Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C30ihG-Ozko
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

heartbreaker does

can you tell him to post it pls

>neo japonesque
>dubai

kinda cringed

how much does he charge people for those garden lips on the front end?

the kids on haggard garage do the same shit and have same welds

Is that the hobo that gets flown around the world to destroy Porsches?
What a world we live in

Nip Foose

nice trips

How much do people pay him?

wtf i hate 911s now

>Nip Foose
That is a rough cut. We would all do the same thing, get most of the material out of the way. I can't believe I was enough of an idiot to post that here however many months ago.

its $22k for the entire RWB kit

>We would all do the same thing

No we fucking wouldn't because hacking up a 911 fender with a sawzall is fucking retarded.

cringing desu

also the kid who got it looks like nick nitro from small soldiers lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=C30ihG-Ozko

That's literally how the GT2s were made

I guarantee you Porsche didn't hack it up like that.

The guys an amateur with high school shop class-tier welds

I have it

Also have this one of his tool kit

That chink literally copies the 993 GT2 and makes milions.
>rich stancefags

That looks like my workstation.

Except I just maintain my shitbox, I don't build expensive air cooled 911's.

user, ROUGH. CUT. It's just to get most of the material out of the way before doing the nice final cut.

Dem trips boi

Why do i see fucking wood screws in there lol

Probably self-tapping plastic screws. Still bad, but less so. Anybody have the 350z bodykit fail where they used wood screws?

Literally fuck my shit up senpai

it's screencaped from that "gopro japan in 4k" video

go watch it

i bet in 20 years the people who spent all their money on these things are going to feel so embarrised

I actually wouldn't be surprised if they were wood screws. I've seen a few RWB cars up close and some friends have been to the live build events they've done here, and Nakai is an absolute hack.

do you think they are magically going to wake up one morning with self awareness?

as long as dipshit normies think it's cool people will continue to buy them.

I don't know, Nakai may not take the most care when building the cars but I think that's part of the charm. I mean if I was in the market for another toy and I had the budget I would definitely look for a clapped out 911 that could be stripped down and let him do his thing. As long as I could sort out the suspension into something that is actually track worthy and drop a LS into the back of it I think it would be a great car.

I'm sure you're completely aware that it was his own personal car and that he likely didn't have the time to do it "good" because he likely has a million customer cars to work on.

My buddy's Evo had wood screws in the wheel wells, I guess they were holding up the side skirt but we took them out and nothing happened.

>ridiculing the decisions of those who have attained wealth and use it in a way that makes them happy and harms nobody
>calling nakai a hack when many people want his services and pay extremely well for them

sure is poor and bitter in this thread. i think nakai is a genius for finding his niche and milking it

Nope, at least two wood screws.

(you)

The guy obviously knows what he's doing, look at the body work, look at the paint, you can't get shit that clean without years of experience and hard work.
Body work is an art form and this guy is an artist.

it says a lot what he might do someone else's car if he's ok with doing that to his own car

how many of his customers do you think inspect the welds on their cars?

>not doing your very best work on your own car
>good welds somehow magically take ten times as long as boogering it up like an asshole
>this supposed time duress is so extreme that he can't take seconds out to put on a welding helmet
>"good" in quotations as though it's some nebulous liberal arts interpretation and there aren't thousands upon thousands of industry standards and workmanship to display work that is good.

Is your head up your ass for the warmth?

>body work
>literally cutting holes in the fender and bolting on plastic shit

this. body work is completely different from engine tuning or other mechanical enhancement, so the whole "hurr durr he doesn't measure things" argument totally misses the point. Veeky Forums does not understand form over function.

>this is all he sees
God damn you're retarded.

