> post pics of your britmobile

>laugh at mongs who drive on the right

etc. etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nVaRre5vPEc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

we're the ones laughing now m8
have fun with your stillborn thread

the only thing good about you inbred island-monkeys was the brexit.

thanks for the bump friendo

What are some good, fun drives in the home counties?

I found a drive from Mablethorpe to Nottingham quite comfy. Nice to drive without a load of fucking speed cameras unlike Nottingham.

Hoping to drive to Whitby for a day out when it's sunny before Autumn comes.

Got my Type R a few weeks ago hence why I wanna go on drives

>Hoping to drive to Whitby
Make sure you know how to use your gearbox. I've been there twice now, and the hills have warning signs for a fucking reason. You end up driving up/down slopes I wouldn't be able to stand on, let alone walk.

The Magpie chippy is delicious, and I can recommend a couple of BnBs there for overnight stays. And the abbey is pretty neat.

And while you're wandering in Yorkshire, check out the dales national park as well. Lots of twisty steep little roads make for a very engaging and challenging driving environment with beautiful scenery. Not so good for high-speed hooning, because tractors and narrow roads. Make sure your brakes work.

>Make sure you know how to use your gearbox
Got any advice? It's completely different from driving my Type S I part chopped for the Type R so still trying to find the best way to drive the Type R.

Any recommendations on the BnBs? Might stop there over night some time.

>be in a queue at the light
>light goes grew
>no one moves

Reeee why does this happen.

Posting my chav box. 05 WRX with 3 inch turbo back stainless system, panel filter, remap and BC coil overs all round.

Chucking the wheels tomorrow in favour of 18inch prodrives.

What do next? Rear diffuser? Big guy Wing?

Will eventually swap the turbo for a billet td05 plus supporting mods. Anyone have experience of upgrading the turbo on a WRX? Still not 100% sure what to go for.

No bully pls.

>>laugh at monks who drive on the right

>OP implying he doesn't take the offside position on right handers when safe to do so

lrn2 roadcraft user and stop driving like a philistine.

>home counties
none as far as i know

go hit up some track instead

>general

Any first-car buying tips for someone who will be getting their licence soon? I'd love to get a classic hot-hatch but I know the insurance will kill me.

Add parents and any low risk drivers in your family as named drivers. Add the gf/bf if you have one and list them as 'partner'.

But honestly? Put off any performance cars until you reach at least 21. If you don't you'll end up with a very underwhelming warm hatch. I hate to sound like a boring cunt but save your money and a few years down the line you'll have a lot more financial flexibility to buy a car you actually want, not just a compromise that you can afford.

Thanks, I'll start rounding up family members then.

I actually am 21 and getting my licence quite late but I can't say my financial situation is much better now than when I was 18. I guess I might hold off for a bit until I can afford something that I actually really like.

Was going to post in /dbt/ but I guess this is the thread to say I called our DVLA to ask how soon we can be rid of the draconian, arbitrary, prejudiced and unfairly expensive European a2 licensing restrictions.

They told me to call back after article 50.

>turning right
>hang to the offside
You know the offside in this country is the right? Hang to the left and cut across to the apex senpai

Took this last night on a late evening jolly after I left work (at fucking 8 o clock goddamn)

We don't need our own thread lads

Your first car is not the one you want. Get insurance quotes for EVERY car in your price bracket even the ones you find disgusting, you may find that a Mondeo sized car has cheaper premiums.

Buy a car on condition, service history that sort of thing, don't get hung up about a ratty car just because it's your favourite colour. And if it seems too good to be true, it is.

who /loudexhaustincrowdedarea/ here?

Had to go to hospital for my yearly check up on Tuesday.

>New Scorpion system
>Loud as fuck
>Idling outside of Manchester University Hospital complex
>All them looks.

>you know the offside in this country is the right?

Yes. On the approach nearside. Taking the corner, offside to the apex. On the exit, nearside.

What cars can I find in Britain that look like this but aren't a Ferrari?

Really want an understated fast classic car.

I'd say a Rover V8 sedan.

An SD1.
Build a hot rover V8 based on a Range Rover 4.6 bottom end.

Oh mate my grandparents had a gold one of these here in Australia till they both kicked the bucket

I remember I used to like the inside smell as a kid

Dat sound

youtube.com/watch?v=nVaRre5vPEc

Sounded nothing like that heh

Just bought my first car lads, 1.1 litere 2010 mitsubishi colt, already looking for a second car

Practice.
Know where your power band is, and how much power you can get in a hurry.
Know how fast the engine will rev up in any given gear, and how fast you'll accelerate at any revs.
Learn to engine-brake. Play with the braking it provides without letting the engine race.
You'll be going up and down 10% grades AT LEAST. Both roads into Whitby are >15% with warning signs. DO NOT IGNORE THEM, THEY'RE NOT FUCKING ABOUT.
And some of the hillclimbs have some nasty fucking bends at the top.

> BnBs
Arundel House, and The Wheeldale. Book in advance to make sure you get space. Both are within easy walking distance of the beach, with the latter being just across the road from the beach, and down something like 100 feet of cliffside.

Speak for yourself senpai, we're a meet down with another sikk kunt meet on the 23-25 feat. camping with traps

Reminder that SD1s are literally a P6 with worse suspension and brakes but with a 5 speed gearbox

Lotus

which restrictions are these?

Also, different pic for next OP, plz. I keep nearly hiding this on reflex because of the frog.
Veeky Forums is a lot nicer to browse if you go through the catalog hiding all the frogposts.
And every frogpost you see in a thread.

Should I buy the focus RS lads?

I used to own the Mk2 RS and loved it. But 35k on a ford?

Yes you cunt

for £35k-ish get the mustang GT because yolo

I'd say yes but seems like a lot. Would you consider an S3 and go the revo/APR route for 360-380bhp? Should come in at less than 35k. You'd have to mountune your RS to reach that level and it would cost a fair chunk more

>Not advertising the upcoming Brit meet in the OP

Such a failure

Depending on the way youre coming in too there's an infmous corner called the "Devil's Elbow" on the A169, which, if you don't need the >>>>> signs you're in for a bad time.

If it's the one going up a ridiculous hill and turning like a hairpin?
Because I ran across one like that on the way out, and had to dance to avoid the shitheap slowfuck in front of me.

Got a renewal quote of £1200+

I've been driving for 8 years and have had one minor bump in the last 6.

Driving what?

I used to drive a CZ2. Really enjoyed driving it but the shape means lots of body roll

WRX.

I managed to get a quote below £550 so I'll gladly take it. Never paid less than £600
Previous cars:
Ford Fiesta
Rover 25
Renault Megane

>18" wheels

Literally why, it ruins it

Where do you live, if you want to ask someone for turbo's there's a bloke I know who doesn't cost the world for fitting/parts and gives solid advice.

>Still no information for the Brit meet