Other urls found in this thread:

sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/5676648415.html
youtube.com/watch?v=zyL6IzNGD_k
turbosource.com/mobile/Product.aspx?id=38921
youtu.be/ic3trmG4-Gw
youtube.com/watch?v=Xqf91ig1CqY
youtu.be/IeZ0jRi8W9E
youtu.be/BVEymMkfevE
amazon.com/Mazda-Miata-Chrome-Twin-Loop/dp/B00T5BRK1W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1472605552&sr=8-2&keywords=miata roll bar
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for NA is floppy and slow

2nd for NB is definitely a stiffer car and better platform to mod

One thing good about turboing the skyactiv is that because it's direct injected it's not really prone to pre detonation or anything. It really depends on how much the crank/rods/pistons etc can handle

all miatas are slow

she's purdy

Faster than your bicycle

u wanna bet, bitch?

just a reminder than NB are the gayest ones
and a poor man ND which is superior in every way
better looking, better performance, less floppy, you name it

while nc and na have their own things going for them nb is inferior to the latest model and nb owners wish they could afford it

>I'm retarded and think you can just slap a turbo on a high compression engine

Theres a reason only superchargers are available for the ND

Are the nb mazdaspeeds worth it or is it better to get a base nb/nc and turbo it yourself?

Im not averse to wrenching, just dont wanna be tearing the engine apart every 6 months.

Also dont need max power, just looking for a roughly 6 second 0-60

you can n/a tune a NC to get 6.2s 0-60

they are cool

but youd be hard pressed to find one that isnt overpriced

could have a turbo NB that puts down more power for way cheaper

>Theres a reason only superchargers are available for the ND
But that's wrong. And there's no reason you can't turbo an engine that you can supercharge. More air is more air.

If you want to make any power at all on an MSM, you're going to have to replace basically every MSM-specific part on it. I'd suggest turboing a base model instead.

yea bbr has a great kit for the NC

the bbr 225
itbs, exhaust, tune
and a 8k redline for the nc2/3

post some ND specific turbo kits then

they're overpriced af on craigslist
in terms of horsepower per dollar, buying a 5k miats and 5k on an FM2 kits gets you WAAAAY more

Thats pretty impressive, havent done too much research at this point but the NCs seem like the way to go

A little cheaper for the mazdaspeed than the NC but I think I would rather have the newer car for peace of mind.

>If you want to make any power at all on an MSM

thats a dumb way to say, "if you want to make way more power than stock"

tune adds power
downpipe adds power
exhaust adds power
a turbo intake adds power

the real limiting factors are the stock turbo and intercooler

stop spouting shit

follow the reply chain, it's what the whole discussion is about

the super 200 can do 0-60 in 6.1
youtube.com/watch?v=zyL6IzNGD_k

225 should be well into the 5s

turbosource.com/mobile/Product.aspx?id=38921

MSM is a disaster, just google how mazda fucked it up

those are the same links

BUT I WOULD HIGHLY ADVISE AGAINST BUYING A NC1 WITH HIGH MILES

read my post from other thread
the rod bearings WILL shit themselves
buy a NC2 (09+) for forged rods and upgraded bearings

>Currently in development is our 2016 2.0(2L) MX-5 Miata Turbo System

just like 5 other tuner shops that have one 'currently in development'

they arent being sold yet
they cant get the tuning right

>Stock Status: 0
>Availability: Pre-Order

you tried

I've got a NC1 with 110k miles, it's been ok

dayum never seen an nb like that before. Looks great with the facelifted front bumper cover and those filled fog light holes

Or just swap in a 2.3 or 2.5.

Yes, "in development" means "impossible." Superchargers are a lot faster to reach the market because there's a lot less plumbing to be done. It's pretty much strap it on and go.

isn't the turbo kit only about 2-3k? is the rest of the 5k for brakes, heavy clutch, and cool stickers?

