Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator:
>cycle-ergo.com/

Noob? Git gud:

Boring webums with sounds:
Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7ClPFl_wC-k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You feel most alive at the edge of dying.

>no ecoboost

i am tired of living but I'm hoping that a motorcycle can change that/hold it at bay. so you know I want a bike that can keep me alive considerably.

reminder that honda a shit

So I discovered that I don't really like my GSXR today. There is nothing wrong with it. It's fast and works very well but I am just not the kind of person to speed everywhere and the supersport riding position is just awful compared to something like my ninja250. I took the 250 for a ride today and it was the most fun I have had just cruising since I got the GSXR.

What should I do? Pic related

>keep me alive
KLR650

it only goes as fast as you want

i cant imagine im ever going to go offroad

thats not how that works

Oh I know, it'll kill you if you go offroad, a peg will stab your femoral artery when you dump it.
So, just stay on the road

Of course that's how it works. do you think a vehicles speed is just random?

no problem

i cant drive in a straight line forever, i also gotta move left and right. i can afford to make a mistake on a 4 stroke 250, but not a 200kg 200hp homologation bike. why am i even explaining this to you, you already know all this.

I'll buy it for $2000

Sell the Gixxer and buy something you like more.

Literally all you need to do to avoid that is not turn the throttle as much you dingus.

Join the naked leader bike club for ultimate funs

mother fucker at that point i would just get a bike that i can go WOT and not worry about dying instead of a bike where im worrying about twisting the throttle too much doofus

any bike short of a broken scooter will kill you if you go WoT straight into a wall like a retard. Maybe if you can't control your hands you shouldn't be riding a bike.

i am been troll

Sounds like you need a street fighter

>What should I do?

grow some testicles.

What is the point of the gsxs-1000?

I thought the whole idea of the gsx-s is that it's a sport tourer version of the supersport - but there's no luggage from suzuki, no tie downs, a fucking sad little pillion seat, no heated grips, etc etc etc.

So why not just buy the full gixxer?

Not as majestic

>I thought the whole idea of the gsx-s is that it's a sport tourer version of the supersport

no, because the main version is a fucking naked bike. You're fucking retarded bruh.

>So why not just buy the full gixxer?

This is a comfortable sport bike basically, it's cheap as chips (10k usd) has ABS and TCS, good handling and heaps power.

Suzuki were specifically targeting the market segment that in the past would have just bought literbikes but are now wanting something just a bit more user friendly and comfortable to ride on the weekends.

Touring was never in it's design document..

I guess it is similar to a bike like the Ninja 1000 in that sense.

much sportier and faster than the ninja 1000 though, about 20 hp more atw and 20 kg lighter.

I rode my bike today and it was nice. I made a couple of wrong turns and made some 2- and 3-point turns, and these gave me a lot of confidence: it's the super-low speeds that make me nervous, once I'm above 30kmh I feel safe.

Tomorrow is a holiday here (beginning of SNP) so I think I'll try to get a pic with my baiku and some military hardware, or at least a mural with soviet soldiers.

Someone post the bingo charts?

It's cheap because it's shit.

why is it shit?

It's got the good gixxer motor in it, m8. My K5 was hot as fuck. The only difference, apparently, is gearing. They've fucked with the transmission, otherwise it's the same donk. Suspension is okay, fronts a bit soft, otherwise no problems with it at all. Chuck a tiny front sprocket on it and wheelie until you get arrested.

>3 point turn on a bike
Why though? Bikes can generally do a u-turn within the width of a single lane.

>gixxer motor
>actually has suspension
>no retarded gearing that gets you to 110mph in 1st

Also, Suzuki bikes are cheap in general. The GSX-S 1000 looks great and I regret not getting it tbhfam

did they give it wider gear ratios, or just different sprockets?

Either it's the SV650S or it's me; probably me. I'll get there.

correct me if I'm wrong, but the old gsx750s, and bikes like the fz1 or triumph sprint, use the hero motor in a more touring oriented frame + options package.

I just don't see the differentiation between this S and the R, if it's just risers and different rearsets. Surely that doesn't justify an entirely new model line.

Throttle mapping is absolute garbage, brakes have zero feedback or bite and need the lever pulled to the bar to stop it, the suspension is rock hard, the engine lacks grunt until it's spinning hard. It's trying so hard to be good on perfectly smooth roads and track environments that it's startlingly bad to ride at the speeds 90% of buyers will choose it for over a GSXR.

