I want to start early this season, whats the best set of winter tires?

I want to start early this season, whats the best set of winter tires?

Blizzak WS80
Michelin xIce-3

Ask that norwegian guy

What about WS70, wasnt there some controversy with them?

>living where you need to buy winter tires

I like winterforces, cheap and last forever. Glaciergrips are ok too, dont last as long though.

I love being cold.

Blizzaks are good for one season, then the coating wears off, and they're shit.

They have zero durability. Get xIce 3's

nokian hakkapeliittas

>xIce 3
fuck off, that shit is garbage.

Any good winter tires BESIDES the Blizzak that comes in 205/40R17?

For those who buy winter tires, do you buy a set of steelies and keep the winter tire on those, or do you just keep the rubbers and swap them out at the shop?

>Winter forces
Although they've been the best snow tire I've used, I cannot stand how loud they are. They're great on the plow truck though. Won't put them back on the winter DD.

I ran Hakkapileta r2's last year. Got stuck in the driveway a couple times trying to leave for work. Never once had an issue getting stuck with the winter force.

But once again, noise.

I purchased a set of steelies. $120 to have them remounted and balanced isn't worth looking good.

I used Bridgestone Blizzaks.
I have nothing but good things to say about them.

Are studded i-pikes any good? I know they're probably not the best on ice but I drive a lot of fresh unplowed roads and need deep knobs.

it's literally the best tire you can buy but ok dude

>Vehicle never overheats
>All shit tier drivers end up in the ditches
>Mommymobiles or ricers almost never leave their driveways because summer tires
>Major events most times delayed/sometimes cancelled
>Never sweaty or getting my legs branded becsuse of hot leather seats
>Tools are never scalding hot
>Shitbox doesn't get vaporlocked
>Spend 30% of my days off doing snow donuts
Winter feels good, man

>Get a Snow storm
>Streets are abandoned
>Listening to the snow crunching beneath your tires as you prepare to do some hectic skids
Those winter feels mang

OP.

Always buy winter tires at the end of the season. If they don't have what you want then as early as possible. Prices jump or they're unavailable after the first couple snowfalls.

You two got it.

>Driving around with your girl catching a buzz pulling fools from ditches in the 4 wheel drive
It's a lot of fun.

steelies

Agreed, they are noisy, but they do go through seemingly anything even after 6 seasons.

How much for the 4? Also nice Vic, the aero vics are my favorite.

For the steelies? I had them laying around but they'll run you like $70 at the local yard for 4.

Plus they don't corrode as bad as aluminum wheels.

The aero is nice but I'm a box guy myself.

Winter is so much fun to drive in.

Drag slicks

I have a set of OEM wheels from when I went with a larger aftermarket wheel setup. I threw the snow tires on the stock wheels because I could get as narrow as 175 mm on them.

Fuck now I really want it to be winter... 4 more months until it snows here probably. I wanna do some snowy doughnuts and drifts

My car uses 16x6.5jj wheels, what does jj stand for?

>living in a place with winter
>not just putting sikk ass chains on your fucking tires

illegal :(

????
just sue them for your right to have chains

Depends on where you are and what you drive/size, as that determines availability

>$120 to have them remounted and balanced
What the fuck? Do you live in NYC or something? I've never seen anywhere charge more than ~$15/corner for mounting and balancing.

maybe he goes to the dealer.

Fuck now I can't wait till it's winter...

Conti WinterContact TS 850

Nokian Hakkapeliitta, alternatively Nokian WR D4.

I fucking love winter.

>driving on virgin snowy roads at 2am in the soul crushing quiet

I start driving my winter truck next week

Feels good lads

This. From Finland, from the company that invented the snow tire. Yes they are the most expensive. Poorfags need not apply

From what I understood blizzaks do better in deep snow while x-ice3 work better in commuter slush. I chose x-ice3 for my outback. Shits cash. 225-55r17.
I finally got a dedicated set of steelies.i can swap my own tires now which saves money and mounting/dismounting is not particularly very good for the tire wither.

They're also difficult to find if you live in the US. There are no Nokian dealers around here and they aren't sold online so I just settle with the mid tier generals

So my tires are P215/70r16. Can I get away with P215/60r16?

>Snowing
>Dress warmly
>Turn the heat to full blast
>Roll the windows down
>Drive
>Experience tranquility as you aren't cold or hot, its just perfect

Pirelli Scorpion

white steelies on 4x4s are my fetish