>Guides & Information
/dat/ External PDF List: pad.riseup.net/p/datpdfs
/dat/ Recommended Cars: my.mixtape.moe/akuicw.jpg
/dat/ Recommended Bikes: my.mixtape.moe/mpxqyl.jpg
RAA Used Car Checklist: raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/golden-grove/cars-vans-utes/1987-mazda-929-sedan/1121083643
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/seaview-downs/cars-vans-utes/1989-mazda-121-hatchback/1121691542
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/modbury-north/cars-vans-utes/1980-toyota-celica-coupe-ra-40/1122304611
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/davoren-park/cars-vans-utes/1989-honda-prelude/1121947767
optus.com.au/shop/mobile/phones/samsung/galaxy-note-7
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opel_Astra
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bibra-lake/cars-vans-utes/2000-hyundai-sonata-gls-2-5l-v6-5-speed-manual/1119736472
gumtree.com.au/s-cars-vans-utes/adelaide/soarer/k0c18320l3006878
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How is life upside down?

I get bored and look up some cheap cars near me on gumtree, what do you guys think would be a good car to run into the ground doing pizza delivery?

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/golden-grove/cars-vans-utes/1987-mazda-929-sedan/1121083643
>missing a few fuses and needs new ignition
it might be worse than he says, but it has pop up headlamps

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/seaview-downs/cars-vans-utes/1989-mazda-121-hatchback/1121691542
>fun top

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/modbury-north/cars-vans-utes/1980-toyota-celica-coupe-ra-40/1122304611
>I'd end up in the same situation of not wanting to run my car into the ground

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/davoren-park/cars-vans-utes/1989-honda-prelude/1121947767
>highest kilometres of the lot

probably the prelude but it looks pretty ghetto

if it was me i'd get a mirage/lancer or civic

>mazda 929
>needs ignition barrel
Nope the fuck outta that one, m8.

>121
Looks neat, and they drive pretty nicely. If you're looking for a practical, economic car then this is your best bet.

>Celica
If it's mechanically straight, I wouldn't say no to it. Parts are going to be harder/more expensive to get compared to the 121, but the cool factor is undeniable. If you can wrench on it yourself then that's a big plus.

>Prelude
>304,000 kms
>battery, tools, and wires all visible in the interior
>no shot of the engine bay
>ricer rims
It'll be thrashed, poorly maintained, and likely in need of some serious repairs not too far down the road. Timing belt is going to need doing, clutch is probably close to death unless it's been done in the last 60k kms, and expect the suspension to be falling apart. Avoid this car.

RA40 odometers only read to 99,999

It may well have done 290,000 or he may be genuine with 90,000

Looks like I got that TT soarer for 1200.
Have to borrow friends car trailer, but maybe soon, racedragdriftburnout car

Skid vid when?

noiiice

Always wanted.

I think the german should make a skid vid

After: battery, fluids. Etc
Hehe.
Skid, pole, carry on with skid for maximum ocker

Teach the german to skid, it's your job as an australian

January 11
Whoop ass Wednesday.
Ford night.(for discount entry)

*bugle sound*

i bought a holden (vauxhall/opel) astra :( didnt want or need it. but cheap.

>been browsing/o/ for years but never owned a car
>just started watching initial D

kinda want a car now

in real life he would be dead by now. all it takes is a drunk driver in the wrong place at the wrong time.

i hope you survive it, the last guy on here didn't...

Like I say to everyone who wants a car, it's great but be prepared to spend a lot of money, a LOT of money, and thats just getting the car on the road

When you own an Astra you expect that kind of thing. Why didn't you just get a cheap Commodore or Falcoon?

Cars are expensive to own?

How so?

got a falcon, needs some brake work done (pads/rotors) and all 4 tyres fucked. astra 200 bucks. a few things to fix but it runs which was a surprise to me too lol

its the older model astra... yes i know about the other guy

1995?

he's older than that you cunt

he was born in like '93

'96 actually cunt. he's still on his fuckin P1s.

Just saw the episode where Iketani is late to meet Mako and cries.

>tfw

he was born in '93, he keeps going back to p's for speeding

How stupid would it be to get a euro as my first project car?

that would make him 23 and still on his P1s? how many times has he been pushed back?

he keeps losing his license and has to restart his P's

he'd have his full license already if he wasn't a dumb cunt

Depends on what car senpai. Old Merc or BMW? Pretty good choices, both reliable and easy to work on. Volkswagons are decent too.
Beware and avoid anything Audi and Porsche.

Twice

It also goes without saying but avoid Italian and French too unless you REALLY love working on cars and spending money.

I have a mate at work who isn't going to be back on his P1s until he's like, 25. First time he lost his license was for speeding in an R31 turbo, second time was drug driving.

dont buy any volkswagon with a auto. because they never made a good one and they shit themselves

Are FG falcons slow or is that a meme?

im reading 260hp from base model cars and 280hp/420Nm when running on 98 Octane, thats amazing, for $5000 why wouldn't i buy one

what does any of that even mean

>kochdog
>evil

he's very evil, and very dumb

a very dangerous combination

Probably a Beemer or Alfa.