>when many people want his services and pay extremely well for them

Then eat shit, after all, 3 trillion flies can't be wrong.

its preformed u nitwit all he does is bolt it on

RWB MATTE BLACK KITS US$22,000
―FOR PORSCHE 930―

WIDE BODY KITS
Front bumper
Rear Bumper
Side Rockers Pair
Front Wide Fenders Pair
Rear Wide Fenders Pair
GT-2 or 3.8 type wing
Other small parts

WHEEL US$5,500
SSR Front 10.5J×2
SSR Rear 12J×2
Wheel Adapter (Rear only)
(Tire Size 265/35/18 and 295/35/18)

OPTION
RWB SUSPENTION PACKAGES (Front and Rear) US$ 5,500
(We use Aragosta Suspention System)
CHAMPION WING US$1,300

SPECIAL OPTION
SIDE BIG ROCKERS ―HAKAMA― US$ 1,500
FENDER WING US$ 1,200
CANARD US$ 500
REFLECTER US$ 600

>tfw you feel inadequate about your 35K annual income and 2001 honda accord
>tfw you vent by trashing the successful

i'm sorry, user.

not him but
> THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS THAT YOU CANT AFFORD IT. IF ITS SHIT ITS STILL GOOD CAUSE YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT

I wasn't trashing anyone, I was pointing out that saying something is good because it's popular is rather shaky ground to plant your flag.

Go ahead and put a body kit on and paint a car, show me how it turns out?
Do you see his paint quality, attention to detail?
The cars are aesthetically immaculate, they are art pieces.
You obviously don't understand how much time, effort and skill goes into body and paint work, most people dont.
You can easily get 200-300 hours into a paint job when you're after perfection, I know becuase I paint.

> MrCrummy
> In charge of not having retarded opinions

How well does Maaco pay these days?

wow u do a blue collar job congrats.
ive painted panels it's fucking piss easy.
its all prep and finishing.

where do you think you are?

i'm not arguing that popular = good, but RWB's popularity is a pretty good sign that he's not a hack. you can hold whatever opinion you like, but he has a reputation for doing work that people are satisfied with, so it's weird to hear people call him a hack

>people are satisfied with

yeah.. people that dont know shit. because those are the only people who buy his garbage.

ive seen this vids of his completed cars on the track with the body panels flopping around like a lexan r/c car body.

>i'm not arguing that popular = good, but RWB's popularity is a pretty good sign that he's not a hack.
But you literally are arguing that popular = good
He is demonstrably a hack, he makes ricey porsches for wealthy stancetards and the quality of his work is subpar at best as is demonstrated by the numerous pictures going around of his hackjob bullshit

They're popular because they're cool-looking.

He definitely has talent as a car stylist, but his actual workmanship is horrible. Like I say, I've seen his stuff up close and friends have watched him work, and his quality is appallingly bad, it's just hidden under a mountain of Bondo.

I used to build track cars for a living, at a shop that specialized in roll cages and other fabrication, so I know a thing or two about how to build a car, and the quality's just not there with RWB's cars. They're static showpieces and not much more.

It's exactly what you were implying, now you're just backpedaling and instead of stating it as irrefutable evidence now it's "a pretty good sign." Don't bullshit yourself. John Hennesey is incredibly popular with a loyal customer base but he has a long and sordid history of sleaze and hackery. People's opinions are nothing to go off of because people are finnicky, or will turn a blind eye to shoddy workmanship because they're invested (financially and sometimes even emotionally) in what they dropped a lot of money on. Popular opinion is nigh worthless when there's objective qualities to go off.

I already know you don't know shit about painting just from this reply alone, painting very complex and there are lots of steps when it comes to applying a proper paint job, you gotta know what products to use when, what products can be layed on top of eachother, you have to know what grits sandpaper to use at what stages of the paintjob, the paint and sandpaper itself being incredibly expensive, 1 quart of epoxy primer is around 50-60 dollars (for the cheap stuff) with a gallon of chromabase coming in around 500-1000 dollars.
Clear is another 100-300 dollars per gallon.
The cost of all these materials plus stuff like paint guns, masking tape, masking paper, the labor and time of cleaning all the guns repeatedly, the labor of all the sanding and buffing, paint jobs can be OK or they can be perfection, and perfection is not cheap, it requires lots of skill and time.

>Do you see his...attention to detail?
I see his welds. That tells me all I need to know about his attention to detail. You know how you're a painter and you can instantly spot how clean and precise his paint jobs are? Well, I'm a machinist and I can instantly spot how messy and lazy his mechanical work is.