2.5 swap is awesome

youtu.be/ic3trmG4-Gw

Everything was "in development" once

i was waiting for someone to post a turbo kit for the ND that is actually for sale

seems you just wanna shitpost

the fuck are you on about?
what kit

replied to you by accident instead of the post below. cool your jets retard

>just swap in a 2.3

just stop posting
no one puts 2.3s into NCs BECAUSE the 2.5 is available

there are 14 unique IPs in this thread and no trips
you dont know who youre replying to

>they're overpriced af on craigslist in terms of horsepower per dollar, buying a 5k miats and 5k on an FM2 kits gets you WAAAAY more

to answer my own question, the FM2 kit is about 5k and the voodoo 2 kit is 2-3k

don't get the voodoo kit, the fm2 kit tops out at like 300whp but you probably wont want more than 250

voodoo kit is like 220 or something

doesnt FM offer a turbo upgrade for the voodoo kit tho?

the gt2554r will reliably push 200whp
some m.net members have been running 215-220 hp on a gt2554r for years

the upgraded turbo (gt 2560r) will take way over 11 psi and obviously make over 200whp

the voodoo kit is not upgrade friendly in general though, the fm2 kit has a much higher ceiling
not to mention if you go MSPNP instead of the hydra crap and opt for a used (but reconditioned) turbo you get even more adaptability for cheaper

Isn't the Megasquirt a more or less better option in pretty much every way?

How is it not upgrade friendly

It is an option you pick when ordering the voodoo

You pick a 2554 or a 2560

the FM2, which obviously has a higher ceiling and better tuning, is also $2k more

say if I can't own an s2000 due to insurance, what can I do with 10k cash to an NA miata? I don't have to worry about mods with geico but living in a city+ poor Hispanics+flagship honda doesn't seem like a good mix for them.

buy 5 of them

LS swap.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xqf91ig1CqY

How safe is it to jack the car up the way he did? Jacking up one side, putting the jack stands down, then jacking up the other side. I did this with my Miata once, and it felt super sketchy doing it.

His car is so gay even by miata standards but his videos do have some good content. Just wish he didn't have that awful paint job or wrap

fuck you I like it.

It's shit tier, but in the same way that french fries and pizza are shit tier. They're objectively bad, but they're so goooooooood.

I'd say it's less sketchy than doing it the other way where you risk the wheels rolling or accidentally jacking on your oil pan or something. I always do side to side, mostly because it's way easier to jack up that way.

I lift in the front and the back every time. First under the nose on the front cross member, in the back I lift it from the diff

xth for i'm preferring fwd right now desu

i haven't skidded aroudn in it tho, not until roll bar

Lol pussy

If you can flip a miata doing light street skidding I will literally be amazed.

Literally just made me rock-hard til I saw the price. Seems literally retarded to dump the price of a flying miata S/C historic stay N/A.

I could understand the super 200 at literally half the price, but 4,000+ is nuts

Also who the fuck measures a modified car in bhp

>new tenant in the building has the new angry miata
>looks pretty nice, not gonna lie
>wonder if he'd trade a BJ for a test drive

why has it come to this Veeky Forums

Why do people keep confusing smug and angry. It has aggressive headlights but a grin. SMUG.

I was just shitposting, I do genuinely like Mazda's grille designs. Learned on a 5 and a 3 (both standard, parent's cars at the time) and I know they're based.

The new tenant's is sport package, white with texas plates and it looks pretty nice.

I'm just butt-ravaged that I can't find a clean mazdaspeed 6 desu, need AWD in my area

>muh I need AWD
buy snow tires and shut the fuck up

literally this

people expect all season radials to do everything. I can't believe how many people buy the whole "RWD is worthless in the winter" nonsense.

Better to have a car that can't go than a car that can't stop.

BIKINI TOP

RF targa looks better in my opinion... but all i all, new mx5 is fucking gorgeous

What a fucking hackjob, a begi spacer is what $60? Small potatoes. As far as cooling goes my 175 thermostat aluminum radiator combo only goes past the half way mark in 100+ degree stop and go highway traffic jams. Before the radiator upgrade I had to run the fan (manual fan switch) continuously in the summer now I almost never need turn it on.

And no, don't raise the car like that, his forklift atleast reaches the frame rails, if you need to lift one side at a time use a piece of hardwood inside the middle of the seam and jack from that, idiots jacking from the seam fuck the rocker panel drains and rot them from the inside out. Infact go take a pick or paper clip and clean your rocker panel drains right now they're probably clogged to shit unless you keep on top of them.

Driving into a ditch can flip a car, spinning and hitting a curb will flip a car I know because I've done it. A good bar makes a fuckhuge difference in rigidity and if you're worried about your precious little skull getting cracked put padding on the motherfucker. I also had a texting bitch slam into me while stopped at a light, my head slammed into the headrest something fierce but it didn't hit my bar and I'm over 6'1.

