How to touch up rust after running 150 000k

Looking the best way to touch up:
>bubbling rust
>sharp, hairline peeling frame
>general rust causing paint peel off
>inside to out rust
Are repaints a thing? Do they last?

Other urls found in this thread:

collisionblast.com/2012/03/24/lead-filler-the-advantages-and-disadvantages-of-using-lead-for-repairing-dents/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Brush/grind/otherwise abrade every molecule of rust away until you have bare metal
>If necessary, add new material to replace that lost to the rust
>Repaint

brush? rly.

what about windshield streeks? grind wax over them?

Cut it out and make a new panel. Unless it has an aggressive compound curve they aren't hard to make.

>smear paint over rust spots
>sell car within 3 weeks

Rust is not fixable. By the time you put enough time/money/effort into making any kind of lasting difference to the rust, you've put more into the car than difference in resale price you're getting.

Sell the car. If you sell it private party and they point it out, tell the buyer its just "surface rust" and can be "fixed easily"

Isn't this the exact opposite of what this guy: just said that you can grind shit and then repaint it?

Also, what is the purpose of "clearcoat"?

What game is that? Most Australian thing I've ever seen

Hahaha
"Origins of man" its hard to find not covered in bugs

what. no. it's "Rust"

it's like minecraft but without the ability to dig as hard and a more realistic

I'm not saying the exact opposite at all. Rust isn't fixable. He's right. You need to remove every bit of the rust, replace any noticeable loss of metal from the rust through welding in new panels and/or Bondo then you'll need to prevent new rust from forming which in many cases will involve painting not only the outside but also trading the inside of the panels. That user just doesn't consider it top be worth the effort which in many cases it isn't that's why my truck looks like Swiss cheese.

pic of your trucc pls
is it still waterproof from the upside when/if you go mudding or off roader?

why is yours rusting so hard? ):

If it's bubbling it means the whole panel is rusted through, gotta cut it out.

ah fuck. maybe get someone with a forklift to ram into my door and claim insurance to get a new door

OP just get new doors and quarterpanels and then rust proof

>Cut it out and make a new panel.

That`s a lot of work for what is mostly likely an old, rusty shitbox.

1. Remove rust with somthing abrasive.
2. Use rust inhibitor
3. Patch holes with playdough, or whatever
3. Paint
4. Slab it with old engine oil/wax/whatever

Its not expensive if you diy it and don`t care if it looks "perfect". You will possibly not stop the rust, but if you treat it every one or two years it will slow the rust down quite a bit.

My idea appears to be stollen

is there some sort of liquid metal that melts below 200deg and isn't toxic?
maybe just use some liquid tin and paint some on. then rust proof, paint, and go

Most cases you wont be able to paint the inside of the panels, at least welds will still stay unpainted, if you don`t use something else, like glue.

You could use automotive tin. You have to use a torch to apply it though and I don`t think that`s worth the hassle. Its mostly used by restorers who go by the book.

>remove door
>place it horzontally
>sand off so it creates a shallow valley
>melt a tin of aluminium at 700C
>lightly pour the molten aluminium into the valley
>paint over
>never rust again

>advising someone with no bodywork experience to use lead filler

what could go wrong

>whole new quarterpanels

That`s probably one of the biggest job you can do on the body. If only the arches are bad, cut them out and slap that widebody kit on you always wanted.

You don`t actually heat it to boiling point. I think that would also burn away the flux.

collisionblast.com/2012/03/24/lead-filler-the-advantages-and-disadvantages-of-using-lead-for-repairing-dents/

You wont get lead filler around most places anymore because regulations.

>aluminium
>700C
>boiling point
V A P O U R W A V E
I think you mean "melting point", senpai

nb

Are your doors aluminum?

no. they're aluminium.

but that's not even the point. he was responding to: . you also can't boil aluminum since it just burns in the air

It's better than wasting your time painting something that's going to bubble in a few months. I fixed my shit box in a weekend.

It costs a fuckton of time and it's a lot of shitty labor.

If your time is worthless and you love pulling bits of wire out of your face, arms, legs, torso, and everywhere else while being coated in a cloud or orange go nuts.

>after running 150 000k
It's better to stop rust before it starts with undercoatings and whatnot.