How to legally abandon a vehicle?

Technically we don't even own it yet. Title got lost in transition, vehicle got wrecked, it's just an eyesore now, and we want to ditch it.

We were thinking about driving it into a ditch somewhere and leaving it, since a lot of scrap yards wont take it without a tile for it.

Planning on keeping some of the simple stuff, I.E. aftermarket stereo, wheels, and stuff after we dump it, if we go that route.

don't be a faggot

Strip what you want and drive it to a junkyard at night

They'll file their reports and then just take it into their inventory after no one claims it.

have some fun and thrash it a bit.

Deep river or lake at night

Just get a new title from the BMV, doesn't take that much.. If you can't do that you probably have stolen the car and if so.. fuck off.

Never got it registered, bought legally and title got lost in transition. Owner refused to get a duplicate title for it.

I recently had the same issue, and I just ended up putting the vehicle for sale as parts on cl for like $200 bucks. I got $200 and it freed up space in my diveway.

>joyride in a stolen car
>wrecked it

>g-guys... how do I get rid of it?

give it back jamal

>Never got it registered
Park it front of its previous owners house and be done with it.

Part in out for best bucks.

Call the cops an tell them someone abandoned a car on your street, if its not in your name, don't worry about it.

What if the seller still has our text messages about buying the vehicle, and they try to pin it on us?

This. Somkeone will show up with a trailer and you'll have a couple hundred bucks.

>they try to pin it on us?
You have the message of him losing the title and not replacing it.

Buying party lost the title. Seller provided it, seller doesn't have to re-provide the title just because buying party lost it, that's on them.

Basically I have a junk vehicle that can be tracked to me as last operator of the vehicle, it's not stolen, the title is MIA, never registered in my name, and I need to get rid of it. Nobody will accept it, even for scrap without the title, or proof of registration at some point in my name. I don't have time to wait for a CL parts buyer on this junkmobile.

Wrong unless seller also has a bill of sale.

Where do you live? Someone will buy it,

Stole it, did you?

Why would the seller have to provide two titles because the buyer is negligent?

He did his part, clean clear title, after that he's done.

Full story is, GF bought car, things are going great. She never registered it, left title in glove box, car got stolen, title with it. We got the car back, no title. And now it's junk.

>buys car
>leaves title in the glovebox
>never registers it

You broke up with her right? She's clearly retarded.

I don't even like talking about it because it was so fucking stupid. But I'm just trying to help her out the best I can at this moment with this because she didn't want to listen to me in the first place when I told her to immediately register it, not just slap your other car tag on it and pretend everything is fine.

And especially warned her about keeping the title in the car.

If she fails to listen to you on something as vital as registering her car, then it only gets worse from there dude.

The sex better be fucking amazing if you're still with her, otherwise you're fucked dude.

She's young, she just didn't have an understanding of what happens.

She learned the hard way with this one, but it's not about our relationship, it's about getting rid of this junk heap.

Well like everyone else said, throw it up on CL. At least get some cash back from it

>don't have time to wait for a CL
You must be in a real hurry. Moving?

Call a towing company and see if they will come and take it for keeps. They claim cars without titles all the time.

Any farms with active fields near you m8? Farmers are normally good at making abandoned shitboxes disappear and sold for scrap.

>They claim cars without titles all the time.
Not here they don't. The state legislature passed a law saying they cannot claim cars without a title. This was due to tow companies working with organized crime to scrap stolen cars' carcass after all the good parts were removed for sale to body shops, independent repair shops, ebay, or used parts distribution network.

The only other way to get rid of a scrap car is to have it sit for a LONG time and trigger the abandoned scrap car law. The state then gets rid of the car and of course fines whoever was in control of the car if known. Since your GF paid insurance on that VIN and its plates (you did remove the plates hopefully), she is the last known user of that vehicle.

So if the title was stolen, can you not just apply for a new one?

If we had registered the vehicle, yes. But because we never got ownership transfered to us, we don't have any proof we've purchased the vehicle.

Then take that motherfucker to some abandoned place and torch it.

Take it apart and leave parts laying around here and there.

There's a DMV form for that. Otherwise there would be junk vehicles everywhere.

So take it the fuck apart and scrap it in pieces.

Just go down to the DMV and have the lady walk you through it. There has got to be a way out of this.

What car?

Funny thing is, if you had posted it on CL for free, it would be long gone by now.

This

Ok, but how did you get the vehicle BACK if its not even in your name? How did the police know to contact you?

Your story doesn't add up, thief.

Found by side of road because person who joyrode it didn't have a probl leaving it by the road?

This. You can post a pile of dog shit free on Craigslist and someone will come pick it up in hours.