It's not the same motor. The K5/K6 was fucking awesome, sure, but they didn't have to worry about emissions like they do now. The motor in the GSXS is severely neutered by comparison. It's lost all it's balls.

Hey man, I own an SV as well and the thing has a tiny wheel rotation(or whatever), its really annoying to stir while parked.

Serious question. I tried to find some vids on YouTube but couldn't find anything.

What would happen if I took some leader bike, revved it to 15k, then dropped the clutch? Assuming we aren't talking about some modern bike with electronics that would detect/prevent something like this

Did cc81pt just go down 250 ccs?

>no grunt until it's spinning hard
I don't understand.
It makes almost as much power at idle as my bike does at redline.
>tfw no liter peter

I've hit a big issue in my life which requires me now to get a vehicle of transport.

I'm 18 barely and my insurance is gonna be high as shit I imagine, so I thought about getting a bike to lower the costs?

How can I go about this cost efficiency? I don't even have a license, I've had no reason to drive until now.

>I don't even have a license
should have started 2 years ago; you probably won't be able to hop on a bike and go for like a year or so.

motorcycles initially seem like the cheaper option but when you take into account insurance and the more frequent maintenance. just get a beater camry/corolla dude.

Are you American?

First thing I'll tell you is don't waste your time listening to anyone else because it's probably retarded advice (or identical).

This is the cheapest way:

>go to RMV/DMV for motorcycle permit (study for it obviously, manuals are free on the DMV website)
>take MSF course (anywhere from $180-$300)
>you automatically receive your license and now know how to operate a motorcycle
>you go buy a 2005ish ninja 250 for $1500~
>insurance will be anywhere from $200-$700 annually for you

Obviously you'll need to buy yourself a helmet at the very least and factor in taxes/registration/title fees when you register the bike.

But that is pretty much it. For less than $2,500, you can get yourself one of the most reliable general purpose motorcycles ever made and it will get you anywhere you need to go no problem.

Budget some cash for miscellaneous maintenance expenses in case you need it like tires/fluids/etc..

Overall though, $3,000 will cover everything you need to go from zero to hero

>$200-$700 dollars annually
>annually
>for an 18 year old

you what

You forgot this would be his only vehicle. He would be absolutely miserable in cold/rainy/otherwise adverse weather without $500+ worth of gear.

This.

I don't recommend getting a motorcycle as a first vehicle. For about the first year on the road you will be clueless as to how traffic works and how to respond to different situations. That's bad news for a new biker. You won't have someone else sitting there right next to you to ask what to do. You won't have a protective cage around you to save you from your likely mistakes or the mistakes of those around you.

Age isn't as big of a factor as people like to think. Motorcycle insurance is cheap because the only person you're going to hurt in the event of an accident is yourself. Other variables include motorcycle year and displacement. Either way you look at it, it's going to be significantly cheaper than a car.

That is unless you live in some shit stain part of the world like Europe where nothing makes sense because of stupid liberals

bikes are cheap to insure

SV good, it teaches you how to into low speed properly.

I'm British, how much of this applies to me still?
I'm a little conflicted. What I need is a vehicle, that I will only use to do literally no more than 40 miles a week, I need cheap as sin insurance and initial motorcycle price because I'm saving to move out.

This is really foreign to me because I'm a man child who's been living under a rock thinking he could just get around using trains his whole life.

Is that road closed off just for motorcyclists to practice or what?

it's an abandoned car park that's been turned into the worlds most bizarre "bicycle path"

I'm of the opinion (based on the overhead) that it was supposed to originally be the roadway but they changed their minds.

or something.

I've got no clue.

do the police not give you shit for doing wheelies and shit there?

>removing carb
>throttle cable bracket screw is stripped
GOD
FUCKING
DAMNIT

Pic?
I've never unscrewed the bracket when I take out my carbs. I just undo the throttle cable.

HWP drive past every now and then, never had any issues.

They should be happy (or unhappy, depending on the cop) we're not doing it out on the public roads.

Its the first time I'm removing a carb so I'm following the manual. Some experienced bloke will show up in a couple minutes and I'm sure he'll suggest that. Nice repeating digits

So that's where all the cool kids hangout in their motovlogs, might have to check it out some time.

it's a cool area though, lots of weird shit, like this ring of doom they built for no apparent reason.

and a bmx track that's totally free and open to the public.

