Anyone else on Veeky Forums try to find people to race at night?

Anyone else on Veeky Forums try to find people to race at night?
I drive a Mitsubishi GT3000 VR4 and love to race

Other urls found in this thread:

indystar.com/story/news/2015/12/24/three-killed-including-child-southside-crash/77870870/
youtu.be/M56xsqtK-jE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What have you beaten and what have you lost to?
is your car modified?

The only races I've been in were when a friend tried to race a Camaro IRoc-Z in a Mercury Sable (we lost) it was at night and it was fucking hair-raising even though in comparison to what people would consider a real "race" we weren't really going that fast. first time I had been in a car going as fast as it could go revving as high as it could go.

Ive only raced my friend a few times
I drive an automatic 2000 oldsmobile intrigue
He drives an automatic 2002 volkswagen jetta turbo
I win every time
The only mod I put on it was a cold air intake, which gives me a total of 222hp, and his makes 170hp
The jetta is smaller and weighs less, and has AWD, and a dam turbo, but nothing can beat raw American horsepower baby WOOOO

i dont go out looking for races

i do go out looking to have an enjoyable drive tho....

>which gives me a total of 222hp

you dyno'd an oldsmobile intrigue?

If your going to race, go out and do it where people aren't going to get killed. Street racing in the city is for fucking retards.

indystar.com/story/news/2015/12/24/three-killed-including-child-southside-crash/77870870/

I live in the UK where everyone drives 1.2l Fiestas and Polos, so my Mini John Cooper Works does surprisingly well.

If anyone seems to want a race in something actually quick (usually e46 m3s driven by 30 year old chavs) I just pretend I don't race

Yep, I will race any chance I get
on the way to & from work whenever

To be clear, i'm no prude, I've run my CLK 55 had and motorcyles well past that, but I just don't take chances with other people around.

i only race feels

and despite 400 hp and almost as much torks, i'm yet to win

oh wow, nice meme

No it doesn't

Been in three races that I can think of
1st: in newly licensed friends extremely riced out celica gts, like fast and the furious riced. Pull up next to 09ish Mustang gt, start revving. Dude is with his gf, starts revving back. Light turns green and we rip away, he pulls up at the next red light, signals to roll down window, "does that thing have turbos or something man!?" "Uh no..." "well seems pretty quick, have a good one"

2nd: Just bought a 3g prelude, same friend is teaching me manual. See dude we go to high school with driving in 5th gen accord sedan with his 5yo brother. Both are encouraging me to race, agree but don't actually push it because I don't want the kid to kill his brother. He beats me and I pretend to care.

3rd: Brother drives me an hour away in his 2nd gen talon to get me a crx.
We do pulls on the highway the whole way back, he kills me everytime kek.

>gt3000
>not 3000gt

ricers are pussies

No, but they find me. I've gotten in an average of one race a week on my way home from work. IDK what it is. My car isn't even sporty

Spot the Mustang driver

Cold air intake does nothing. Stop listening to dumbasses and highschool kids

like the Cobra wheels lel

This senpai

I've raced:

A Prius
2003 mustang gt
2004 mustang gt
Pontiac G6
2014 Lexus ISF
2015 mustang GT
2010 V6 Camaro
2010ish BMW Z4
2013+ Kia Optima
2009 mustang GT (guy nearly killed himself and someone else because he was a dumbass)
Honda Civic when my car had 4 people in it
2010 Chrysler 300c (the 5.7l V8)
2011 Toyota Corolla
Two crotch rockets

I lost to the 2015 GT and the bikes (no surprise). Definitely forgetting some but I have some stories

>going fast in a straight line
>race
Pick one

>Racing bikes
Why would you do that. Even a shit tier mid 90's Katana 600 is going to smoke most cars.

I was out for an hour and a half looking for people to race (11:30pm-2:00AM).

I didn't find anybody but saw two bikes clearly hooning so I followed them and flagged them down for a race, because why the fuck not. I got raped, but we did fly down an 4 lane highway at 135mph. Pic related

Yeah, I do.
Nobody ever wants to

oldanon here

back in the day my friends and I owned British sports cars... MG's and Triumphs. About 11:00 at noght we used to go out on these windy country roads and race. very few houses around.

one night my friend in a TR6 was out ahead of me driving like a crazy man. Around a curve I lost sight of him and figured he was way ahead of me. Went home.

