How is driving in your city/town, Veeky Forums?

how is driving in your city/town, Veeky Forums?

>westchester county, NY
largely fine, there's a few red light cameras in the southern large parts of the counties, most cops use kA Band radar (vs. LIDAR), traffic is usually fine too. when it sucks is when you have to drive in NYC

>webM related, returning home via the George Washington Bridge Lower Level
>they closed 2/3 lanes and backed up traffic for almost an hour for THIS, there's not even visible damage to either car and they delayed traffic on the bridge (not including residual traffic) for more than three hours with the lane closures

Small town Germany, no two lanes and seemingly half the town consists of cobblestone.

here? middle of illinois
roads shit quality, they only repaired the potholes from winter in july. absolutely shit quality roads.
no red light cameras or speed cameras, but there are those blinking yellow lights for turn lanes at intersections that the north of the state is slow to implement.

>Richmond VA metro area
It's usually ok as long as you're not in Chesterfield county where they try to pull you over for the smallest shit so they can get that sweet revenue, but if you avoid main roads like 60 and 360 and Broad St. you can find some comfy twisty back roads to Hoon on, and there are better Twisties about 45 minutes out in Louisa county

I live in Queens. I avoid the manhattan crossings at rush hour.

You learn to thread the needle when driving. People who live here understand what that means.

PS Out of state drivers can GTFO.

Yeah, usually Sundays aren't that bad. I generally take the Tappan Zee instead, but it was impossible to get on the Garden State where I was due to closures and once I started going up the Turnpike I really didn't have a choice.

Threading the needle is something I'm familiar with and get more aggressive with when driving at the Manhattan bound crossings in particular, otherwise you will NEVER get anywhere in any reasonable amount of time.

Small town outside of Little rock, AR, called Cabot

Drive around here is pretty good, no red-light cams, good stretches of County roads, a few potholes here and there, and most cops aren't assholes. You can drive UTV and ATVs on most non highway roads, which is fun.

Bad things are when the schools get out, the roads overflow with drivers. Also, my town is a stupid dry county, so bars popup right on the county line, and you'll see drunk drivers everywhere after midnight on the weekends

Tampa, Florida here. Lots of stoplights, and stop and go traffic at about 5:00-6:00. Traffic is even worse when it rains at this time, especially on highways.

I drive a manual, too. It's a really soft clutch, so I dont have an issue in traffic. I just tell myself, "If 99% of the world can drive like this, then why should I complain"

Driving is hell here in Houston. You got dumbshits occupied on the phones rather than the road (majority are women) little to no courteous drivers.

>baltimore, md
fucking awful
ricers and donks everywhere
everyone is an awful driver
nobody uses their turn signals ever

Used to live in small town Pennsylvania. Shit was fine there. People respect road laws and drive sensibly until you hop on the interstate

Hello fellow Virginian. NoVa reporting in.

We get nasty traffic here but it's fairly predictable based on time of day. Not like when I visited SoCal and there was just traffic up the ass, at all times of day, for no apparent reason.

I hated driving in Houston. I never understood how it could take over an hour to drive 4 miles from Brookhollow to the Galleria at 6:30PM at night on a weekday. Going from the Energy Corridor back to/from Brookhollow was a nightmare as well.

> Reading, UK
> Town
Fucking awful. Traffic lights everywhere, mostly unsynced, and half of them are pedestrian crossings. Half the main roads in and out are taken over by bus lanes, buses get priority on lights, bus stops in the middle of the road, and every 100 meters.
Standard of driving is awful. One shithead sitting on a 'keep clear' sign on a roundabout can gridlock the town. The same with one person pushing a crossing button over and over.
Potholes everywhere that just don't get fixed or stay fixed. When they do resurface part of a road, it's fine where they resurface but back to potholes when you're off that bit. Or a utility company digs it up and leaves ugly humped patches there.
And when I say gridlock, it's literally the town not moving because there's nowhere to move to. And that's outside of rush hour.

> Outside the town
Lovely twisty country roads, access easy to everywhere else. Only brought down by idiots driving too slowly, or twatcunts in BMWs and Audis insisting you drive twice the speed limit around blind bends you're likely to encounter trucks and tractors on.

>WV
Shit is so fucking nice, there is never any traffic on the highways and cruising is such a breeze

>Vancouver BC
FUCKING TERRIBLE. Endless traffic, people drive like huge assholes, roads keep getting closed for bike lanes, pedestrians are suicidal, roads are about 1200% over capacity at any given time.

Pittsburgh, PA

It's so shit that even Uber chose us to test their self driving cars, stating that "If we can do it in Pittsburgh, we can do it anywhere else."

NYC here too

What the FUCK is it with fucking retards who get into the most minor of fender benders waiting in the middle of the fucking intersection where they hit until the police arrive? Do these immigrant fucks think the FBI is coming too? The first thing the cops do is tell them to get the fuck out of everyone's way

I've never seen such autism in my life

>Madison, WI

Awful
Lots of retarded one-ways, with out of staters routinely going the wrong way
a zillion people, most dont really follow walk signs (im guilty)
a billion bikers who choose when they feel like being a car or pedestrian
random protests shutting down entire streets for hours, cucked police force allows it.
parking is 150 a month

0/10

Atascocita

Loads of lights and everyone drives like a retard.

