How much is a 88' mustang gt convertible with a 302 bored over to 306 with engine mods such as heads, cam...

How much is a 88' mustang gt convertible with a 302 bored over to 306 with engine mods such as heads, cam, and intake worth? Overall car is in good condition.

>Buying a convertible Mustang
Kill you are self my man

Assuming gt40 heads/intake and an e303 cam and the engine being rebuilt, maybe 4 grand if the paint is nice. Theyre starting to appreciate.

$2000-$5000

Same or less than a stock one. Mods don't increase value.

OP here I was wondering because I know where to get one for 2500 and I was wondering if I could flip it for a little bit of cash.

Bout tree fiddy.

$50,000.

I know what you've got.

Also it is GT40P heads, GT40 intake bored out 302 e303 cam flat top pistons, shorty headers, amagnaflow exhaust, wired for boost.

You don't flip that, you buy it and fucking hang onto it because that's a pretty good little car assuming it has subframe connectors and rear end gears as well.

Whatcha mean? Keep in mind I'm kind of a car noob.

A foxbody mustang with a rebuilt engine like that is going to be pushing roughly 350hp, maybe a little less. That's going to be a very fun car to drive. BUT, the chassis is flimsy as fuck, so you need to make sure that weld-in subframe connectors are installed underneath so it doesn't twist itself out of shape from the power increase, and modifying the ratio of the rear axle will boost performance even more.

Assuming you're knowledgeable enough to be positive there's nothing wrong with it, you probably could make a little bit off of it. More if it's really nice.

He wants you dead

hp
At the crank maybe.

But yes, 3.73 gears if manual or 4.11 if auto. That combo might crack into the high 12's.

Of course at the crank, 350whp would be impossible with that setup. And personally prefer 3.55s since it's just a little more streetable.

Yeah the 3.55's are a nice mix between the 2 but first gear still gets high in the revs very quickly.

Also if you do get this, upgrade the shifter asap unless you love missing 3rd gear. (assuming it's a manual)

Yeah I have a Hurst shortshifter kit in mine, wouldn't want it any other way.

>mentions shitty bolt on mods
>refers to condition simply as "Overall good"
Stick to your civic, a bigger cold air intake and adjustable coilovers and tinted windows should give it about the same horsepower as the mustang.

>heads, cam, intake, headers, built and bored out to 306 ci
>shitty
You may actually have a negative amount of knowledge on ford 302s. Not just zero knowledge.

*rebuilt, ducking phone

Your glorified shitty mods don't decrease the value at best, at worst the car is now worthless if they're not done properly. Headers and intakes can be removed, but buying a bored engine? Blind, without knowing who did and whether you can trust them to have done a good job? I don't need any knowledge on a specific engine to know that mods, when listed without makes, models and installed them are worthless at best.

Don't be a ricer faggot that spews shit like "anything stock is shit" or "bro, first thing you gotta do is intake, then headers".

I was the same guy who told him 4000 would not be a terrible price if it was in good condition. And if you knew anything about foxbodies, you'd know that GT40s, e303 cam, any kind of headers, and a Magnaflow exbaust system are all very good improvements to make, which is why I've been encouraging OP to buy it if it's for 2500.

>you'd know that GT40s, e303 cam, any kind of headers, and a Magnaflow exbaust system are all very good improvements
Does the car OP is looking at have these installed? No? You don't know? OP said "engine mods such as." Him not specifying means either him or the owner don't know what they're doing, hence my advice to stay away from the car and stick to Civics.

M8

Should've put this crucial information in the OP. Knowing but not specifying reinforces my point that he has no idea what he's doing and should stay away from it.

You generally don't have to worry about a 5.0 that's not pushing over 400 hp, and if he decides to flip it then no big deal.

Quit being a faggot

OP do it. For 2500 you could easily sell for more if its not a shit heap and high miles. Fox bodies are fucking great and starting to make a big comeback. Buy it and drive it and sell in a few years. The foxbody market prices aren't really going to drop anymore and are at the point where they're about to go back up. Besides at 2500 you could probably at least list for 3500 and soemone would bite if youre in a populated area.