How does one get over the desire and thirst to own exotics and wealth in general?

How does one get over the desire and thirst to own exotics and wealth in general?

I want to own and drive one of these and just feel superior to everyone. I know it sounds narcissistic but I drove a Gallardo a couple times and just felt like a King. I felt like I was rightfully above everyone. Like everyone was just an ant I was a beetle. Everyone stares, gives you thumbs up, talks to you and worships you basically.

Other urls found in this thread:

moneymorning.com/2010/01/27/retirement-plans/
google.com/maps/@42.2734929,-71.1200067,3a,75y,281.59h,85.08t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sy44lLtOsosry7qYBCuNZJg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A lack of money certainly helps

fpbp.

In my opinion, having $250,000 in a 401k makes me feel better than having it in a depreciating liability like a super car.

>How does one get over the desire and thirst to own exotics and wealth in general?
By being happy with what you've got?

that looks ugly as shit senpai

Looks like a gaymen computer mouse

Just needs a logitech logo somewhere

Eventually you'll either do what it takes to prove you're better than everyone else or you'll accept your mediocrity.

Trust me, the attention gets annoying after a while.

>hurf durf wanna trade XD so fahnny

Thing is, you may never collect on that $250K. The government will likely need that money to support social programs.

I bought a sports car a few years back, love it, super expensive, though I have a good job. Also, I received a large inheritance when a relative committed suicide, she had millions in the bank, she was also the unhappiest person I ever knew.

The government is going to steal my 401k?

OK Trump shill, enjoy your tin foil hat.

It's already taxed like ordinary income instead of capital gains.

How is paying taxes the same as being robbed? There's a cost to living in a first world nation.

Obama laid the ground work years ago, moneymorning.com/2010/01/27/retirement-plans/

Actually tho owning a supercar or a sports car is pain the ass according to my neighbour who owns an F-Type which he bought it for way over 110k. He says taxes are too high, reliabilty is gonna go up, etc shit. Obviously I asked him of why he bought it when he knew the high ass costs in the first place. He replied "out of love man but I'm probably gonna sell it after 2-3 months." It's clearly gonna depreciate to 100k after like a month.I currently have 400k to just buy a car I like and my gf don't even know I have this kind off money in the bank because I don't want see her turn into a gold-digger. But I don't wanna spend it all now on one ina single car. I ain't even married and am just 25. I wanna just stick to my 2010 GT 5.0 and when I have my first kid, I'll slowly move up in life, buy a nice apartment, sell my current business, start a new one and get a 911 Turbo or any car I like then.

Wealth is having both of those, not one or the other.

by removing yourself from all want

then realizing that it can all be yours, but you must suffer and work harder than you could imagine and it will be

if you are under the age of 35 right now you will not have social security
i actually heard them talking about this on NPR last month

By losing what's really important. I used to be the same, but then I lost some people I was really close to. I haven't cared about money or possessions since because I found out no matter how much I bought it never made me as happy as I was when I was with them.

I'm 19 and just got an 1000 dollar check from social security

They are just cars in the end user.

Currently making 70k a year, 21. Going to buy an econobox for a dd, something decent that gets a solid 35-40 mpg, before the year lets out. Then ill get something sporty a year after that, like a 370z or mustang or something. Might wait an extra year or 2 to see what the replacement for the z is. After that im saving up to buy a mclaren 570s or 570gt (or whatever the equivalent is thats out at the time). Might end up being 28 or 30 when it happens, but i swear on me fukin mum ill do it.

It's why I'm glad im into bikes, a high end motorcycle is like 25k at most.

I'm genuinely confused when people say they cant afford a nice bike, I get it all the time when they see my GS and mention they're surprised someone as young as me could afford one when it's outside their price range, it's like 12k new...

By finishing highschool

>current year +1
>Not owning a supreme Rolls Royce motor car

What business do you have now?

Why do you want to"get over" a drive to have nice things?

Iit can just lead to stress if you can't attain them.

