I miss group C

I miss group C.

Look at this Sauber C9. It's so raw and menacing, and sounds like it came straight from hell. youtu.be/OQVWvNIzVSc

It even went over 400km/h on the mulsanne straight.

Where's the 787B, where's the 962? I miss seeing cars like those racing at insane speeds. Nowadays it's 4cyl hybrid shit

Other urls found in this thread:

hidplanet.com/forums/forum/the-hidplanet-university/how-to-diy/19279-the-clear-lens-forming-thread?18780-the-lense-forming-thread-finished-product-post-1=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is it weird that I want to build a replica of one of these and dd it?

i guess you can try, what do you even begin with? some tubes?

Surprisingly there are a few kits out there. Yeah, tube frame and fiberglass

Why don't you just buy a street legal 962C?

user, I have money, but not that kind of money.

I'm kind of doing that... kind of.

Group C has always been a fetish of mine and has a big influence on my design.

oh wow this is amazing

Are you building a cast for a fiberglass mold? Jesus

Holy crap user, this looks pretty seroius, more info?

yeah, i realized early on that the body panels determined how the tube frame was done, so doing the panels first.

its taking forever but sure have come a long way.

Veeky Forums always delivers

please make periodic build threads of this thing

nice. im building an awd aw11

MADMAN

Holy shit dude, that's badass.

Is that an FC rear window as your windshield? Good idea for the mockup but I'd be careful about actually using it, it's not gonna be fun if that thing gets hit by a rock or whatever. I assume this thing won't be street legal, if so I'd just do Makrolon or something instead.

>I assume this thing won't be street legal
No shit...

i made a simple site on a free server with pictures in chronological order but it 'expired' because of zero traffic LOL

current hangup is the headlights. i want 787b style really bad but cant find anything oem near that. might have to make my own.

ill use lexan as the windshield all said and done.

completely street legal. no different from a dune buggy.

Hey, I've seen people manage to register some pretty crazy shit, especially outside the US.

I think making your own is probably the way to go. Just mold the bucket into the shell and then bend some polycarbonate to fit. You don't need very thick plastic and it's a pretty shape, so it should be pretty easy to bend up with a heat gun, especially since you clearly know how to make a buck for it.

What engine?

Oh, so I wasn't totally crazy.

You should go post this on the Grassroots Motorsports forums, they'd love it and there are a ton of incredibly knowledgeable people on there who might be able to help with sourcing weird parts and stuff.

What's the suspension from, by the way?

yeah, temping. i found this site:

hidplanet.com/forums/forum/the-hidplanet-university/how-to-diy/19279-the-clear-lens-forming-thread?18780-the-lense-forming-thread-finished-product-post-1=

but nothing will beat an oem unit. using oem glass and lights i think is key to making it not look cheap or homemade.

busa engine

mix of c5 and c6 corvette suspension. i got a program called suspensionanalyzer that will get my xyz axis points perfect.

This all looks amazing. I cant wait until I'm far enough along on my project to make it worth posting on Veeky Forums

thx m8