About to drop 30k on a new vehicle. I don't want any US domestics. Any reason why I shouldn't pick up a twin turbo 370z?

About to drop 30k on a new vehicle. I don't want any US domestics. Any reason why I shouldn't pick up a twin turbo 370z?

Other urls found in this thread:

cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/674595150/overview/
youtube.com/watch?v=0FTcr2IFeg0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Can you afford a new engine?

Yes, the car in mind is moderately tuned with the necessary supporting mods.

any aftermarket turbo setup is going to have more problems then an average car, that being said you can push 500 whp pretty reliably with a decent clutch so if you're prepared for any issues that may arise it's a pretty decent investment

Because you can get an R32 GT-R for less than that.

That's not what I asked you, can you afford to blow the engine in it if something does go wrong, or you feel the need for moar buust.

I will have a budget for that sort of thing. The car in mind makes 539 whp
I did consider an r32 GTR but I've heard they are money pits.

I said Yes.

Then why are you asking us, just get the fucker already.

They're only money pits if you hoon the hell out of them or over-mod them and drive it like a daily. They get bad raps because people buy them stateside, throw a huge turbo on it and blow something up because no supporting mods were done. People forget they're 25+ years old.

Get a GTS-t and have 18-20k leftover for something more sensible.

>r32 is a money pit
>wants an aftermarket TT car
Kek

I'm waiting for my insurance to total my Porsche.
I probabaly would hoon the shit out of one on the weekends. Lots of twisties and drag races.
Thing is I've heard they handle boost well.

Most kits are running 6-9psi. That's quite low boost.

True, I daily an R32 after I told myself I would only drive it a few days a week or only on weekends.
Oops

OP here.
I've also considered a 996 Turbo (high mileage one is all I can afford), Lotus Elise (I'm 6'3"), Porsche 997 (expensive and not much faster than a 996).

post pics of wrecked porsche

Are you looking at a weekend car or a DD?

Because for $30k you could build a monster of an SW20

Are you that guy that killed Paul Walker?

Too bad they are old and ugly. Ever seen their interior?

>ugly
That's some awful taste you got there

oh so beautiful. with a fisher price interior too. its not 1989 only a fool would piss away 30k on a weeb mobile

pic attached
weekend
Not the car for me.
Nope

>oh so beautiful.
Yup
Only a normie would care about the interior in a sports car
This idiot is going to spend 30k on a fucking pigfat modded 370z anyway

that doesn't look like too bad of an agricultural excursion.

why no interest in another cayman or boxster? also don't get a 997 carrera my 10 year old bmw beat my buddies.

>Only a normie would care about the interior in a sports car
Only a complete douche who purchases a car for the admiration of other males cares about the exterior of the vehicle. When you are actually driving it that is the part that matters least. Gotta look cool hard parking at your "meets?"

>5% all around so nobody can see my shit-tier interior.

meh that angle is not so pretty. did you understeer off a road or what?

Well unfortunately they said that it may have some frame damage. I will not know if it will actually get totaled out until tomorrow. I love the 987 but I feel like I would enjoy something new for a change.
Some asshole cut his grass and it was all over the road after a thunderstorm. I crested the hill and hydroplaned off the road in rural Indiana.

>This idiot is going to spend 30k on a fucking pigfat modded 370z anyway
That part I do agree with. 370z is pretty meh tier. Buying a modded car is fucking asinine.

so you bent two wheels and dislodged your weatherstripping?

And they totaled it?

Why? It's a lot of car for the money. Faster than an R35... huge aftermarket, cheap aftermarket. Confortable, reliable.

I doubt you have frame damage. Maybe fucked linkages and wheels

They said it has possible frame damage. When I went off the rear wheel struck a bank of hard soil and it deployed two airbags.
I'm just going with what they are telling me. the car is in a different state right now.

>Some asshole cut his grass and it was all over the road after a thunderstorm. I crested the hill and hydroplaned off the road in rural Indiana.
Fuck. I almost lowsided my bike that way. Of course it was a bike so the grass was dry but fuck those cocksuckers. Especially the ones who use a god damned leaf blower to push their yard waste into the road.
Too soft. I suppose if you wish to dump money in mods into it they are great, but in stock form they are pretty lame. I test drove one and was not impressed in the least. But yes, good base.

It's suppose to be illegal to leave grass clippings in the road. The police didn't care because they knew the guy. I would be talking to a lawyer right now if they decided to give me a citation.... but they didn't so I'm not worried about it.

The 370z I was looking at has about 29k worth of modifications on it. If I buy it I'll take off a chunk of them (fucking carbon fiber engine cover etc etc) and sell them and buy worthwhile modifications.

>deployed two airbags.

Ok that would possibly total it. that would require replacment of the entire dash.

Still doubt it would have frame damage, someone trolling Copart is going to score the big one with your car if it is.

If you guys have some other recommendations around the 30k range I wouldn't mind looking into them. No FWD, No domestics, No subarus, No N/a 4 cyl. No sedans. No rotories.

You could have a bangin' FD for that money

I should come out ahead if they total it. That's the only reason I'm not upset. In fact I'll probably get back more than what I paid for the car honestly.

I scared to own one. They are money pits.