Most of those people also assume that you're under a mountain of debt and barely getting by as well though. They assume that you bought a brand new $25k-$35k car right out of college and between car payments, rent, student loan payments, credit card debt, etc that you can't really afford a "luxury toy" like a newish motorcycle or boat.

Hell, I'm 28 and know plenty of people my age who still rely on their parents to help them make their monthly payments.

> had millions in the bank, she was also the unhappiest person I ever knew.
I can assure you I'd be happy if I had that money in the bank.

As of right now I'm a very unhappy individual. I'm stuck in the fucking cycle of poverty.

Then get good. You shouldn't lower your expectations just because you can't meet them easily. That's the whole problem with Europe. You don't know how to be ambitious anymore.

Get a job where you can drive them, realize you don't actually want one when you are over them in 2 weeks, problem solved

Neet bux?

Ayye

why would you ever want to get over your desire to be great? what are you a cuck?

Pretty much exactly what I was gonna say.

They look awesome and you feel cool behind the wheel, but most of them aren't actually that great to drive. A 911 blows the fuck out of them in terms of driver experience, as do many cheaper cars. (A well-built E46 M3 or S2000, for example, is much more fun than a stock supercar.)

My lust these days is for classics, not modern exotics.

Exotics are extremely unreliable.

Also, it's not just the sticker purchase price, or buying used price, your insurance, maintenance, etc. all cost 10 times as much, so moving up from a $50,000 BMW to a $300,000 Lambo isn't just 6x, it ends up costing much much more cuz it's not just linearly scaled up.

So basically you have to have much much more money than you think to own one.

But Amerifails are horrible at personal finance, living over-extended and shit. We Asians buy our houses and cars cash.

GO EAT MORE RICE

/thread

>By being happy with what you've got?
OP wants others to be jealous of him while he at the same time feels superior to the peons. That is what makes him happy. He has a schadefreude antisocial attitude.

However, the teenagers and some man-children in my city will key your car if you drive it anywhere they can get to it. They might even key it right in front of OP because they know OP cannot stop them. There are lots of great cars, but OP probably hasn't realized that most of them don't drive in areas where he goes because of that problem being universal in many places.

IT repair, back up and an Auto garage which I helped start for my friend but I own 60% of it.

>if you are under the age of 35 right now you will not have social security

That was only a prediction by talking heads on NPR. The "reagan republicans" (of which Trump is NOT one) wanted to privatize social security. That basically is the same is phasing out social security. What will happen then is that all the autismbux and neetbux will drain privatized social security and thus people will rise up in resentment against those autismbux and neetbux welfare eaters.

The smart people will say, hold it, autismbux and neetbux are paid by the gov't separately from true SS. That is correct, but the republicans were trying to set up privatized SS as a managed insurance fund that people pay into and draw out of. Those autismbux and neetbuxers would go thru an application process to join such an insurance fund to share out the costs. You see, it's not so much that SS pains the republicans in payouts because the loss is not so great. It's the autismbux and neetbux that is a huge part of the payout problem but there has been no way to get out of paying it unless ALL variations of SS are combined into one massive managed fund. By doing that, the gov't can finally be rid of the legal responsibility of providing all variations of SS.

The problem with SS is that a lot of people never really paid into the SS during their "working age" range such as the illegal immigrants and american negro. But they have tons of kids who have grown up and are themselves getting to soak the SS system.

The traditional SS program was actually AHEAD and profitable if you didn't include the immigrant problem. Lots of immigrants come to the USA legally to become part of the melting pot and that is fine. But today's immigrants don't want to be part of america and come only to soak the system. That is the problem that cannot be dealt with due to bill of rights.

The only way out of that trap now is really to privatize SS. We're in the trailing cusp of fairness, so it has to be done soon to limit the amount of unfairness such a switchover does. The young would not have paid too much in so the switch doesn't hurt them much. The old have been getting their deposits back and the oldest were grandfathered for full payments so they are fine. It's the middle-aged ones that feel the "unfairness" the most as well as those who never paid in but fully intended to suck the system dry (forever welfare spics and nigs). Those are the ones hurt most by privatization of SS.

Literally this. Live your life happily with what you've got and with less expectations.