Also this post isn't meant for you it's preemptive of that one fag that comes in and shitposts about how you'll die if you have a rollbar when you're just as fucked either way in a serious collision, like your neck being snapped backwards is somehow better than your thick ass skull hitting a padded metal bar.

Mine :)

Which roll bar?

Found an NA Miato for 1k but the title is missing...wat do?

call the cops
Unless its a 1990, then there's a possibility it can be seen as a classic car, and there are some work-arounds to title a classic car.

But why not just get a clean title one for a bit more money?

How does Veeky Forums feel about the Bmw z3

HDHCDD

M roadster or go home.

>call the cops

like they give a shit, take the vin to the dmv to find out if its stolen and what penalties are owed then find out what a replacement title costs, you're buying parts without a title not a car price it accordingly

inferior to the miata
getting the e30 suspension might've been a good idea from the budget standpoint, but it makes the car handle horribly and that's the most important thing in a roadster

z4 on the other hand, now that's a car i respect greatly though it's closer to a GT car in a roadster form

Or M coupe

I have a stock 96 Miata with ththe popular equipment pack, can I just bolt a snail on and go or do I have to do anything first

>not the coupe

you need to do some research man. Here are some videos to get you started

youtu.be/IeZ0jRi8W9E

youtu.be/BVEymMkfevE

this guy's channel is super good btw. Good place to start. For more detailed information I'd probably start browsing miataturbo.net

NB2? I like that color.

here's my NA8

starting to get kind of bored with my NA8. Had it for 3 years but since I started riding bikes I can't enjoy cornering on 4 wheels as much. I'm considering selling it but idk

funny thing, it was the other way around for me, i find cornering with a bike extremely unfun and boring
i still enjoy the acceleration on straights though

>i find cornering with a bike extremely unfun and boring

then your a bitch that doesnt lean enough

and here we go
this is why i try to distance myself from the bikers

Can the Suzuki Cappuccino be part of Miata threads?

It's like a babby NB.

yes
especially the ones with hayabusa engine

Is that on an NA? Goddamn is that bar close to the driver's head.

That was not me fyi

Would a shifter rebuild kit help with the issue I'm having? Whenever I shift from 1st to 2nd its like I have to use alot of strength to shift but all the other gears are simple

Honestly, it's probably something you should do even if it won't fix your problem. The seals/insulators wear quickly and the rebuild will make your shifting feel a whole lot better.

yes
shifting from 1 to 2 is a little wonky even if the gearbox is in a good condition, but you shouldn't have the problem with moving the stick itself
it clearly needs fixing

and speaking of which, it's a real shame mazda fucked that up
otherwise i would put that gearbox higher than s2000 one if we are strictly talking about shifting feel

how much worse is an NB1 than an NB2?

is something like this even worth it, i really don't want to spend a ton of money right now senpaitachi

will it really save me

amazon.com/Mazda-Miata-Chrome-Twin-Loop/dp/B00T5BRK1W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1472605552&sr=8-2&keywords=miata roll bar

Hey guys, I know literally nothing about miatas bt I'm looking into one because I can't resist all the hype..

Can someone let me know what the consensus is on which generation is best/worst?

Also ehich gens require premium/regular fuel?

Thanks anons, hoping to join the club soon.

Hey, I know exactly where that photo was taken.

I like those fastback tops, I wish they'd make a real Miat coupe like that.

NA: Beyond overrated; horrendously slow with a relative floppy chassis
NB: Direct upgrade from the NA, great car all around
NC: Getting pigfat and losing feels; not a bad sports car (would rather spend that money on something else though) but a bad Miata
ND: Returning back to the Miata formula, we're back to a lightweight, feelsy, fun sports car like the NB. Also like the NB and unlike the NA/NC it isn't a boring blob to look at.

NA best. NB second best. NC worst. ND muslim transmissions.

man watching these made me want to turbo my car again.

So I posted a few threads back but forgot to check, so I'll ask again.

My '01 NB is throwing a code and CEL for P0402 which is the EGR. The entire EGR was replaced and the code still comes back. Any ideas?

>tfw still no Miata in my life

Should be less than a year from now when I have a full time job and feel comfortable getting an ND

you need to clear the code

The code was cleared m8 but then it came back

m8s so is NA best or crap? Just generally what most people think.

air leak somewhere when you reinstalled the new one?