How do they even get you for drug driving?

Anyone here on the telstra freedom plus prepaid plan thingo? Because fuck I'm pissed at them changing what you get when you recharge

BMW then. Don't touch an Alfa unless you really love working on cars because it will need work every day.

If only Italians were as good at reliability as they are at styling.

The same way they get you for drunk driving. Swerving on the road, pulled over, dilated eyes or obviously high then taken to station for further tests to confirm.

im on amaysim prepaid
>12 cent texts
>12 cents/minute
>$10 minimum
>prepaid lasts 10 months
>can carry whatevers left over into the next 3 months
its pretty good for me since i have no friends, $10 lasts me 3 months

Gotcha. Cheers.

What sort of data do you get? I don't have Internet where I am so I use my phone for Internet
With the freedom plus I could get for $40
>6gb data
>$350 international credit
>unlimited talk and text
>carries over when I recharge again

Now they've changed it so you only get 3gb of data which really is not enough and is not worth $40

Iketani is a little bitchboi, he gets a second chance with her and fucks that up too

optus.com.au/shop/mobile/phones/samsung/galaxy-note-7

Fug boys, i'm tempted to get the Note7.

Don't even care about the bloatware anymore (NORMIE)

nah im on basic bitch plan so no data for me, but look into amaysim, its pretty cheap

O P T I M A L P O R C H
P
T
I
M
A
L

P
O
R
C
H

slow relative to what? looks like you're fucking around with turbos, in which case it's totally down to budget. If you're looking for a comfy daily, any old falcon is more than fast enough.

very stupid
the tool budget alone will kill you

>tool budget
Lol what? They don't need any special tools unless it's something crazy exotic like a Ferrari.

off the top of my head
>torx set
>e-torx set
>VAG specific scan tool especially for DSG
>special tool(s) required for changing gearbox oil

having worked on a couple of mk5 and mk4 golfs, plus a few ka/fiesta/mondeos, I can confirm that euros are absolute nightmares to work on. Not even including the fact you need lots of special tools to work on them, just the procedures and packaging of them is fucking retarded and alien to a shadetree mechanic.

>VAG
yeah thats why. im pretty sure mercs and beemers (the ones i've worked on anyway) didnt use any of that weird shit. standard tools have worked fine for just about everything.

>torx set
Torx aint special, everybody should have a torx set

>torx
You know those are on cars from here too right? I know Holden Astras have that kind of thing everywhere.

>VAG specific scan tool especially for DSG
Not a problem since he's not going to do something retarded and by a VAG product.

>holden astra
>not european

m8 it's just a rebadged opel, that's why they're torx infested shitboxes: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opel_Astra

Commodores also have torx infestation, off the top of my head the VT/VX/VF has that shit throughout it. I've no idea if Ford does it but I know BMW doesn't and I'm pretty sure Mercedes doesn't.

on a related note,
why are secondhand commodores always trashed to hell?
I'm not even into the whole holden/ford thing, but when I trawl gumtree for manual cars, every VR-VZ commodore that comes up is:
>filthy
>parked on a derelict lawn
>faded headlights
>'odometer broke around 230k'
>blue treadplate floormats
Why
It doesn't seem to affect falcons of a similar age. I'm not even looking at the sporty models.

Because they are cheap and easy to skid, you can easily afford a commodore after buying durries when the centrelink payments come in

The Commodore wasn't designed by Aussies until the VE.

VB-VL = Opel Rekord, VN-VS = Opel Senator and VT-VZ = Opel Omega, all with engines from GM, Nissan and if you're lucky the Holden V8.

this. you can get a commo for under 1.5k easy.

>saving my ancient OC
wew

once again, thanks krautkunt for making the thread

I'm on the fence about this one

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bibra-lake/cars-vans-utes/2000-hyundai-sonata-gls-2-5l-v6-5-speed-manual/1119736472

Should I sell my one owner 95 corolla with 180k and FSH, for a one owner 99 sonata with 180k and FSH? V6 would be breddy comfy

FSH?

Nah m8, sonatas are shit
Similar but much better would be a maxima or a honda legend

interior reminds me of a AU falcon

full service history

my mate had a 4cyl of the same model back in high school, it was very bland but withstood a couple years of abuse without missing a beat.

I'd go a maxima or legend but there are no good manuals in my price range

anytime you get pulled over by highway patrol, they'll do breath test and drug test
i think they also do same as roadside breath test but with drug testing too

people say the testing is innaccurate and that if you had one a week or so before, it can still trigger and get done, but a lot of them would had some bongs at least an hour before driving

Hi all, any opinions on good car loan companies?

I'm torn between saving up some money and getting a custom exhaust and a proper tune done on my old diesel Pajero, or taking out a 5-7 year loan and buying a nice, relatively new (built in the last 5 years) petrol car, something like a TSI Golf or a Polo GTI.