But how do you become happy with what you got so you don't need expectations?

play racing video games

buy a used motorbike for a fraction of the cost for the same 0-100 performance and stop giving a shit about overpriced trash that looks like it came from a cereal box

You become unhappy when you always have to listen others and await/expect their acceptance. Just live the way you want. You have to choose what you want to be and nobody will particularly help you in life because life isn't fair and you are always on the world on your own.

Wanna buy a thing? Check for alternatives first(which I mean is economical ones) and invest time in researching and keeping yourself educated. Buy according to your needs. Wants is a secondary thing.

Don't be a perfectionist by expecting a lot. Have an idea of what should be done and focus on the work you are doing. You sure will surpass the level of many. I think that was helpful.

You sound like a huge fag, and you're pretty much exactly what I think of when I think of a stereotypical Lambo owner.

You are beyond saving, good luck.

Ok thx

have econobox..

get new car..

2.4 seconds quicker 0-60

number as hell.

I miss chucking the old thing about and actually driving the car..

pushing at the revs. data feel through the steering. dat suspension. dat hydraulic ass steering.

why am I not still driving it?

fake ass insurance quotes, for a driver with 17 years under the belt..

...numb

never again, this kills the dream.

I miss the manual also.

...enjoy the view.

>401K
>not and index fund
>not getting those compound interest gains

never gonna make it

I drove a Ferrari F430 several years ago and the impression I had of it was that while everything about the performance was amazing, everything about it was completely attainable. Given enough time and not actually a whole lot of money (more like $10,000-20,000 rather than $100,000-200,000) I could build a car with the speed and response and handling and poise and sound of the Ferrari.

I mean, it'll never be a Ferrari and you won't have the knowledge that you're hooning the piss out of a work of art, but you can make a car that's just as, if not more pleasurable to drive for a fraction of the price and use the money you would save for any number of things.

not having mental issues I guess

I don't know about 401k's, but there's fuck-all chance you'll get all your promised social security/pension unless you're already close to retirement.

Because you put your money in the 401k with the agreement it would be taxed as capital gains.

....dammit!

now I want to put twin turbos on the civic.

I can't speak for general wealth but in terms of expensive/super cars, you can get over that obsession fairly easily by just driving some super sport motorcycles. It only takes about $3,000 in the world of motorcycles to match or even beat your favorite lamborghini/ferrari/bentley/benz/bmw. In the extreme end, cars are faster, but the margin is so damn large that I just lost any interest in going fast in a car.

career field, did you get there on your own or daddy/friend?

You're welcome. Good luck.

>2.4 seconds quicker 0-60
What car is that?

Get Asphalt 8. HAck the game. Own all the exotics you ever waned.

Play GTA V online

>keep switching servers until you find a haxor dumping free shekels
>kiss his ass with the other anons until you have like 30mil
>switch servers
>go on buying and upgrading spree
>enjoy 3 garages full of exotics
>winning.png

>tfw you will never get a chance to play game that has atmosphere, customization of underground 2 and physics of simulation game

I know this feel br/o/

Software/systems programmer for the state (CA). Got here on my own, was hired after getting bachelors degree in computer engineering. Neither parent works for the state so they had nothing to do with the hiring process. Could be making more in the private industry, but job security, benefits, retirement, etc etc are much better through the state. Ill retire in 20-25 years and make 80% of my salary for the rest of my life, assuming that things dont devolve into complete anarchy.
>They will

good for you, I fucked up and took a year off after HS and im now 26 with no degree. was working for the PO but fuck that toxic place.

Thanks m8. I debated taking a year off, but i felt that if i did id never go back. Glad i stuck with it, i have a few friends who did and they didnt go back either.

One thing i always had in the back of my mind as a worst case scenario sort of job thats still good is working as a lineman for a power company. I took an internship in my local power company's engineering and planning department, which is where i learned about linemen in all the orientation bullshit. Requires basic math, a bit of basic circuits (nothing over high school), and have to be relatively fit and know your way around tools (theyll teach you though). Theyre usually hiring, and my local company pays $30 an hour starting salary. They also pay you during training, not sure how much but they said "well over minimum wage". Senior linemen that were in charge of crews topped out just inside the 6 figure range. If youre still looking for something, that might be an option.