Been through there and this guy is telling the truth. It's liberal-cuck city maximus and cyclist don't give a shit about laws or traffic control. Radio consist of frequent conservative bashing and worshipping Muslim cock.

>upstate NY
FUCK YOU

FUCK ME

FUCK EVERYONE

BURY ME IN A PILE OF ROAD SALT AND SHITTY FUCKING JERSEY DRIVERS AND PISS ON MY GRAVE WITH A BAG OF METH

My nigga, I have to commute from the airport (side of town) to west towne (side) daily, there is no winning. I have to pass at least two high schools where shit gets fubar easy, not to mention all the events, if not construction that take up one of three streets on the isthmus. Pure autism

cons of driving in my hometown
>speed limits 60 kmh and under
>elderly people and tourists avg 45-50 km/h
>half of the roads are gravel, other half is chipseal
>deer everywhere
>drunk drivers everywhere

Pros:
>no police at all
>very little traffic (might pass 15 cars in a half hour of driving)

> drive in LA
> Rubber neckers everywhere
> Small tiny collision barely enough to scuff paint
> 1 hour of backed up traffic
> They're pulled on the side of the road, no police have arrived yet, no one could have possibly gotten hurt
> Both east and west aree backed up because why?
> RUBBER NECKERS
> REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Outer Bumfuck Iowa

Traffic is great. Occasional tractor or combine is the biggest headache. Open your sunroof and drive by slow and maybe they'll toss you a beer if they know you.

>pic related

Probably a fucking oblivious college student that should have been fodder for deer catchers bitching about parking costs when you can find free parking three blocks away. "gotta park on MY STREET"

South Irving

>Nobody uses turn signals
>People ignore "right turn only" signs and will drive straight into your lane, almost killing you in the process and getting mad at you for it
>A lot of undocumented immigrants which means nobody has insurance and most accidents are hit and runs
>fart pipe exhaust everywhere

I fucking hate driving around here. Everyone's so shitty and inconsiderate.

Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil.

CONS:

>way too many shitboxes per square meter
>albeit forbiden, horse-drawn buggies are a thing, fuck up traffic everytime
>taxi drivers are absolute assholes
>bus drivers are absolute madmen, don't give a shit about anyone
>traffic """""""police""""""" everywhere, fine for anything

PROS:

>the average motorist is pretty skilled and will usually be safe and help you when possible
>bike drivers have become smarter over the years, now will overtake and lanesplit properly most of the time
>road design allows for decent flow of traffic even in peak demand (thanks to arterial street system build way back on the 70's that is good even for today)
>the above is specially important when comparing to other cities with similar populations that won't fucking move during peak hours
>speed limits are reasonable, parking regulations too

In North Dakota It's kinda shitty. In the summer half the roads are under construction, the other half need to be. In the winter everything's covered in snow and ice. There are no fun, windy roads.

At least the cops aren't too bad. I don't want to test it, but from what I've seen, they don't give a shit unless they suspect you're drunk. A buddy of mine did 45 in a 30 right past a cop a couple days ago and nothing happened, and there have been plenty of times I saw some other people do retarded shit and not get pulled over.

Driving at night sucks because there's a lot of wildlife that has the potential to fuck up your car or possibly kill you.

Looks similar to ND. Do you ever get the urge to drive under these things?

Wow did not expect this many wiscbros on Veeky Forums.
God the construction is awful too. They close lanes for construction of fancy high rises all the time. I distinctly remember a street where the right lane becomes a parking lane randomly. That shit is infuriating

>El Paso
Shit. The roads are under perpetual construction, we always get Mexico drivers on the road from a country where traffic laws are pretty much nonexistent and the sun is in your eyes no matter what.

Palm Bay/Melbourne FL.

Literally zero of my tax dollars go into road maintenance, the roads are fucking terrible and the drivers worse.

I'm getting ready to move to AZ in a couple of months, hopefully the roads are better.

Live in country victoria, nearest town to me has a population of around 2000, all the roads are like pic related with a speed limit of 100km/h and anyone who is local sits on about 110km/h is about all there is to say about it.
Can really spot city drivers, they are the cunts doing 60-80km/h and won't pull over to let people pass, Pic related seems to be a good example of that, google car has 2 sheilas held up.

Another Wisconsin bro here, from Milwaukee.

The highways are fine except around rush hour. The zoo interchange construction ducks up US45 and I94 at that time.

On the surface streets, not to many donks or ricers just a large amount of boom cars.

Ayyyyy another richmonder. I bet half of Veeky Forums would love to drive on 288. Never any cops there at all during the day

Shit, not in the afternoon cause southbound is a bitch as is coming northbound from 95, best road to fly on imho is 295, but my favorite drive is 522 to 211W through Thornton Gap

I don't know. I'm not a normie who concerns himself with the public driving habits of the people around me.

Why so salty? I love driving upstate. You must drive a shitbox that can't handle a few bumps.