Are Elises elite?

What does Veeky Forums think about Elise?

Other urls found in this thread:

teknikensvarld.se/algtest/
youtu.be/zaYFLb8WMGM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Faggot supercar get a Factory Five GTM instead.

Anyone who would not want one is afraid of driving and/or has Oppositional Defiant Disorder.

Tiny plastic POS with a Toyota Matrix engine

Its good at what its supposed to do and thats it.

Fuck off, tripfaggot.

flamboyant miata for buttertooth brits

This

As much as I love the Lotus Elise, the best version of it was badged as an Opel or a Vauxhall.

This. GTM is love. GTM is life. GTM is the same damned price.

Or maybe they've actually driven one instead of jerked off to pictures of them, and realized they are a cheap POS that's worse than an NA Miata in every way

They aren't "supercars," but their handling and cornering make them fun as hell to whip around here. Although as for the people that drive them, "What kind of asshole drives a Lotus?" -Julian Casablancas

Would rather have an Exige desu senpai

It helps if you're a manlet

>725kg

It is meant for fun, I wouldn't expect it to be comfy nor want it to be.

OP here, lel 5"8" reporting. DGAF

Isn't that short, still taller than most girls. Just think about how it would feel to be sub 5'.

The interior dimensions aren't even the issue. It just doesn't do anything that an early Miata or MR2 can do with some nice tires and damping, but it's more of a PITA to work on and you are fucked if you crash it. It's a cheap little toy that's expensive to buy and difficult to rebuild, so it's not that good for track/autox, and obviously not a good street car.

The best fun car. Not good at anything else.

I saw one being driven by a chick who looked like Hope Solo, so I like them.

early miata or mr2 dont to anything a civic can do with a little work.

memes aside youre totally discounting the stock weight of the Elise because...? early MR2's are still over a ton, and miata's never fared much better.

Just a glorified ZZW30

ahh. takes me back to grand turismo 2

>le IKEA supercar

5'8 masterrace here too. Would consider an elise/vx220 as my next car unless i feel i need more practicality (maybe cayman/z4 then)

>What does Veeky Forums think about Elise?
In 1997, the lotus elise had less slalom ability than the chevrolet cavalier 2.4 liter sedan as was published in a list of cars taken thru a slalom obstacle course.

The Elise is a striking car. It's exterior was designed to look that way. But to some people it also looks like it is trying "too hard" to look striking. That can be a turn off to people who don't like "over the top" looks and sharp edges.

>the lotus elise had less slalom ability than the chevrolet cavalier 2.4 liter sedan
And retards still say those Cav's don't handle well but drool over the thought of cornering in an Elise.

>In 1997, the lotus elise had less slalom ability than the chevrolet cavalier 2.4 liter sedan as was published in a list of cars taken thru a slalom obstacle course.
link to this? I wanna read that.

if we're talking about the S1 (which was current in 1997) they don't have sharp edges and i don't think they even look that striking

i'd love a S2 though

but they are so pretty under the skin

It isn't a 1993 Buick Century, so pretty negatively

I like this meme. Here. Have a Century.

cool

slaloms and such are pretty wierd

A swedish car magazine has a ranking for the moose test (similar to a slalom) with all the cars they tested it with. The fastest they ever had was a 1997 Citroen Xantia Activa. It did quicker than 996 GT2 and 997 GT2, Nissan GTR, Audi R8, Lotus Elise, etc.

Here's a link if you don't believe it:
teknikensvarld.se/algtest/
(click on Hastighet (km/h) to sort by speed)

my reliable dream car. it's essentially a sexier, lighter, more efficient porsche in every single possible way.

the evora is more like a porsche. it actually has some creature comforts.

Yes the lightness is a factor that other cars outside of old cars and an atom (etc) that can't take advantage of. There are certain circumstances near no other car can match it in. You have to know how to use your car to take advantage of every little attribute. That's how you win races. Knowing how to use your car.

Damn...

Since you couldn't even drive the thing to work, might as well just buy a Caterham or some other street legal go kart.

I really want the 2.2 NA version and slap on a supercharger kit.

>S2 Elise has always been my attainable dream car
>date a girl named Elise (twice); doesn't go well
>no longer want a Lotus

>This thing will decimate all after you dump about 5 grand into it
>overnight some parts from America if we have to.

fuck you're right
it just beats porsche in every single way except maybe interior design. but who the fuck on Veeky Forums even cares about that besides the faggot who started the "comfy insides" thread

(ignore the fact that it has like 200 image replies. it's just one guy with 199 proxies. i promise)

youtu.be/zaYFLb8WMGM