I'm not saying it isn't a good value but my rule is never buy anything other than a stock car, preferably from the original owner. Every car I've ever modded I've done some jank shit to. No fun dealing with someone else's mess.
Considering you are coming from a non-S cayman this would be a definite upgrade. 0-60 of 4.6 sec, but not a huge amount of room for upgrading besides a low boost supercharger. The high compression engine is already pretty maxed out, though there are some guys who have put down serious power in M3s and Z3/4Ms.

Otherwise, I'd stick to Porsche or BMW. You really aren't going to be impressed with the finer details of a Nissan.

He's a friend of a friend. I've been told he's done things right. My Cayman was an S lol.

And you have the money for one, but I understand if it's your only car

Just single turbo swap it and delete all the vacuum shit. As long as you don't crank the shit out of the boost, the engine itself is good for 200k+ miles.

Ah the wheels threw me off. Regardless the Z4M is still slightly faster than the Cayman/Boxster S. I'd take a look at one if I was you. IMO one of the sexiest cars ever made.

Mind you I will be selling my Z4M for a Cayman GTS in a few years so take that for what its worth.

I had some rare discontinued SSR 3 piece wheels called GT-03s on my Cayman S. That's why they look a little weird.

Oh god I remember those three piece SSRs from way back in the day, those are old wheels. They looked like les schwab wheels considering they are now square and covered in dirt.

Sorry bro, hope your insurance covers those.

They can't even find a dollar value for them. They are so Rare now no one sells them. The normal fitments are rare, these were 5x130 which are pretty much non-existant.

Yeah I've never seen them on a Porsche before. 7-8 years...honestly probably longer ago (gotta love getting old) they were super popular in the BMW community. Hell, I think I have an old Eurotuner mag around with an e46 m3 sporting those.

Centers look salvageable, your barrels are not. Maybe contact SSR and see if they use the same i/o barrels for other rims?

Otherwise if they want comparable market value I'd look at old BMW classifieds on forums. You'll still get boned but at least its better than nothing.

Actually now that I thought about it, and as much as it kills me to say this...search Stancworks Classifieds. I'm sure you'll find some their in other fitments. Guarantee by now they are all bought up by that "community"

Yeah you're screwed. The good news is insurance will pay for a "like" replacement. Get a quote from SSR for a similar three piece wheel in your fitment and size and submit it to your insurance company. Godspeed porsche bro, and check out the Z4M. I think you'll like it.

Honestly I think OEM porsche wheels cost more anyway. $2700 for just those two wheels.

cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/674595150/overview/

Thoughts?

Shit ask for those then.
So that is an e89 (current model) Z4. BMW never made an "M" of that version. The e85/6 Z4M is more raw which is what I like, but that e89 is one hell of a car which I have considered purchasing. But as I said before, its kinda "soft." But I also think a Cayman S is soft and a 370z is very soft. The e85 Z4M roadster or e86 Z4M coupe is more of a race car than a street car. Its uncomfortable, the seats are too tight and hard, the suspension is aftermarket rough, its twitchy, its has a very aggressive LSD, and the car does not forgive you for your mistakes. But that is what I like in a DD.
youtube.com/watch?v=0FTcr2IFeg0
My only problem with the e89 Z4 3.5is (which is the best by far) is its a bit too GT, and it only comes with a PDK. Because of this, my next roadster will be a boxster.

Still tho, a great car. Waaaay more comfy than my pic related. Well worth a test drive, although I'd hold out for one w/o black leather. Imola or sepang is where it is at (mind you these are e85/e86 first gen Z4s i'm posting)

Guess it depends on what you want. Raw and unforgiving, or something that doesn't make your back hurt on a 200mi trip.

So that video pretty much describes the difference between your Cayman/Boxster S and the e85/6 Z4M. Depends on what you want. If you are looking for a BMW more like your Cayman Sthen the e89 3.5is you posted is right up your alley, and can be made a 400+hp beast easily with just a tune. Google JB4.

I just like cars that try to kill me when I treat them bad, and personally I will never buy a BMW that isn't an "///M", or Porsche that isn't an "S" or "GTx".

Before you decide, find a e86 BMW Z4M coupe and test drive it since I assume you aren't a roadster guy. Its a hell of a lot more car than the cayman, way better than a carrera, and better than a high mileage 911 turbo. For 30k the market is yours. And if you decide its too old, the e89 3.5is may be up your alley (but not that exact one, too expensive and lacking options).

Also cars . com or autotrader . com are extinct
Cargurus . com is the ONLY place to look.

gl on your car hunt and may your cayman s rest in peace

I've found a 2011 e89 35si for less than 29k with only 28k miles.

>trading german perfection for a shitty VQ that some boyracer modified to within an inch of its life
you're an idiot. get a used cayman or c5 z06 or c6 corvette.

test drive it. too soft for me, but like i said, i'm an auto sadist. with a bit of money that car would rape my Z4M sideways. Just know the e89 Z4 is more like your porsche than the Z4M. If you want something similar, it is a very, very good competitor. I'd kill for a retractable hardtop on my M. Pic related, car I almost traded mine in for.
He crashed his Cayman S. But I do second a the c5 z06 or a c6. Only American cars worth a damn. C5 interior sucks cock tho.

I assume you live in Florida? Yeah you're kinda boned then unless you want to wait 6mos to find the right e85/6 Z4M. Give the e89 Z4 3.5is a try, bet you'll like it. Otherwise go back to Porsche.

Ohio

Market is prime for e86 Z4Ms, e89 Z4 3.5is, and porches. You'll have no problem finding a replacement. Test drive them all tho.