Looking at a Striple tomorrow.
Anything I should look out for?
Just want to make sure I don't miss anything.

How hoon are you?

About 7 on a scale of 1 to 10. 10 being Max Wrist or Ghost Rider.

It's 31 degrees outside. How squid should I go?

you're gonna need to back that the fuck up because 70% of ghost rider hooning is a bold fucking claim.

I've worn full leathers in 38 degrees before and it was fine.

Just make sure to drink obviously and keep moving.

Make sure you have a breathable shirt on under the leathers or (ideally) just go no shirt at all.

Nah, I think that's about fair. Maybe a 6.5, if I'm being modest.
But I'm nobike at the moment, so essentially a 0.

>murica

Last day of msf today, wish me luck? Going to be on the road by Tuesday.

try not to fall over laughing at other people falling over, it happened in my class.

post that to /n/ and watch them have a fit over how many watts of energy he is wasting there.

Don't try to impress people with your mad WOT and braking skills because that's how this one guy in my class failed

>fz1 with bags? or
>bandit

I want to sport tour without going bankrupt

I'm not much for showing off. One guy failed yesterday because he did a burn out in the rain on one of the bikes. He already had 2 strikes though

Lel kek, how can these people hold a job to afford a bike if they can't control their stupidity for 3 whole days

klr650 you faggot
can't go offroad in that shit

I know, it's mostly younger guys in my group. They are always revving and honking and doing stupid shit. I just want to learn.
>this is what I get for taking the course in detroit.

>retro fast food cup

bring on the 90s bruh

what a shitty shop desu

>go to look at bike I purchased yesterday in my garage
>not in my garage
>"where the fuck is my bike?"
>hear from across house "I put it outside cause it smelled like gas and it was coming through the vents"
>roommates helicopter-safety mom literally left my just-purchased bike outside in *Daytona beach* overnight and has the gall to lecture me on how dangerous the "carbon monoxide from gas" is
Gas wasn't even from my bike. Somebody left an open can right next to our a/c vent.
Hold me back dudes, I'm ready to fucking explode

>carbon monoxide
>unburnt gas
how goddamn retarded is she?

kek

Tape up the windows, run a tube from the exhaust to her bedroom at night.
Just to show her what it actually feels like.

>Living with your roommate's mom

Luv my gixxer shitbike

>someone touching your bike without your permission
Challenge her to thunderdome

what the fuck is your roomates mom doing at your house?

Literally went on and on how "you could have gone to sleep and wouldn't have even smelled the carbon monoxide!"
We all live in a house for college but she was the only parent who felt like staying for *two fucking weeks* to make sure her 'child' was alright going back to university
She's leaving tomorrow, thank the fucking lord

you should fuck his mom or something

teach that faggot and his mother a lesson

TWO GO IN
user COMES OUT
TWO GO IN
user COMES OUT

how have i not heard about this max wrist guy before? this guy has to be some sort of hoon god, or king of australia or something.

No idea where he's from
youtube.com/watch?v=7ClPFl_wC-k

Thing is, this isn't the first motorcycle related fuck up this kid has been responsible for
>other roommate rides (he's the reason I got into riding)
>letting everyone test out his 955i he got
>kid who's mom almost got my bike stolen leans on said 955I
>tiiiiiiiiiiip
Rip fairings

He doesn't really do that much. He probably rides that road enough to know where cops sit. Once you don't have to worry about cops going /fast/ isn't too difficult.

>tfw go hit local twisties last night
>See LEDs in the distance
>Someone got stopped
>Figure it's cop riding down the road because they never fucking sit there
>Come back 1hr later
>Some guy on a harley got stopped by the same cop
>Other twisties had cop sitting at the end of it even though they never even looked at it before
>All my twisty roads are burned
Fucking sucks man.

Get it repainted into a meme color or something and put a bunch of WAT stickers on it for your buddy.

I would unzip and rape her on the spot, right there.

Would love to but at the end of the day I'm a broke ass college kid who just bought himself a motorcycle last night :^)
You would probably keep your dick in your pants if you saw this gargantuan "female"

>who just bought himself a motorcycle last night :^)
wut baik

Also chinese ebay fairings are like $300/set. If you're not taking them on the track they'll be fine.

whys it always the ugliest ones that cause the most trouble