Rotor Promblems

I can here to ask if my rotor is fuck.
I was trying to change the break pads and one of my friends leans on the car and makes the jack fall over.

The rotor hit the concrete and I was wondering if I need to get it replaced or not.

Any help would be appreciated.
Pick is not my car BTW

take it to just brakes™

you clearly dont know shit and are too lazy to google a fucking thing

See if your local auto store turns rotors. If they are bent much it's a lost cause but might be worth a try. Get some jack stands while you are there so it doesn't fall on you next time.

Your friend owes you money for a new set of rotors.

>Get some jack stands while you are there so it doesn't fall on you next time.

or dont and livestream your death

No this tard owes himself a jack and set of jack stands.

Why wasn't it on jack stands. You deserve this and I have no sympathy for you.

There are no locations even near my area and that is my only car.
I have googled "How to tell when a rotor needs to be replaced" , "can a rotor fall on concrete". All the searches come up with is the same 3 websites that talk about brake pads fucking up your rotor. Brake pads did not fuck up my rotor. What fucked up my rotor was the jack falling over and the rotor hitting concrete.
I want to know if my rotor is fucked because it has to noticeable thing wrong with it looks wise. Only minor scratching on the bottom of the rotor, not the face.
Should I be worried about my rotor being fucked up or not?
Should I change the brake pads and put the tire back on and see?
These questions need to be answered because I know nothing about cars.
If I had the money to go to a shop, do you think I would have tried to change the breaks on my only car when I have no knowledge about how other then a few youtube videos?
I came asking for help, I would appreciate it if I did not get a response that was basically "Take it to a shop retard"

When I wrote this the only response I say was this dude.

While I agree he was doing it wrong he did say his friend leaned on it.

Had my dads stuff but had to sell it in order to eat, so that is out of the question.
The jack I got from my dad does not retain pressure any more so I can't use that .
The jack I was using is a cheap one that comes with the car for tire changes so it might be broke now.
I have the care on wood blocks right now

It shouldn't fall unless someone hits it with another car. If he was wrenching underneath he would be dead.

your rotor is probably fine
if you are really worried have a shop turn it, but I wouldn't imagine it's gone too far out of true.

just put the car back together and listen/feel for vibration that wasn't there before, especially under braking.

Just checked again more thoroughly I am fucked
The ring or cover or whatever is mushed under the rotor
The thing that is bigger then the rotor like right next to it

I was changing the break pads so I was not under it when it fell.

It's just a splash shield. Bend it back with a pair of pliers. It's just there to keep water away from the back side of the rotor and direct brake dust out of the wheel.

All right It is called a "dust shield" Can i just bend it back with something?

Thanks a lot brb after I bend it back

Yes, you could also just remove it.

Unbolt it from the back of the hub and whack it with a hammer until it's flat again.

better than being here making this shit thread

If you're worrying then replace it.

itt: /r9k/ does auto repair work

Just remount everything except tire, spin that side and see how,it runs against the pads...if its a smooth drag or just a little catch because of rust than its fine to drive on. If it catches hard anywhere and u cant find anything on the surface of the rotor than its probably bent and needs to be cut or replaced.

God, its not rocket surgery guys...

Thanks for the advice
I fixed after I basically taped two shitty thin jacks together to make a not shit jack

I also put stops on the back tires, and will try not to be retarded next time something comes up. First thing next month I am going to buy a lift set so I never have to do the two jack shit again.
Thanks for the advice every you really helped me a lot on this one.

Maybe, maybe not. Your rotor is probably fine.
But your backing plate/brake dust cover is fucked.

Post a pic

>No Jack stands
>tire changing jack for brake change
>Friend leans on the car

You and your Friend are fucking retards

>Hurr I don't have money for real tools

A pair of Wal-Mart 2 ton jack stands is less than $20, good luck finding a new rotor for that. Good fucking job Commander Cuck.

>tfw $13 rotors from rockauto

Just bend it back with your hand. I've done this on shields that were bent by rocks. It doesn't have to be perfectly straight, it just stops debris and road grim from getting onto the rotor/pads.

Absolutely replace the rotor. Even a gouge in the disk can make awful groaning or grinding noises. If it's actually bent or dented, it can chew through your pads quickly, lock up your brakes entirely, or fuck your wheel hub. The dust guard isn't a big deal, bend it back straight with your hands or a hammer so that it isn't in the way of the rotation of the wheel and isn't going to cut any wires or brake lines.

>be me
>work in a custom fab shop
>guy comes in with a long travel kit on his Toyota (won't mention brand, I'll get sued again)
>shits broken af- fix him up
>dudes so exited he takes over after I welded everything.
>guy leaves.
>20 minutes later dude comes walking back.
>has cool story of being a retard and not tightening lugnuts. After he left he was 1 light away from freeway onramp and tire flew off- bounced across major intersection(hit nothing) nailed car in parking lot (domestic iron real bumper..)
>Load up jack in service truck, drive over.
>rotor is ground to all fucks.
>looks like a pie chart of how many blacks are in the U.S. vs entitlements, missing the blacks on welfare part.
>jack it up(in the middle lane), bolt on tire- rock on...
That was major issues.
Op is like. Nothing.

Why don't you post an actual picture of your rotor you ignoramus.