Interest rates are so shit right now that supercars are in fact a respectable investment. Buy one that has already depreciated like a gen-one Murci or Gallardo and it will maintain or gain value over time, assuming you aren't retarded and daily drive it.

>CA state workers pension as a retirement plan

I would be terrified if I were you. Start socking money into an IRA and a decent piece of real estate that you can sell for good money when you retire and move to a smaller place.

Someone's gotta pay for that "high speed" rail.....

actually, I was looking at that but I wasnt sure how to get in. Do I just looks for internship options on their website.

sheez, they have a station LITERALLY across the street.
google.com/maps/@42.2734929,-71.1200067,3a,75y,281.59h,85.08t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sy44lLtOsosry7qYBCuNZJg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

im gonna take a walk over there on monday

Giving up on your dreams?
> /r9k

Also letting your possessions define you is really fucking pathetic. Try growing the fuck up.

Idk, internship wasnt for linemen. Got the internship through my university. I just learned about linemen and other positions in their company during orientation. Look up online their hiring process, or go in and ask if theyre hiring i guess. Worst they can do is say no. Good luck user, hopefully some day you will own a supercar of your own

Grow up kid

I think you do when you realize you can never, truly experience one to its fullest without a track license and proper driving skills. If it is about the status symbol, then it's not really about the car itself and just having something everyone will recognize is expensive. Sounds like you're just high on attention. Last year I bought the car I've always wanted since I was a young teen, and it is a far cry from something expensive from Italy, but because it is something I wanted and is quite frankly my ultimate car, I feel like a million bucks whenever I drive it regardless of who notices it or not.

You really need to choose your news sources more carefully.

>mclaren 570s or 570gt
>state (CA)
Good luck my fellow state worker drone, I wageslave for those faggots as well. The department I work in has everything from engineers to scientists but not even the office chief drives anything worth having. The problem with the state is too many shekels get absorbed into retirement(kek, lord knows if we'll even see it) and by the time you get your check it's already been nearly halved. Stack that on top of falling for the getting married meme and you'll soon find yourself excited about buying a loaded Honda Odessey or Subaru Outback

there are exotic looking cars that are attainable by the average person. Best example is lotus elise/exige, under $40K. If all you care about is appearing rich and higher than the plebs, people think that car costs 100,000. Also if you're in a big city you can rent a supercar for a month or so to get it out of your system.

you have to realise that a car won't make you better. that feeling you having is from the belief that you're better than others, which is obviously untrue

>70k
>mclaren

m9 as a pharmfag im shooting for a used continental GT for like 70-80k

I want a Model X so badly. It's my all time favorite dream car. Hnnng it's so awesome.

What car

You can't get them with manual transmissions anymore so I don't care as much anymore...

What?

I get a little under 70% of my paycheck after all is said and done, which is about the same as what a friend of mine who works in the private industry takes home. But he doesnt get the health insurance or "retirement" (like you said, who knows if we'll see that at all) that I do, so he pays some of what he takes home towards that.
>getting married meme
Im probably tfw no gf for life t b h .

Never said it was a smart decision finacially haha. Im guaranteed a 5% raise every year, and i can still climb a bit up the ladder before i start getting into the managerial positions. Worst case scenario i stay at my current position until im looking to buy, and ill have topped out at 91k a year after 5 years. Best case, i promote up (which is likely, not trying to brag but im better than the people in my office at my classification) and top out there at 102-105k a year in 7 or 8 years. This is assuming i dont go managerial.

Its "somewhat" realistic. Ill have over 120k saved up when im 28, and somewhere between 40-50k a year of completely disposable income. Take out a loan for the rest at that point, pay it off early. The f1 has been my dream car since i was a kid, and ill never own that. but i at least hope ill own its much less impressive grandchild. There's always a way. Also, please do not remind me about insurance, maintenance, running costs, etc etc because i need to keep the dream alive somehow