Do you guys think it is a good idea?

Do you guys think it is a good idea?

1997 E36 M3
>175k miles on body. No damage on body. >Small carbon fender flares for 275 tires all around
>Engine just rebuilt 5k miles ago
>5spd
>Koni shocks and HR springs
>ARP Head Studs - from ESC Tuning
>Complete Head Gasket Set - from ESC Tuning
>New radiator
>New power steering hoses

6 grand

Other urls found in this thread:

kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/5690413336.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>those fender flares

>No damage on body.
>Small carbon fender flares

Pick one. I can garunfuckingtee you that they weren't installed correctly in a way that will stave off rust.

Also that shit should have been rolled not flared, fitment is way off.

Ya I was thinking of that.
But this is one of the cheaper M3's in my area. Anything that costs less is completely trashed or being parted

It's a great idea at $3,500-.

Do you think this would be a good idea
kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/5690413336.html

Offer him 5k if he don't bite let him sit on it.

I have an option 2.
Basically the same (1998) (color and everything without shit arches) with 275k with recently redone VANOS system, sparks, fluids, gaskets, rebuilt 5spd, new tires, exhaust, factory wing, eurospec lights.

Considering labor time on rebuilding a BMW engine is 40-ish hours when its warranty time and not customer pay, and my dealership charges $135 an hour, there's either something terribly wrong or that engine wasn't rebuilt.

Get the 325is E30, it's in mint shape. Otherwise the E36 and take those gay fender flares off if they're not riveted or bolted on.

Well having been in the market both over 6 and almost 1 years ago, at private party prices, 6k would be a decent price if the body and interior and all is in good shape, because those flares definitely detract from value, so one can reasonably assume it is actually in bad shape but the owner is not willing to admit it.

With the other one, that price is great for one in good condition. After a certain point, mileage tends to stop having an effect on the price as much as before, so it is condition that determines it. If it is good, that is a great deal. Price could be in poor condition and be fair.

>buying a broken car
>even if it moves under its own power, its still slower than a corolla
Kek

>used BMW
>Do you guys think it is a good idea?

The car was never part of the straight line speed wars that govern people's thoughts today. The car is superb in handling, which is why it is so successful. Designers knew that balance was key to victory.

see Judging by the photos for option 2, the car is in pretty good condition

>still slower around a track
Kekekekekek

>20 year old BMW
>175K miles on most of the car
>6k
lol no

6k is a fair price with 300k miles in nice condition.

but it was still more successful than any weeb car ever made.
look it up

>arguing unironically with alphonse/corey

wasting your and my kilobytes

i'd still take the one with the fender flares solely if the motor was properly rebuilt (new bearings, all new seals, etc) and i can take those gay flares off without damaging anything

otherwise the e30, i'm tempted to fly and pick it up. thats a $7k car on the coasts op

yeah so like $500 of maintenance bullshit and new tires.

pretty hard to break the e36 zf 5 speed in the 328i/m3s, diff usually goes way before the gearbox

vanos is pretty uncommon to go on e36s, at very high miles and its only noticable from a lack of low end torque + rattling at idle

Thats not m3. M3 didnt come as sedan. Run. Run.

i never thought i would see the day in which a bmwfag would use a miatafag argument

absolutely hilarious

wrong

>advertise yuro m3 specs
>america

wew

you're thinking of the e46. e36 M3 sedans are pretty rare tho

except its not wrong

>2nd worst power/weight at 240hp/3250lbs
>still chosen over faster, more expensive cars (only base model boxster and corvette cost the same at $40k)

oh yeah

>e36 m3 never lost a magazine comparo during its whole production run

:)

Despite the production numbers, there are always a lot on sale. Though, whenever I see another M3 on the streets, it is a coupé. I used to have the sedan and felt the odd one out. Haven't seen an M3 cabrio in a while although I used to see them decently often, it is though they are all in dealerships or something.

Sedans are actually preferred in rally because the chassis is stiffer.

They were slightly narrower, which seems like a pointless production complication to have, unless it is in the fenders and not the chassis.

>the e30. thats a $7k car on the coasts
Coasties won't like the hail damage, faggot.

Its generally easier to find an E46 cabrio, I see those on CL beat to shit very often

desu I don't think ive ever seen an E36 M3 cabrio on the streets here in America.. Could just be me though idk

No, it isn't unless the car has been practically overhauled, you can get an e39 540i for that much with just over 130k miles

A 540i is not a M3.

There's a bunch of them that were made, something like 30% of them were convertibles. A guy on Veeky Forums owns a mint one in Maine he's had since 2006.

>hail damage
>literally $500 worth of pdr work at most cause it doesn't look noticeably golf balled
>when most e30s have no rockers and floors past the mason dixon line

lol

I'm tempted to fly down and buy it if I wasn't practically restoring my E36 M3. Fuck I'd jump on that in a heart beat, leave it as a time capsule or use my M3 as a parts car

>Paying more than 3k for a car with over 200k

Jesus why are you idiots so retarded, if youre asking if its worth it you cleatly dont have any mechanical experience so enjoy getting buttfucked when it brakes down

lel you don't know shit about cars.