How much street cred will a 6th gen celica GT (US spec) get me?

How much street cred will a 6th gen celica GT (US spec) get me?

Downsides

>fwd
>130hp stock

Upsides

>hatchback
>can find super clean ones for less than 2
>can turbo it pretty easily
>not a honda

Would you rather a celica or a prelude?

1st gen best gen

>How much street cred will a 6th gen celica GT (US spec) get me?

>Would you rather a celica or a prelude?

any Prelude over any Celica except 1st and 2nd

Zero, unless you're too young to post on this board

No street cred among stancefags or ricers maybe. Probably because the US never got the GT-four, so it was never looked as a serious platform, especially with all the FWD Hondas ruling the scene.

But don't forget that the celica comes from a wrc background. Even though the US spec only comes in FWD and the 2.2l 5sfe only makes 130hp, it can be easily modded to spank most of the Hondas out there.

While the 240hp 3s-gte turbo found in the Gtfour wasn't made available in the US , you can turn you 5sfe into a 5s-gte by simply buying a 3sgte head and a garret t3 turbo (and some other stuff I know, but I'm keeping it simple) the 3sgte head will bolt onto your 5sfe block no problem, I don't recommend using the stock 3s-gte turbo on a 5s-gte , as the 5sfe is a 2.2l so it would be better to use a t3. You can easily & safely get to 250hp without upgrading the internals.

Id rather have a celica than a prelude. The celica just looks nicer, weighs 500lbs less than the prelude. Liftback. And has potential as a sleeper since everyone looks down on it.

Prelude unless it's a GT4 Celica.

even if it was a GT4 itd be an ugly pigfat abortion

220HP NA Prelude is much more appealing

Dont listen to these morons.
Every single time anyone i know sees one they all say the same thing at the same time
>"Damn those look good"
Not once have i heard someone say anything bad about them except the lack of power.
But thats what the 3sge is for.

I would rather a celica.
>street cred
None.
I would get the previous gen or next gen, but that's because my current shitbox (integra) already has the bugeyes and those hidden pop ups are sex.
But desu why not look at an Integra?
It seems to be what you want, just without a Honda badge.

>220HP
No
>pigfat
Like the prelude?
Kek

>street cred

>not a honda
It's a toyota though.. Literally trash.
-1 street cred

>trying this hard to shitpost and instigate
Wew

Prelude is 3000lbs

Celica is 2400~

Hondafagbois out in full force.

>taking the bait this hard
Wew lad

>pointing out the bait is taking the bait

because 217 isnt close enough to round up

GT4s are like 300lbs heavier than Preludes

not to mention that awful awd handling sluggishness

Prelude is the much better car

>217
>in japan only
Fuck off bench racer

Celicafags everybody

they can pick their limited snowflake but no one else can pick theirs

dont be mad a Type S is better than that bugeyed shitbox

w/e Id take a 200hp model over a car that ugly with 400hp

US spec prelude is 200hp flat

>car driven buy ricers
>200hp
>FF

>better than

>literal WRC car
>245hp
>"sluggish" AWD

>hondafags everyone
Buncha bench racers
At least the alltrac was sold in the US and has racing history

you know your car is shit when the only defense you have is racing history

thats what I call benchracing

See

>realize you cant defend car
>damage control

yup I see it alright

your favorite car a shit even tho you will always be too deluded to realize it

I'd bet you'd take a prelude over a supra too.

This is why no one like Hondafags (except s2000 drivers, you guys are cool)

>he keeps trying to instigate
Youre trying to hard bud

depends

if I can sell the Supra then no

they are ugly pigfat cars same as the Celica

keep on damage controlling bud

>superior car gets ignored amidst tide of shitposting

>he keeps instigating
>he isnt even making sense

everyone knows the Integra Civic and CRX are the only FF Hondas worth fucking with

>Keeps saying damage control, even though he was thoroughly wrong and was shown so.
Wew lad

Wife's '98. Great car.

What's with the prodruding gasket?

Use a BEAMS head instead.

Beams is good option if you want a good NA option, although 3sgte can out perform it.

Don't even try to turbo a beams head if you're not well experience.

Plenty of people have turboed BEAMS engines. Power potential is lower because of the higher static compression but there's no reason you can't turbo it.

I know, it just wouldn't be (relatively) easy for a home garage build.

I don't think I've ever seen a 5sfe, BEAMS, turbo though. Most beams are 3s builds so it would be interesting as heall

I have the 3sge 170hp Celica GT (euro spec) and it's a fantastic car. It does get you *some* street cred. Especially among kids desu.

>5sfe
>beams
Is that even possible?

Personally I think the prelude looks vastly better as its more boxy and less of the awful rounded style that began in the mid 90's, however I'd need to test drive both to get a feel for them so I could make an informed decision.

Probably.

BEAMS was only made for the 2 liter 3sge, not for the bigger 5sfe.

Fwd celicas are a waste of time. Get the rwd or awd ones or get a honda.

So was the 3S-GTE. 3S and 5S heads interchange.

But what if a FWD celica is better than a honda?

They aren't. Toyota enthusiasts gravitate towards vehicles with higher potential so their fwd aftermarket is almost non-existent compared to honda

After market what exactly? Just because Hondas have more fart cans or cold air intakes, that doesn't mean celicas are stuck at 130hp.

The 3sge/5sfe have a shit ton of aftermarket and tons of build options.

Are you serious?

>After market what exactly?

Everything. You could probably build an entire civic using aftermarket parts minus the bodyshell.

Fwd celicas are a completely different animal. The vast majority of owners go "fuck this" and get a supra or mr2 or something. Honda owners are stuck with fwd for the most part and the aftermarket reflects that.

The celica shares an engine platform with the mr2 and high spec Camrys and altezzas.

The aftermarket is fine. There are several celicas making over 300hp on a stock 5sfe block with different heads and a tutbo.

That's not the same as honda aftermarket support where there's an entire industry dedicated to modifying your specific car all the way up to top tier fwd motorsport level.

You're basically cobbling together parts meant for other cars.

Celica owner here. The aftermarket for FWD 6th gen is completely nil. Funnily enough the aftermarket for 7th gen is actually much broader. All courtesy of TRD.

The origial question was, can a celica be better than a honda. Answer is yes.

I'm sorry there are few turbo kits, drop in built motors, full exhaust systems, or what ever else easy mode shit you're use to.

But the fact is that a celica can be built to compete with Hondas no problem.

any car can be built to compete with any car assuming you have enough fucking money.
It doesn't make you look any smarter to drop more than 6k in work on a celica to beat a bone stock integra with a supercharger and no supporting mods.

3sgte head costs 200$
3sgte headers cost 150$
3sgte stock turbo is 300$

All these are a direct fit for any 5sfe GT celica and can easy make 250hp without block or internal work.

You don't need 6 grand. The 5sfe and 3sge have tons of aftermarket support.