C5 Corvette thread

I am planning on buying a 2002 Corvette Z06

What am I in for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1PGJYex8zpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Lots of power and speed, for a decent price.

>truck interior
>truck motor
>truck suspension
Just buy a truck

what

>3 replies
>3 posters
Which one of you is samefagging?

Are you fucking retarded? Holy shit

but that adds up

OP counts as a poster but not as a reply. When a thread is made its at 0 replies, 1 poster.

GM fit/finish/quality control.

It'll be fast and nimble for the money, but it won't be pleasant to drive for long trips or heavy traffic commutes.

Shit is going to be expensive when it breaks too.

Not him but posts doesn't count the OP so someone is samefagging.

OP it's a fun car and basically the best performance you'll get for your money but the interior and build quality is abysmal, internals are bulletproof though.

>v8 modular
Truck motor
>leaf springs
Truck suspension
>poorly made interior
Truck interior

Please don't feed him (you)s.

i will feed him my dick

>modular v8

we are talking chebbies dingus

the c5 is a great car as long as you know what it is and what it isn't, and set your expectations appropriately

What do you want to know? I have an 02z, and I know there are a few z owners here's.

>dat plate
you're my spirit animal anonymous

>pop up lights
you're in for the time of your life and gettign hektik on the burger touge

>gettign hektik on the burger touge
too funny user, I like you

My dream is to get a C6 but thw C5 Zo6 is almost the same price at times. Any big differences between the two?

the c5z is more aggressive and sporty, where the c6 is softer, but looks nicer and newer.

Im more concerned about maintenance and reliability. I drive 12 civic which is pretty solid but boring as shit.

>LS
>unreliable

Nope

corvettes aren't very expensive to maintain, but late model cars are usually more sorted than early model cars, if you want the most reliable get a 2004 c5z they're well sorted and will be likely to give you the least amount of issues.

They aren't inordinately expensive to maintain, not any more so than a performance car today.
Brakes and tires are a bit pricey and you'll be paying for premium gas.
Just don't hit anything and pray your headlight motors don't shit the bed.

There's plenty of big differences, literally retard above just said some stupid shit he doesn't even know wtf he's taking about. There's no way you should be seeing c5z and c6z going for same prices, unless you find an untouched c5z and a beat to shit c6z. On top of that the ls6 is sitting at 405 hp and the ls7 is sitting at 505 hp quite a big difference. What's your budget at? Do you plan on throwing more money into car? Etc etc.

20k seems to get me either an ealry c6 or a late c5 here. Wont be modding it or anything just stock to go from home to work and cruise on thr weeknds.

I didn't expect to mod my c5 either, but got addicted and then ended up 12k in parts. If you honestly don't think you'll mod it then go for a c6. Reason later c6 more expensive cause it has the more favored ls3 vs the older ls2.

>c5z and c6z
I think he meant c5z and c6 base model

For the price of a c5z, yeah, you can get an ls2 c6. I'd go drive both and see how they feel. Like others said the c5z will feel more visceral when compared to a base ls2. It will be slightly faster as well. If you're keeping stock I'd say go c5z. It already depreciated and is a great value for what you get. I personally went c5z, the frc body lines have always been a favorite style of mine too. But the c6 will be better quality. Go try both.

I wont end up killing myself because of the torks right? All ive ever driven is Honda civics

Not if you have some decent tires. Just doing go flooring it when turning and you want have any issues.

>ls2. It will be slightly faster as well
I don't think it is, the c5z has much shorter gearing which allows it to accelerate faster, though top spead is limited

I came from a full bolt on ls1, so obviously my experience is vastly different, but no. Leave traction control on. Then when you put on your big boy pants take it off but leave active handling on. And yeah like previous user said tires will be a huge factor. Be prepared to blow some dough on a good set. Around 800-1000 for a decent set. The car pulls hard through the gears but handles and puts down the power well.

So essentially redline that sucker and dump the clutch out the lot.