Next morning I swung over to his house and his TR6 was sitting outside his house with a big tree branch sitting through the windshield. Obviously he lost control on a curve.

No more racing for us.

>quick
>m3
My sides: Yurokek edition

Not everybody lives next to hurrdurrburgering

Race almost everyday if I can, no tickets yet
Any other kind of race not on a track is dangerous and underage af
Pls kys

Wait, TR6? How goddamn old are you?

I've been in a few, usually I pull up before things get too crazy though. I mostly go out for a solo hoon, but occasionally I'll do a stoplight drag on something bigger and unsuspecting after they've been eyeballing my car all light.

There is no awd jetta

It's a relative term, and I did say everyone here drives 1.2L hatches

>Any other kind of race not on a track is dangerous and underage af
This entire thread is underage af

Surprisingly beat a lot of people in this pile. You'd think for how common 350 swaps were in the turd gens that more people would expect them but it seems most thought it still had the v6 or 305

I can properly row my boat thank you.

Get out, I thought school was back in session?

>no u

>Any other kind of race is dangerous and underage af

kek usually the drivers that can only do pulls or stoplights are the ones that are the most dangerous.

Had a few twisty races the only people that go fast through corners and straights are immigrants most natives out are older dudes who go so carefully through corners you could smoke them with a daily beater.

That's ///M to you, buddy. Don't disrespect one of the greatest motor sports team in history.

This

People can tailgate me when I'm going 20 over but I always lose them in a turn

clever bait

>trying to smoke people at red lights isn't racing user

Yes.
I drive an integra and am a stereotypical Honda boiracer

>Racing in a straight line is more dangerous than a race on a twisty road

nice hoon set up bro. what size is the gixxer?

Recent "race"
I dive a 1985 mr2
>faggot in a 318i lane hopping like there's no tomorrow
>starts to tail gate me
>speed up and speed match with a bus so the fag cant get through
>solid lines on the left
>this does not stop the fuck boy
>he tries to pass me going through a lane where there's on coming traffic
> I floor it
>[high rev intensifies].jpg
>the fuck boy tries to catch up
>he was close but no dice
>we met at a stop light
>he has his window down playing some gay rap on full blast wearing a hat backwards
>looks at me all butt hurt
I yell out " hay what happened?" as I'm laughing
>light turns green
>he peels out
>I'm still laughing
And then I just continued driving normally

Nice, pics of engine bay?

driving my 318i
>some good sir in an mr2 in front of me
>driving 35 in a 50
>that's fair
>hes about to pass a bus but decides to speed match it
>I am content to follow
>momentarily swerve bc I dropped my ice cream cone
>he floors it
>I gingerly pass the bus at a gentle 45 being sure to respect the safety of all its passengers
>mr2 starts shooting a plume of white smoke
>traveling at the legal limit of 50
>mr2 nearly conks out as we catch up at a set of stop lights
>he shouts something at me but I can't hear him over the sweet vapor sounds of macintosh plus
>light turns green
>he pulls off into the shoulder in a cloud of white smoke
>I wave him a friendly goodbye as a fellow motorist

hope that fellow got home okay.

dont pay attention to the wording, because it isnt a 3000gt, it's a GTO

>Implying I don't take care of my shit box

It still gave me the kekles. In all seriousness what was bmw thinking
>150hp
>weighs almost 3 tons
That car is cancer compared to there other cars.

Shit, how much did you buy that for and what kinds of motorcycles did you ride?

I'll usually race anyone who wants to run it. Usually just random highway pulls though, nothing on the streets. I don't instigate, but will throw down with whatever late nights.

Reminder that if you don't race in the canyons, you're a faggot.

Straight line racing is basically pay2win.

This exactly. Why endanger anyone else on the road for starters, and why risk crashing your car or having it impounded or god forbid license taken away when you can race at a track. No skill in street racing anyway.

I've been trying to find a place where I can practice throwing my car (5.0 mustang gt) around and making it slide with the traction control off. I've never turned it off on the street, only put it in sport mode. Ideally it would be perfect if I could find a large parking lot with no curbs or light poles and where I won't get in trouble for just breaking the tires loose and hooning around. Getting a feel for 'what happens when I do this'

>11.30pm-2.00AM

I was out for an hour and a half.

