Do any of you here actually race at even a semi professional level or are you all just benchracers like reddit

Do any of you here actually race at even a semi professional level or are you all just benchracers like reddit

>feeling this superior because he tracks his car
fuckin blow me

Never met anyone who is more of an insufferable cunt than a fucking wanna race car driver.

Hes right though
>tfw no tracks in my state
Unless you wanna turn left. Or turn left on the dirt.
>tfw a million motocross tracks
I only ride in the mountains now. Too old for big jumps now.
>tfw set up a gymkhana club
It was super fun but another member wanted it shut down because he was a drama queen.
>tfw local autox
Buncha cry baby, drama queen, shit talkers. Makes it no fun at all.
Thats why i sold all my sports cars. I may try to set up a minibike race or something

>Local "tracks" are all cones in a field
>Want to take my BMW out there, it's fucked anyway due to a crash
>Won't let me, cars have to be in "streetable condition"

Whats the fucking point then?

Kek, that autox scene. Car people are fucking horrible. Everybody in these Instagram car clubs are a bunch of pussies.

He's not right, fuck you

Raced outlaw class karts for several years at kind of a state level, didn't have money/time to go to every race but whenever they were at my local track I placed decently if not won.

I sometimes race with a bunch of friends at a local track, that's as professional as i go.

Salty as fug

Bumping for curiosity

>He thinks there is only amateurs here on Veeky Forums

m8, only the most elite racers post on this board. But you probably didn't know this because you were too busy benchracing on Faggit, begging for upvoats

nigga that a gridlife event

aka "benchracers weekend'

aka "hope the faggot behind me doesnt drift into my miata

aka "3 days of cone fags"

those events are shit, the HPDE was taught by a 21 year old with a mustache driving a drift prepped s13, at least at the one i went to

I drive F1

I raced against some guys who do actual races, but never any official race. Did a hat race last month, just lost my $50 though.

Most often I just clock myself on the backroads coming from work since they're pretty safe. About 20 miles of paved roads adjacent to farmland, it's rare to see anyone else out there so the only one I'm endangering is myself.

no, my fast ride got totaled a few weeks ago.

Now I have an old foxbody project that I've owned for ages. I guess I'll mess with that.

>semi professional
I race dirt track and public roadways

>Do any of you here pretend to be as much of a racecar driver as me, or am I the only boy-racer faggot who thinks rolling over cones in parking lots with my civic means im a drift-king

That's a really weird question, I don't understand why you'd ask something like that OP.

Not OP
But are you really that salty and upset that you would put words in his mouth?
You could have just said
"no i ride the bus"
"But thanks OP, i feel inspired to do something more fun now."

>OP starts a thread that can only be bullshit-fueled elitism or shitposting, but is probably just both
>other retards defend the OP instead of calling him a faggot for making a shit thread

no u

You coulda just said
"Yes im salty"

Lurk more you fucking newfag.

fugg :^)

I don't race my car because I'm grew out of the "gotta be tough gotta go fast muh dik i hope people are watching me be cool like a manly man" mentality.
Find a productive way to spend your time. Being a car hobbyist doesn't mean you have to waste your afternoon driving around cones at your local civic center parking lot.

I dont like people watching me, but i like to have fun. According to you i cant have both

According to me you also can't have reading comprehension.

I do rallycross, but it's more just friendly competition and fun than actual racing. Our region in particular is pretty tight knit with the stage rally community since a lot of event organizers and competitors are people I rallyx with. I know quite a few drivers and co-drivers and I'm active on the competitor discussion groups picking up tips on prepping a car and the best places to buy stuff, so I'll be getting into that when funds allow.

if i could afford to race a racecar you bet i would be doing this

but alas insurance, gas, tires, lessons, equipment rental, and fees associated with the racetrack make it a sport for the elite pigs

true enthusiests from humble roots do their racing on the streets

The only "professional" driving I've done was for an Acura commercial about a year ago

Do you not get any enjoyment of of racing for yourself? Watching most racing is NOTHING compared to actually being in the race.

so what does being a car hobbyist mean? shitposting and benchracing on Veeky Forums? there are different areas within motoring as a hobby, and for some it's the thrill of driving fast and/or competitively.

i can't get excited by conefagging though

No one gives a fuck what you do with your gutted civic on the weekends Mr semi pro.

The first autox I went to and was in the top 10 of novice times, about 4th in class. Two instructor/veterans chatted me up and asked if I was really novice. Felt cool, but also like the standard was set pretty low though 2bh. I consistently place good times, but there's guys out there still blowing the fuck out of me.

I can do track days and autox but it gets expensive. I feel like even though I'm 23 it's a bit too late for me to be professional anything, and that's fine with me. I can stick to grass roots stuff and still enjoy besting my previous times

The reading comprehension is also not strong in this one

Being a car hobbyist means enjoying cars. In what way one finds enjoyment it's up to them. If you enjoy racing, then that's fine, it's just a very childish and a waste of time and money.

>everything's ok as long as I don't dislike it!
>stop liking what I don't like!
>I'm not retarded you just can't read!

Fuck off crybaby

There are a couple of guys in the daily bike thread that race/do trackdays

You could say any hobby is childish and a waste of time and money.

Everybody in Veeky Forums is shittalking about how X car won lemans 0 times or how Y car is faster on the 0-60, so the question is relevant.

Cars are meant to be driven, not talked about, and OP is asking whether anybody really drives them or they just pretend to care about their performance.