>painting is very complex
jesus give it a rest dude. literally anyone with any attention to detail and the ability to read can paint a car. i bet you think welding is complex too.

I spent $3,500 on a "perfection" paint job once. Never again. You see, I like to actually drive my cars, and while having a flawless glassy finish was cool for a couple of weeks, it instantly ceased to be cool when a lump of road debris kicked up by a minivan marred my hood up. Even though I eventually got my insurance company to pay for a repaint at the same shop that did my car, it wasn't worth the anguish and pissing blood I did over it. I sold the car not too long ago and from now on I'll be fine with "OK" results, as long as they last. I don't want that mirror finish to agonize over again, it was more stress than it was worth to constantly worry about my expensive ass paint job, I want to enjoy my car not worry about how clean and perfect it looks.

>quality of his work is subpar
>actual workmanship is horrible

holy shit lol, you guys actually don't understand this. why do you think designer clothing exists? obviously everybody could just buy well-made carhartt jackets and be done with it, but some people don't really care so much about muh workmanship. RWB is a successful brand, and he creates an aesthetic that appeals to a certain demographic. everything you're saying boils down to "i don't like thing"

He doesn't paint the panels.
He doesn't make the panels.

He doesn't DO anything except screw them in and seal them with silicone.

>everything you're saying boils down to "i don't like thing"
No, everything they're saying boils down to "it's a piece of shit"
Which is obviously factual.

Quit dickriding, you gay stancefag

Or you could send it to people who know what the fuck they're doing and have something that isn't a slapped together turd.

Nigger, i half-ass my own car but i've never WELDED WITH MY EYES CLOSED

The steps I went through to paint this finish panel are as followed:
wet coat of epoxy primer
coat of polyester high build primer
block with 220
coat of polyester high build primer
block with 220
coat of polyester high build
block with 220
coat of polyurthane primer to seal the polyester
block with 400
3 coats of base coat
3 coats of clear
All the sanding and time invested into just this one panel to get an absolutely perfect mirror finish was about 8 hours of work, consider doing an entire car, yeah.
After each primer application you have to fully disassemble and clean your spray gun, each time you do that you waste about 100ml of cleaning solvent and it takes about 10 min.
Not to mention all the wet sanding with 1200 grit and the buffing involved, the buffing compounds alone are 50 dollars/quart, the costs and labor involved in a show car paintjob are astronomical.
Who gives a flying fuck about some exhaust welds, they aren't critical welds.
By the way I also tig, mig and stick weld.
>i don't like nice stuff because I don't like to have to take care of my shit
How is this relevant at all to RWB cars?

High fashion is made well you idiot.. that's the main reason people buy it.
You couldn't possibly be more naive if you tried.

Just accept it, you're a clueless teenager.

>obviously factual

based on an irrelevant metric. saying that RWB is a hack because his welding isn't perfect is like saying that a stock corolla is shit because it can't go very fast. you just don't understand why people like it.

All of the steps in this post are assuming you're starting off with a perfect panel as well, with some dings or dents and body/bondo work needed, the amount of labor goes up again on top of all that.

>high fashion is made well you idiot.. that's the main reason people buy it

congratulations for saying the dumbest fucking thing in this whole thread.

>these are the steps I did
you mean the same steps literally everyone does to paint literally any car sans maaco hacks. amazing.

You're a fucking moron.

Do you see people in this thread complaining about the looks?
No. It's like a slighter more hardcore GT2, it looks good.

We're complaining that the person building it is a fucking hack who doesn't do anything properly. You don't see the shitty welds and the hacked out sheet metal under the body, which is what we're complaining about.

If the same kit was made by someone competent, nobody in this thread would have a problem with it.

Itt: a bunch of le supreme enthusiasts whose only experience working on a car is changing oil trying to make themselves feel superior by belittling a world class builder
Literally kys you pathetic losers

>crying about cutting up a fender with a sawzall
Thats how it's done. End of story.

