/RST/ - Rust

•Post your rust.
•Rate other's rust.
•Share rust stories.
•Ask/Receive rust tips.
•Rust lovers/rust haters all are welcome.

Pic related is my rust. Around here we call it Honda rust.

I thought that was a Mazda at first.

What year nippbox is that?

Get on my level

Don't know found it on google.

I'd fill these holes

It's mint!

Rust

No rust.
Seam sealer then epoxy primer then single stage paint

Short story
>have identical rust spots in both doorjams.
>spend monday lunch break cutting out one side, bending up a z-channel and stretching/shrinking to fit, weld it in.
>still have time to eat a sandwich.
>
>Tuesday do same thing on other side.
>run out of lunch hour, still stretching/shrinking
>get frustrated,stop and look at machines and my "patch"
>notice surface rust color is off, too orange.
>flip it over and read the yellow writing on it.

It may seem like a good idea at the time, but do not pull a scrap piece of chro-moly out of the bin and use it for sheet metal repair...

Ol rusty

If you need scrap pieces hit up onlinemetals.com for a protobox and leave a description of what you need in the comment box. I do it all the time and always get good shit

Upvoted
Finding scrap material can be hard sometimes. Think they can find me a piece for a floor board?

>1971 911T
the T stands for Tetanus

Dude fuck yeah, I'm at the Wallingford branch all the time and I've seen big pieces of sheet get thrown out. Your best bet is to drop by a branch, obviously they can't ship a scrap piece that's bigger than 12" because the shipping calculation would be fucked up but in person it doesn't matter. Trust me bro I've been all over the country and I'm close with some of the management, and if you live by Santa Fe springs your fucked that shop is a joke

DIAMOND PLATE
I
A
M
O
N
D

P
L
A
T
E

Forgot this

Detroit is actually the closest to me.

"""surface""" rust. If everything goes according to plan it will be mine.

SR6 or I6?
I'm blind, sorry.

>take out engine
>rust

Rust belt?
I have the same thing.

My point was that the first piece took me a half hour to make. The second, identical one for the other side took me 2 hours. Both were 10 gauge sheet metal, difference turned out to be mild steel vs chro-moly (because I just grabbed scrap out of the bin at work without paying attention).
Even though chro-moly is only rated at about 30% higher burst strength than mild steel, real world strength plays our alot differently. Chro-moly is much more difficult to fabricate some things with.

Been there, done that, got the free T-shirt from supplier for helping him meet his sales quota.

Excuse the dirt, I've just reclaimed my truck from storage after 14 years (the precious rust restoration was on a mustang, although I can post pics of some from this vehicle also).

>having floor pans

Up

>be me
>live inna desert
>never see rust
>instead dry rot
>imokwiththis.jpeg

I will gladly trade you.

Is that a Transit?

Get on mine. This is a key structural component. (Radiator core support)
This is what I was talking about.

That`s just surface rust, will grind right out.

I was thinking some fresh paint.

box rusted out (they were made of shitty American metal while the cab was Japanese metal), floorboards have been replaced from completely rotting out and frame has been patched. get on my level

had a 1988 Nissan KingCab that had no floorboards and a rusty frame, frame broke in half on my way to work and i had to drive home with the truck sagged in half

>had a 1988 Nissan KingCab that had no floorboards and a rusty frame, frame broke in half on my way to work and i had to drive home with the truck sagged in half
Zip ties, friend.

Bump for one more day.