentionally lowered the power output so he could flog the shit out of it without causing too much significant damage

>buying a shit box s2k instead of a real sports car for the price
That is super clean fd or mk4 money

>$18.5
Reasonably where I was in guessing. Will keep in mind
OK
From his post
>For sale is a great condition clean title 2005 honda s2000 in berlina black. I really don’t want to sell the car but priority is more important at the moment.

Maintenance, I change the supercharger oil every 4k miles and engine oil with Mobile 1 extended performance every 4k miles with oem oil filter. For the transmission and rear differential oil I used Amsoil fluids every 15k miles. For brakes I used the Super Blue oil every 15k miles. The car runs straight. All wheels are balanced. Everything works!

There is some minor imperfection on the exterior and interior of the car but its normal wear and tear throughout the years since 2005.
Below will be a hudge list of things i have done to it.

Reliability. I was gonna call the tuner Evan and cross reference the tune/build with him

And just to further add to this undervaluing people seem to offer, KBB is undervaluing my car by about $5000 for what I realistically found by dealers for not so special examples, and up to $10000 less than what some private sellers have for mint examples.

>300hp
>1000cc injectors

kek

what about a 2007 S2k with 22k miles?

jesse dont do it I bet he's got more than a hundred grand under the hood

>Novi 1220 blower. 3.0 pulley
>1220 blower
>3.0 pulley
>3.0

You must not be familiar with how supercharger's work. It's tuned conservatively- key word.
That kit is meant for 450+ hp applications with that blower and supporting mods.

you must not be familiar with how tuning works.

>tuning conservatively

they "key word" only means it has a little less ignition timing. thats worth 150hp? OK.

>what is a plus sign
>what is power to weight

450 is still conservative, 300 is extra

you think it has 450 total instead of 300 total

kekiest of all keks

and power to weight has anything to do with what we're talking about? moving field goals much?

Thanks for all the input o. I'm gonna contact him tomorrow and make an offer.

Informing, not arguing. You can do your own research now.

let us know how she goes, also, bumping

Remember, values are personal expressions, just as morals are.

If this can't follow that rule, then nothing can.

People didn't pay for water years ago, but today they do.

Just as aluminium was worth more than gold, now it is scrap.

I agree OP after going over the list of mods the car is pretty much complete except maybe dynamat the whole interior and doors inside and under the trims

>$22,000
>For a 10 year old car
>with 85000miles

TOP KEK

What would you buy for 22k?

If you buy it post here or in a new thread

I wouldn't pay for fucking well water. Aluminum became easy as fuck to manufacture.

same $7k.

Mint as fuck series 8 type rs rx7

Just chiming in to say 18 is expensive by about 4k, he won't take it though cuz I know wut I got