I'm sure you're such a better builder
What's the name of your company people come from all over the world to be a customer of?

>>i don't like nice stuff because I don't like to have to take care of my shit
Nice strawman dickbreath. Try the truth
>I don't want a perfect paint job because it's too much stress to worry about things you have no control over ruining it

Yeah, go take your car to a paint shop that isn't maaco and lets see if your car comes out looking like a mirror.
It will not, there will be imperfections, there will be flaws, perfect paintjobs are not done cheaply, expect a good job to cost you 10k easily.

b-but it's not a porsche brand sawzall, he's a fucking hack!

>primer
>sand
>primer
>sand
>paint

>complaining about it

How does it feel to know that 99% of what you did can be done by somebody with spray cans and some effort?

>DURR HURR U MUST B GUD @ THING 2 CRITISIZE THING!

If you don't think high fashion is the highest quality of craftsmanship and materials you're a complete moron.
I bet you don't even have rep on sufu.

You're dealing in something with very objective measures of quality. His cars can be the prettiest goddamn thing in the world but if they don't wind up also reliably functioning as a car because of his shoddy workmanship and set the fiberglass on fire because his welds holding the muffler broke (look it up) the whole thing fundamentally misses and outright disregards a rather integral part of a car being a car. But they're like fashion statements, you say, performance takes a back seat and even ultimately unimportant since these are like rolling works of art, yeah? I could get behind that, I loved Ed Roth's shit- But why do you think Nakai stuffs such fat tires under these things? The wide bodies, extreme aero and such? Because it was shit racers did. It's not some work of lead slinging mania like the Monkey Mobile, it's playing at the presence and appearance of things the customers are too lazy to deal with.

How is that relevant to the topic at hand?
>even considering putting a 1K product on a car
R E T A R D
E
T
A
R
D

>I could get behind that, I loved Ed Roth's shit
Don't you DARE even BEGIN to compare Nip Foose to Big Daddy Roth. Roth's customs were quality work!

If you consider kanye as high fashion you should reconsider your life choices.

>hurr you need to do [x] in order to complain about it
Nice argument, fuckstick.

Look how mad you are and calm down

the cost doesnt mean it's complex.
it's easy. it just takes time.

there's a difference.

he doesn't paint the panels anyway so everything you are saying is fucking irrelevant. you seriously one of the worst posters.

he literally uses rattle cans. have you ever watched a video of his cars being built? obviously not. just shut the fuck up already.

ITT pure autism

>Who gives a flying fuck about some exhaust welds
People who like cars. Who gives a fuck about fit and finish when the job was done wrong from the start?

>mocking reply to your furious butthurt post
>dur hur u mad
Do you even know what the little > and green words mean, little man?

Paint and prep is an art and all that, but come on, it's not rocket science, man.

Oh look another kid that's mad I called him out
Theres nothing worse than a poorfag benchmechanic criticizing a world class builder bevause you want to be contrarian and appeal to the rest of the bus riding keyboard warrior faggots on this board

Almost as pathetic as couch potatos criticizing the performance of Olympic athletes while stuffing your face with mcdonalds and waiting for your rascal to recharge

>hurr durr why can't the entire car be a track ready monster masterpiece
>it's 22k it should be perfect in every aspect
how about 100k if you want a car that's actually nice and doesn't just look nice.

Is this supposed to look good?
Because it doesn't

>world class builder
No actual builder uses woodscrews and welds like a high schoolers 2nd try.

He's a hack, and you're a moron.

>typing in caps and kiddy text speak
>calling anyone else mad
Roflmao

Look at what it started as and look what it turned into.

not to mention even a shit paint job will look glassy from 10 feet. he's basing his entire opinion on a 300x400 picture 20 feet from the car. he's a joke poster.

Denial is an important stage in acceptance
Keep hanging in there user the pain will stop soon

It started as trash and turned into a car that looks like a highschooler painted it with rattle cans

Truly, you wound me ;~;

>world class guy again

How are you always here to catch these threads? Do you actually believe what you're saying or do you just collect (you)s? Do you honestly believe good beads take hours to do like you have stated in previous threads?