Around 3:00am at the local touge. Nobody else there though so I've never really been in a real race. The closest I've gotten is when this drunk Mexican in a pickup truck started apexing the corners on the downhill.

Why do American cars have such trouble driving in a straight line?

Benchracing: the post

It's really the drivers that suck dick here.

Imagine if twists you dumbfuck cockfuck

I commute 65 miles to work every day. I have a nice windy pass on the way to my main highway. Every morning starts off with a nice uphill solo run to wake up, followed by like 40 miles of 3 lane jockeying. I usually stay at work a bit late to avoid traffic on the way home. The highway drive back is not so crowded, and I open it up and usually get pulled up next to at some point and we let her rip for a few miles. During the summer the pass usually has a couple people playing around, and I've noticed it more and more since I started doing it. I don't know that anyone cares to win at this point and I think we all just want to have fun.

So a bit of wangan and togue most days.

Say that to my face on the touge and see what happens faggot. I'll have you know I have over 20 confirmed pass wins.

Meet me tonight at 12am at the glendale entrance to Angeles forest highway. I'll be in the MR2 , see you there fgt

>canyons
Go back to playing follow the leader below the speed limit in your norcal threads gayboy
Real men race the mountain passes

>not racing both.

Im no norcalfag.

Angeles forest palmdale to glendale is my home touge.

>short uphill> steep curvy downhill >curvy straights canyon> curvy uphill > and then tight technical downhill to glendale

I also race bouquet, san francisquito, and Soledad sometimes.

>amerishit roads
Boring

>doesn't know about angeles forest

youtu.be/M56xsqtK-jE

It's over 100 miles (combining all canyons ) of beautiful mountain roads. You don't know shit about anything

It really wasn't pretty.

>highway pulls
>racing

Can we stop this

Get ueropoor

>yfw

It's not cancer, it's an affordable car that handles fairly well. I would never buy one, but that's because cars are my hobby and I can justify buying a 540i.

What year is your car? Im thinking about getting this or an eclipse cause theyre nice cars. Any problems you have with the 3000gt or mods you got?

Eclipse and nice cars.. In the same sentence lmao. I have a feeling you're still in high school kid.

How much power should I have in my car before I even consider challenging people? Do people in stock/low power cars ever race if challenged?

My FiST only makes 220whp/250trq atm. Guessing I'd need to be closer to 300

Let me correct myself, THOUGHT they were nice cars. Excuse my ignorance.

>Not a highschooler either

I raced some guy in my vette, he was on a 600, but also had his gf on it, his idea. I beat him cause I was putting down 475 ish to wheels. Might have been closer if her lard ass wasn't on it.

Got whipped by a Mazda rx7 driving a modded rally lancer, 80 meh on surface street I almost had him but I stopped instead of running a light

tfw in my town if you are out past 11 it is almost anything will try and race you no matter what you or they drive.
>that suffering 16 second 0-60
>my truck only strokes the egos of honda boiracers

I used to race a Celica GTS that was boooooooosted to 260 or so horses.

raced in proper drag strips, legally, 22 times. won 15, lost 7. the losses were against cars like GT500s, Z06s, a 370z and even a fucking Lamborghini Countach. wins against Civics Civics and more Civics, RSX's, a 350z, Camaro, regular Mustang.

then there were the times me and my buds were nightcrawlers, fuckin shit up on the highway and racing there. never kept count there.

then I got in an accident, totaled my GTS, became a pussy and now I have a base Focus.

*blows obnoxiously large puff of water vapor

This

It gives like a 3-4hp increase tops after the engine gets hot. I'd say there's no reason not to have it if you wanna increase power if they weren't so damn expensive for what they are

I usually don't race people on the street because it's juvenile and dangerous, but I had a guy pull up next to my M6 in a third gen Mustang GT with a girl in his passenger seat who wanted to race. Sorry man, you're getting embarrassed. I didn't even bother putting it in M mode and I still destroyed him.

I used to, but now I just cruise around at night but go fast when no one's looking, much more laid back.