E92 M3

Exactly how fucked am I if I went through with this? Is it possible to get a good one under $30k? Any years to avoid?

If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Big Money Waste

They are terrible. Find a clean E46 M3 for daily and a Clean E36 M3 for track/racecar needs. You will spend less maintaining the both of them than you will spend on the E92

Well, really what I'm curious about is common issues and general cost of maintenance. Purchase price is not an issue.

>E46 M3
My current car is a 2007 and I'd rather not go older. Is it that good though?

E46 is the last good 3 series. It's the last one with a dipstick.

Yeah its the last good M3 IMO. Love the new M2 but the new M3/M4 isnt that great. Go drive around some E46 M3s and see how you like them. The goal is to find one with all service records with the correct oil changed and all the correct maintenece done. They will be worth way more than the E90 too if you hold onto them. They truly are a timeless classic.

How's the ride as a daily? Pretty stiff? Heavy clutch?

Just drive one. If the m3 is too stiff, get a 330ci

Definitely not too stiff, clutch is BMW tier. Aka best clutch around.

Like I said just go drive one and youll know if you want it or not. Try some E36s too, they are pretty low value right now so I doubt you could ever loose money. Infact I would wager to gain money if you hold onto them for 10 years.

Don't listen to the poorfags, E46s are equally pricey to maintain and unreliable. You need to be sure to have money for repairs with any euro import. If you can get over the extra weight and torque gap compaired to its competiton its a great car.

I cannot believe people actually respond to this shitty bait The E92 is far superior to the E46. Only retards would say the contrary.

you are a dipstick

Would $2-3k be a safe amount to put aside for unexpected repairs? Or would I need more like $5k?

Your mom seemed to quite enjoy my dipstick last night.

I love how the lack of a dipstick just make the e9x m3 garbo compared to the e46.

For once this retard is right, the "hurr dipstick" meme is just what idiots who know nothing about different generations or cars in general say then other idiots parrot this

>agreeing with a guy that shills cars where you can't do any maintenance yet owns a sub liter fiat diesel.

Listen to yourself.

>Literally everything an idiot says is wrong
Once again you're just proving you have no idea what you're talking about

I have a 328i and i was 5k in the whole in 6 months.