I'm a 4th year light vehicle apprentice so I can service and fix them cheaply, so I might as well get something nice.

Wanna buy my missus vx.
Only just got 180k. The passenger side windows don't work. Everything else is fine minus a few scraps here and their.

>pulled over by cops other week
>gf , driving, her car, clean record.
>"get back in the car miss"
>all zero on th bag.
>checks her license at their car
>over hear "do I search the car?"
>comes back "your brake light is out"
>I get out stand behind car. "Stand on the brake"
>all lights work
>cop says " yeah it's really intermittent "
>"works fine now"

Fuckin cunts, throwing their weight around

Or save up a few grand and buy a second hand car instead of getting a retarded loan.

ahh highway patrol, no better job for the kid who got bullied in school

>save up a few grand
Maybe? I'm really just after a relatively comfy, economical, lightweight, yet sufficiently powerful car for daily driving in the foreseeable future, and I don't think there's anything in the 'few grand' range in SA that would satisfy my requirements.

>nice day outside
>literally have nothing to do/nowhere to be
feels good, but boring and antisocial

Guess again.
Local's
On the street we live on for fucks, like 5-6 doors from home.

>not having hobbies
come on cunt

In good weather I love going to the backyard and doing some woodworking

I also do weightlifting on my back veranda, much nicer when you have breeze

Failing that I play guitar in the sun or go for a drive

is it manual?
I'd cop a manual vx for sure

I've narrowed ideal dailies down to three realistic categories:
>5 year old econobox
getz, yaris, cerato, rio, alto, whatever - 4 grand. Excellent reliability and minimal running costs.
>10-15 year old 6 cylinder
falcon, commodore, magna, 380, camry etc. Can be had with 150-200k in very good shape for around 4 grand with your choice of trim and powertrain combos.
>modern diesel hatch
mazda3, focus, i30, astra etc. About 10 years old and 150-180k. Will be a sporty drive, roomy, fast, and get the best fuel economy. Still new enough to not have major problems. These will cost 8 grand.

Those are the realistic categories for a hassle free DD, pick what makes you feel good.

Capture their cat, attach collar with bud resin all over it, enjoy

gumtree.com.au/s-cars-vans-utes/adelaide/soarer/k0c18320l3006878

Or almost any mid/late 90's toyota with their inline 6 options that come with and without turbos.

been out for a drive a few times today, but i do need to re-do my thermostat housing as its leaking like a sieve and the carb is backfiring like crazy, flames jumping out so i dont know whats going on there, and i need it to get to work tommorow

I wish i could play an instrument, i cant seem to invest enough attention into learning, its frustrating

What's the difference between the soarer and one of the shittier supras?

>not economical
>not lightweight

Also 25 years old, automatic, likely to be thrashed, complicated turds. Why buy such a nightmare?

What's complicated about the 1JZ user it's a very basic and generic Toyota engine, not to mention that the automatic transmission in the Soarer's pretty decent (If they've kept fluids good).

Maximum comfy, powerful enough.
Manual options in the 6cylinders
Same chassis, soarer is more GT car. Fancier options, more weight
Alas no

One car to not forget is the Avalon
The first gens are dirt cheap and SOOOO COMFY yet give decent pull

Bought my 2002 vxi 4 years ago with 70,000 on it
Electric everything works
Super roomy

Only downside is the actual drive, being a lazy v6 sedan with fwd and auto only

Literally the only reason im looking at selling is wanting a manual transmission and more sporty drive

>no sign of fatcunt in days
I guess he must have banned himself or his botnet machine broke again

Insurance
Registration
Fuel
Maintenance
Depreciation

They're the major ones

It's just about trying m8.
I started playing when I was 10 or so, borrowed my bro's cheap guotar and my cousin taught me smoke on the water. Kept playing it and doing improv until I decided to learn something harder (iron maiden)

> relatively comfy, economical, lightweight, yet sufficiently powerful car for daily driving in the foreseeable future, and I don't think there's anything in the 'few grand' range in SA that would satisfy my requirements
you dont know shit about cars do you?

Is it DnD?

>old porsche

Nigger Wut. Old 911s are tits

> I don't think there's anything in the 'few grand' range in SA that would satisfy my requirements
Want a comfy reliable luxobarge for a few grand? Lexus
Want a comfy reliable daily for a few grand? Toyota anything
Want a comfy and powerful luxo car for a few grand? BMW
Want a powerful and decently reliable car for a few grand? Holden or Ford

Face it, you just want to convince yourself that a massive loan and brand new expensive car is your only option. But it isn't.

I am going to get one on Wednesday. They seem good.

Zomg! You so smart!

Pro tip - when they bought them out here they fell to bits. There is actually a fair bit of non -cosmetic differences and engineering that is different between he Vauxhalls/Opels/Holdens

Get a Suicycle - like an R1

I have a 2010 td focus - it's a great DD. $50 to fill, 900kms to a tank and has enough torque to bake the front wheels on a smooth hit of bitchy