Yeah I meant the c5z will have the edge. Apologies for confusing wording.

you must be coming from a mustang

Fucking phone butchered it lol. Lol go ahead and join the mustangs with the crowds and curbs then.

youtu.be/1PGJYex8zpg
Ive never gotten the appeal of mustangs. They look so boring

Yeah good rubber is a must. I still have trouble getting traction in my cammed C5z through 2nd gear and I'm on 315 Toyo R888s. I have to ease it through 1st on the street or it will blow the tires off.

Yup, the low end power is great on them. 1st and 2nd gear was always scary for me, once I'd get into 3rd I wouldn't have much of an issue.

t-thanks

huh . . . I'm having a hard time finding a gtr that would have competed with the C5Z in the American market, shame the r34 never came over here huh . . .?

The R34 would DESTROY any C5/C6 anyway

>What am I in for?

jelly fags
jelly fags everywhere

>hurr shoulda bought a c6/c7
pop up lights do it for me
gets this engine warmed up real quick

might as well not exist though

this should be in the sticky

Own a 2003 z06. The interior is cheap and the ride is stiff, dailying is rough and going going under 65 is a pain. But the amount of get up and go and looks make up for it. Found out today you can seat three as well.

>C5

like a base model or Z51? i doubt a Z.

>C6

Highly doubt a Z06 unless you use a Z-Tune.

one of the dankest memes I have

C6 doesn't have pop-up headlights. You want pop-up lights, don't you? Fuck yeah you do, get the C5.

>seat three as well

Three 6's?
Also, why are you dailying it? Boomer?

Lol

>NISMO GTR GT3
>6:40

GM BTFO!!

expensive fucking tires

>Corvette
>Modular

Alternatively, if you didn't read the OP and just jumped right into the shitposting:
>Mustang
>Leaf springs

>slower than a civic

lmao GM cucks will defend this

>tfw R34 gtr times on fastest laps are incorrect, so i get butt bothered by endless comparisons

>"I swear its faster than a FWD econobox!!"

full kek

GM cucks actually defending this

but FWD econoboxes arent fun

>I'm having so much fun being slower than a FWD econobox

>0-60 times
>exhaust sound
>not feeling like a faggot
hmm i guess you are right

.20 of a second difference.

I personally wouldn't mind.

>this mad

>this delusional

fwd has no soul

This

for all of you with c5z's how do you like the FRC bubble looking top opposed to the coupe t top

FRC increases chassis rigidity, idgaf what it looks like personally.
-objective typa nigga

It's one of the things I love most about the C5z.

I think the coupe looks soft by comparison.

I'm split on it 50/50, but whenever I think of the coupes I figure I'd rather have a c6 than a c5, and if I were to get a c6 I'd want a c6z, which is just out of reach for me.

On the c5s, because of the way that bottom rear fascia tucks in way more as compared to the c6, I much prefer the frc look. The frc gave it more of an aggressive look as well. Sucks not having a targa too though. I loved taking off my t tops in my z28.

t. Busrider weeb

Nah he was saying that early ls2s and c5z can go for the same price that's true around here at least. They hover around the 20k neighborhood

>understeer
>pigfat

lol

>Sucks not having a targa too though
yeah that too, at least with the c6 there was the grand sport

for those of you with a c5 what bolt ons have netted you the most power?

LTs should be the first priority, and should get you 20whp+. Then changing to a fast after or if you have an early c5 switching to the ls6 manifold. The stock exhaust isn't terrible for flow but you will most likely change it just for sound.

Crazy that you can get that much from bolt ons on a n/a motor but I guess it's one of the perks of muh v8

that's how displacement works, the more you have to work with and all

Intake/headers is about 40ish to the wheels. Just gotta let a v8 breathe better. Intakes add up though as most will require new fuel rails. Plus I know the FAST manifolds benefit from porting so that can cost you too. Priced out they will cost more than headers

Between cam, intake, exhaust, and fast 92 my c5 was putting down around 400 to wheels. Then supercharger put me up to 530 with a safe boost level, the engine had 140k miles on it.

c5z an ls1 c5?

>c5z (or) an ls1 c5?

C5

that's pretty solid

Even just getting a good tune helps out too.